Who has stayed at both CBR and CSR?

jeank74

<font color=CC66CC>A happy newlywed!<br><font colo
I would like to know how you would compare the two resorts.

My reservation is currently with CSR. Nevertheless, I worry that CSR won't be available for the upcoming discount being that fall is a convention season. Hence I need to have a back up plan. Our trip will be a honeymoon trip, so I need to make sure that there is no "negative" surprises.

Thanks for your information.:Pinkbounc

I have stayed at both and I really couldn't make a decision, but I'll try to help you:

CSR:
mexico feel
awesome pool
interesting food court
newer (i was sick of seeing old CBR so much, I was glad for a new change)

CBR:
tropical feel
cute pool
easier to get around (island in the middle)

Well, I hope that helped.....it didn't help me a bit :) haha cuz I'm nostalgic for CBR I have stayed there a couple times since 2nd grade, but I just stayed at CSR last summer :)

WDW is having their fall discounts now - on their web-site if you are talking about October or November I won't expect the same type of discount they are offering now.

CRS - the swimming pool is much better than CRB

I lot of people don't like the food court at CRS - it is expensive and they force you to tip. While CRB is spread out and you pay as you good - not one time.

CRS has a gym (small), a beauty saloon - CRB has neither.

From CRB you can see the fireworks at Epcot (the high ones)

CRS has a bus that goes to BW so you can get in the back door at Epcot and all that BW offers

I've stayed at both, so here goes:

CSR:
-Southwestern theming
-Beautiful, gigantic pool with slide
-Small, dark-colored rooms
-Rental boats available, but lake is very small
-Quiet pools that are not very private
-Food court with various food stations....a gratuity fee is added to your meal
-Can be crowded during conventions

CBR:
-Tropical theming
-Each village has their own white sand beach with hammocks
-Larger rooms that are brightly colored & newly refurbished
-Rental boats available - lake is very large
-Each village has its own quiet pool that is more private
-Food court with several different "shops", each having their own cash register (if you want several different things, you could end up paying at several different cash registers.)
-Great view of Illuminations nightly

Between the two, I prefer CBR. When I'm there, I feel more like I'm on vacation that when I'm at CSR. I wasn't crazy about CSR because there was a convention when I was there.....I really don't want to see a bunch of rowdy businessmen or salesmen running around when I'm on vacation.

We have stayed at Coronado and CBR.

Carribbean Beach is our favorite resort at Disney. Our last trip to CBR was Memorial Day and was wonderful. The rooms are recently (within the past 18 months) remodeled. The grounds are beautiful and the food court is great. We love walking around the resort in the morning - there is a great walkway that circles the resort. The tiki bar by the main pool is a lot of fun at night.

We are going to Coronado Springs this coming Labor Day. It is also a great resort. The main pool area is a lot of fun. The grounds are also beautiful. We do not care for the food court as much as we do the one at CBR, but it is a still a great resort!

I've stayed at both, but I like the tropical atmosphere of
CBR, but CSR has an awesome pool and a pretty good water
slide with a couple of turns before you drop in the pool.
Did not like the food court at CSR.

I have stayed at both and give the nod to CSR. I like the food court and don't mind paying a bit extra. Each section is well themed and interesting. The quiet pool in the Cabana and Rancho section were real quiet. The rooms are colorful and comfortable.
I do like the CBR alot too because the rooms are bigger and the tropical atmosphere is great.
Either one would be great to stay at. Just pick the theme you want.

I just got back from a stay at Coronado Springs and I was not impressed. I have stayed at Carribean Beach twice and I like it much better. It is just so much easier to get around and I think it feels more "Disney" The resort has also been recently refurbished so I don't think you can go wrong there. The problem with Coronado Springs in my opinion is that is is so huge unless you get a prime location you are just stuck too far out from all the resort ammenities. In addition, just because you request a location does not in any way guarantee that you will recieve that location. I did not get even close to what I requested at Coronado Springs.

The check in at Caribean Beach was also far superior and I know this sounds hokey but the check in is just really important. It really sets the tone for your trip and you are usually tired after traveling and you want that extra disney touch.

Since you're going on a honeymoon, I think you'll find CBR much better. Here's why:

-CSR is one of the prime resorts in Disney for conventions. The lobby/ Main Bldg. is always crowded.

-Although both are huge, and you could have to walk a great deal, I find the promenade around the lake at the CBR much better than the paths at CSR.

-Each village at CBR has its own quiet pool; the Main Pool at the CSR, however, is the better pool of the two.

-The CBR has been recently refurbished.

For a honeymoon, only place in the CSR that I would really recommend is having dinner at the Maya Grill. Maybe it's because I'm latin, but the atmosphere, the service and the food was a pleasant surprise.

BTW, be sure to mention you're on a honeymoon when you check in (and basically anywhere you go! :). You'll get a few suprises.

I stayed at CBR in 12/98 and CSR in 02/01. Even though our room at CBR was in need of renovation (all rooms have since been renovated), I preferred CBR. I liked the tropical grounds and the food court better at CBR. CSR has more of a convention or business atmosphere. I did not care for the Pepper Market, the prices were high to start with and then they tacked on the 10% gratuity. It felt more out of the way from the parks. I didn't swim at either, so I can't comment on the pools.

I just returned from CSR. We have also stayed many times at CBR. It depends what atmosphere you are looking for. I feel I really escape when I go to CBR. I didn't get that feelings at CSR. Add me to the list that didn't like the 10% charge at the Pepper Market. They did have a better selection than CBR but we got 2 drinks, no refills and the tip cost us $2.40. It would be diff. if they did more than get your drinks.

I would pick CBR over CSR any day. CSR had a nicer and bigger main pool but CBR quiet pools really are quiet.

CBR was and always will be our first love! Our kids (now grown) think that DH & I are traitors for staying anywhere else besides CBR! Sorry, kids!

Hi,
We like both resorts. We like the tropical theme of CB over the southwest theme of CS.
I didn't get the vacation feeling at CS. There were a couple of conventions going on while we were there. Everywhere we looked there were people in suits talking on cell phones.
CS and CB are both beautiful resorts. Decide which theme appeals to you.
Sandy

We stayed at CBR in June 2000 and then recently at CSR in June 2002. Though we enjoyed CBR-beautiful grounds, good service, etc, we fell in love with CSR!!! Plan to stay there again if we can't swing a deluxe. It felt a step above CBR with the spa and gym. The service we received was from CSR incredible with special treatment and services for my birthday and our engagement (a complete surprise to me!!) We didn't care for the food at the Pepper market but to each his own-note that the 10% was easily taken off the bill for "to go" or if we didn't feel it was warranted.
CBR food court was gross everytime we tried it on our last trip.
The resort at CSR is so nice and each section is differently themed rather than just different colors like CBR. The pools at CSR are bigger and better inmy opinion than CBR.
I guess because we just had such a magical trip, and CSR helped us with that with complimentary upgrades to a water view and birthday cards and so much more, we are now CSR fans.
I feel either is a great choice (better choices than Port Orleans or an all star)
Good luck...
:)

we've stayed at both resorts twice actually. The last time we did CBR was 4 years ago. So we haven't seen it since the refurbishments.

They are both wonderful resorts and it's hard to pick. You should pick based on which theme you think you would enjoy the most. The rooms are basically the same except the theming.

Are you going to spend alot of time in the pool? If so, I would lean towards Coronado. The pool is wonderful. CBR pool is not that great. I do like both themes so it's really hard to pick.

But if I had to I would pick Coronado. It's newer and fresher, they have a great full-service restaurant, Maya Grille, and it's a bit smaller than CBR which I feel is better and more intimate. It is a convention resort and some people don't like that. It didn't bother us either time we visited.

Either way - you'll have a blast because you're picking between two great Disney resorts.

PamNC

I've stayed at CBR 6 times and CSR 4 times and I can give you some comparisons and tips for both :)

CBR
Tropical feel
Great food court
Nice pool
Good quiet pool w/ laundry facilities
Easy to get around, island in the middle of the lake

Tips
The best "island" for you to stay in, in my opinion is Aruba
It is very close to the bridge that goes to Old Port Royale. Jamaica is nice as well

CSR
My personal favourite resort :)
Mexican feel
Amazing pool!
Unique food court but a bit pricey
Newer than CBR

Tips
I suggest staying in the Cabanas or the Casitas
If you want to be in between the food court/ shopping complex and the pool then the Cabanas are for you
If you want to be in an area that has lots of atmosphere, with fountains, gardens, courtyards and great views that is very close to food/ shopping then go for Casitas, I personall would not reccomend the Ranchos as they are far away from everything in my opinion.
As for food, my family goes to Goodings (at the Crossroads just outside the Disney Gates near Downtown Disney) and we buy juices and mini muffins, pastries etc... for a quick breakfast in the moning, much better than going to the food court or trying to get breakfast in the parks

Hope this helped ya out :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter