white, cream sauce?

FoundMyPrince

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for a recipe for a white cream sauce. I'm making manicotti and will put a red sauce over the manicotti - and I'd like to put a little of a white, cream sauce, on top of the red (like it's served at many restaurants). I cannot find a recipe for what I'm searching for - maybe b/c I don't know what else to call it other than a cream sauce!

Help - please!

I'm not sure what you mean by cream sauce. I've never seen a cream sauce served over a red pasta sauce. :confused3 Do mean, perhaps the shredded mozzerella cheese that is placed over the red tomato sauce and then melted till it's gooey? :scratchin

Or do you mean an Alfredo sauce? Again, I've never seen it served WITH a red tomato sauce. It's usually served alone on a pasta.

Bechemel is what you want I think - basic white sauce.

If you make it up as a cheese sauce it makes a lovely lasagne with fresh spinach, tomatoes and pesto - mmmmmmmmmmmm! Now I'm hungry;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter