Who does the best park opening?

DISNEY FIX

DIS Veteran
Who has the best park opening ceremony? Is there something at each of the DVC resorts as well?
Thanks,
Chris

OKW has a waterslide opening ceremony. The lifeguards pick out a kid and ask them to "officiate" at the starting of the waterslide. The kid makes up a "magic word," and at precisely the right moment, they say the word and the water somehow starts flowing in the slide. (There may be some connection between the water flow and another lifeguard turning the pump on.)

DD got selected to do that on our last OKW trip (Nov 06) and she still talks about it occasionally. She still has her "magic wand."

Who has the best park opening ceremony? Is there something at each of the DVC resorts as well?
Thanks,
Chris

I'm partial to the park opening at MK. The "Mayor" comes out and does his thing with some entertainers who sing and dance (who I am certain have a formal name) and then Mickey and pals come around on the train with the family chosen to open the park. Love it.

I'm partial to the park opening at MK. The "Mayor" comes out and does his thing with some entertainers who sing and dance (who I am certain have a formal name) and then Mickey and pals come around on the train with the family chosen to open the park. Love it.

Can somone tell me when do or don't do the opening ceremony?
Thanks
Chris

Can somone tell me when do or don't do the opening ceremony?
Thanks
Chris

I'm not sure what you are asking. MK has an opening ceremony every day. Plan on getting there about 30 minutes before park opening.

I'm not sure what you are asking. MK has an opening ceremony every day. Plan on getting there about 30 minutes before park opening.

Are you looking for a list of which parks/resorts have special opening ceremonies?

What about EM hour(morning) days?

What about EM hour(morning) days?

I am almost positive it happens before the the park opens for EMH on those days. I haven't done EMH at MK in awhile though - anyone know differently?

You may want to post this question on the Theme Parks and Attractions board - tons of experts on this sort of thing over there.

The MK ceremony always makes me cry. Last year, we asked and I was told that they do it twice on EMH mornings.

All of the parks have a rope drop ceremony of some sort - and all of them are picking a "family of the day" for YOMD.

I know that WL does a "Flag Family" thing, but I don't know anything about it. That would be an interesting one to learn about.

Since we're trying to go semi-commando this trip:rolleyes1 gotta start somewhere to relax, i'd thought we'd try for a few mornings on our next trip (30 days - who's counting:banana: ?lol). If i understand correctly, you just ask @ checkin?

Will report if successful:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter