Who do you use to rent points from?

crystal1313

DIS Veteran
We are in the process of getting ready to book our trip for next summer. We are thinking to rent points now since it's a significant savings. We've looked at David's and at DVC rental store. We like that you don't have to pay in full at DVC rental store. But I'm a bit nervous about renting in general. Does anyone prefer one place over the other? Is there another option I'm not aware of? Any pros or cons to either? I'm open to any and all opinions and suggestions. We cannot wait to get back to aulani!!

I have used David's twice. I honestly didnt even know DVC rental store existed the first time I rented points so I just went with Davids. All my questions were answered promptly and informatively and both times I have been very satisfied. I can really only speak to my experience with them and it has been great.

Daves is in Canada so I got charged a fee by my credit card for an international purchase. I've used both companies before we owned, and both were great.

We rent directly from owners, with no broker like David's or DVC Rental Store. We found an owner with Aulani points here on the DisBoards on the Rent/Trade forum in the DVC section. The owner had references and a contract. They required 50% to make the reservation and 50% 30 days before we traveled, but every owner will have their own rules. Going directly through an owner is cheaper than a broker as well, since there is no markup. There's another DVC forum out there that allows owners to post points available for rent and you can message them through the forum as well. I've used both that forum and DisBoards successfully every time I have rented.

We rent directly from owners, with no broker like David's or DVC Rental Store. We found an owner with Aulani points here on the DisBoards on the Rent/Trade forum in the DVC section. The owner had references and a contract. They required 50% to make the reservation and 50% 30 days before we traveled, but every owner will have their own rules. Going directly through an owner is cheaper than a broker as well, since there is no markup. There's another DVC forum out there that allows owners to post points available for rent and you can message them through the forum as well. I've used both that forum and DisBoards successfully every time I have rented.
We didn't rent points for Aulani, but we've rented DVC points for WDW stays from an owner here on the boards also. Very similar experience; very smooth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter