Who else watched the NEW DVC DVD?

Eyore4Ever149

Having withdrawl symptoms-reading UG'10,watching S
DH was opening up the mail and I came in and asked if there was anything interesting- yup- and points at a big light brown envelope-thing. Ehh. more sales pitchy stuff on AKV, but I open it anyway

"Ooooh theres a DVD!" (I love watching ANY DVD thats remotely Disney related. I say "lets watch it!" he asks "Now????Its 11pm" Yup who cares, let me go put my jammies on.

So we sit, not paying attention we choose "play all" okay, I would like to point out that while the new background clips of locations is cool, they COULD make this DVD even cooler, like adding a menu choice to look inside the rooms at each resort, or a virtual tour of each resort (that would be super-cool)

But my happiness factor is still at a good level.

Then just when we think it's close to over the AKV info comes on (now THIS is worth watching)- Okay Im psyched!! Did you see the concept drawlings for the water play area? And what KIND of different animals??? Elephants?? Or warthogs? Who knows- but it sounds sooo cool!!

I sure wish I could do an add on. But unfortunately we are in a cutting back season of our life, not an adding on. I am now a SAHM, and thats a top priority right now,So I will have to wait. Perhaps next year I can rent points from an AKV owner...

But my excitement level overall for our upcoming trip is super high now!!! I definitely want to take a tour, I talked to DVC today and she said the walk-thru is really great looking.

My 1 question...I remember reading years ago, about asmatics having issues with AKL rooms- the way the walls are treated or something. And that they wont relocation you to a different resort if you do have problems.
Will the DVC part have different walls? That would be a concern for me, as I do have pretty severe allergies and asthma......

DH was opening up the mail and I came in and asked if there was anything interesting- yup- and points at a big light brown envelope-thing. Ehh. more sales pitchy stuff on AKV, but I open it anyway

"Ooooh theres a DVD!" (I love watching ANY DVD thats remotely Disney related. I say "lets watch it!" he asks "Now????Its 11pm" Yup who cares, let me go put my jammies on.

So we sit, not paying attention we choose "play all" okay, I would like to point out that while the new background clips of locations is cool, they COULD make this DVD even cooler, like adding a menu choice to look inside the rooms at each resort, or a virtual tour of each resort (that would be super-cool)

But my happiness factor is still at a good level.

Then just when we think it's close to over the AKV info comes on (now THIS is worth watching)- Okay Im psyched!! Did you see the concept drawlings for the water play area? And what KIND of different animals??? Elephants?? Or warthogs? Who knows- but it sounds sooo cool!!

I sure wish I could do an add on. But unfortunately we are in a cutting back season of our life, not an adding on. I am now a SAHM, and thats a top priority right now,So I will have to wait. Perhaps next year I can rent points from an AKV owner...

But my excitement level overall for our upcoming trip is super high now!!! I definitely want to take a tour, I talked to DVC today and she said the walk-thru is really great looking.

My 1 question...I remember reading years ago, about asmatics having issues with AKL rooms- the way the walls are treated or something. And that they wont relocation you to a different resort if you do have problems.
Will the DVC part have different walls? That would be a concern for me, as I do have pretty severe allergies and asthma......

I read the resorts boards just about every day and have NEVER heard for this asthma issue....... Are you sure on that one?

(I have not watched the DVD yet, but will this weekend. You make it sound cool)

Sorry, no info on the asthma issue.

But I was delighted to find an interview segment with Dave Smith in the ARchives included in the extras on the DVD. They have amazing stuff catalogued there.

Oh how I wish I had a master's in library science....

We watched it Thursday night. It was so fun. Really makes me want to add-on at AKV. Even DH seemed mildly interested - and he is lacking the Disney gene. He loves our HHI ownership. I thought the coolest thing about the DVD was Roy Disney endorsing AKV and saying that for once in his life he could honestly say AKV is something that Walt would have loved. Pretty impressive endorsement if you ask me. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter