Who has got a US bank account?

Louise-Montreal

<font color=CC99CC>Vous parlez Francais, Tag Fairy
I have one at the CIBC. Throw in any extra money when I can- makes the exchange a little easier. Been very nice lately!
Which bank are others at? Any good deals? Anyone able to withdraw using Interac fromtheir US account?

Any and all info welcome! Hope to hear from others soon.

Louise

We have one at TD Canada Trust -- used to be at Canada Permanent then Canada Trust and now TD Canada Trust.

Haven't tried using Interac so don't know if it would work.

Like the hours at TD Canada Trust but don't bank there regularly -- just the US account is there.

I also have a US account at CIBC and put money in there when ever I have a chance,even if it is only a few dollars. I also do my ebay transactions in USD so the money goes straight in there!
I asked about having the account added to my interact card but it was not possible-dang.
Grover in Winnipeg:cool:

I have a US account with CIBC - along with cheques. This comes in handy when I want to write a cheque for a deposit rather than get dinged with a high rate from the credit card companies :smooth:

Also its a great way to save those US dollars from previous trips - and with the great exchange rate a great way to cash in some Canadain money and put it into the US account!

I've had mine account for years and it really is a great way to hold on to US money.

Kim;)

We have an account at Sun Trust across from DTD. Send a little money down now and then. It's nice to know it's there!

Originally posted by kimang

Also its a great way to save those US dollars from previous trips -

LOL ~ I never have any left over USD from previous trips!!!

>>^..^<<

I have one at a local credit union. In the last few months as soon as I step up to the counter they ask me "Would you like the U.s. rate today?"- Small towns:rolleyes: , well at least I get good service.;)

I used to have one, but they were charging me $1.00 a month to keep it. (less than $200, I think), so I closed it out. I've been thinking of getting another one. Are there any decent rates, low fee plans out there??

Oh, and I loved it when I could use ING to transfer money within accounts and save in American funds and withdraw US$$ at Canadian Tire. Now, THAT, I miss!

We have a US account at the Royal Bank. Sometimes I forget that we even have it, until I read one of MaMudduck's dollar threads ;), then I move fast!! :) :teeth:

We have one at TD Canada Trust can't use our debit card to get money out and found out that if I put the money into my racing account I have there I get a better rate transfering it to the US accout than depositing it directly to the us account.

debbie- I think you need to call different banks and see what they charge. Because I'm at a credit union, I'm only charge when I withdrawl money out $1.50U.S. per transaction ( I might be charge when making a deposit but I don't think so), so there's no monthly fee. I know it's different at all the banks.
(Btw if you PM'd me my mail box was too full, try again)

I have one at the Royal Bank also. Not sure of the monthly fee...think it's around $1.00-$2.00 I cannot access it via Interac but I can bank in and out of it online which is great because every time I see the U.S rate in my favour I transfer $100-$200 into it. Lately I have had some times where I can add a hundred for $134-5 Cad.

Painless way to save!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter