Who on earth would stop in Bay Lake Tower?!

We live in a tiny two bedroom apartment in NYC. As a family of four, most of our stays have been in studios because we are comfortable with being in a small space. Staying in a studio has allowed us to stay for longer trips. We've stayed in a studio at BLT for 6 nights and had no issues.

Our apartment is large by NYC standards, but small compared to most square footage for a family of 4 (and we have a houseguest now). We do split stays with Swan/Dolphin (4 of us in a hotel room) to extend our stays. Easter break will be Swan + VGF studio.

Compared to the Riviera Tower rooms the BLT studios appear to be humongous!
:tongue:
We have rented and looked at apartments in Europe where the main bedroom had a full (double) size bed and then the second "bedroom" was an alcove off the living room (or the living room itself) with a pull down bed or a trundle. So they got that part of "Europe" down...

Not sure of the studio size, never stayed in one, but my wife is not fond of the modern decor. For her it doesn’t feel comfy, but most modern decor is not really comfy. Other than that, which is minor, we absolutely love BLT. the view, close proximity to MK and monorail. It is not our home resort but usually manage to get rooms there (probably because we go for theme park view and those are more points). We are deep into DVC and love the choices of resorts when we travel and depending on what we want for that vacation there is a resort to fit our needs.
I do need to say that GFV are pretty amazing. We stayed in a 1bdr for 2 weeks when it was just the wife and I (no kids or grandkids) for a peaceful time and it was amazing.

If you are not happy with your points at BLT I will swap you point for point at one of our home resorts OKW, SS, BWV or AKV :teleport:

I would love to stay in a studio at Bay Lake Towers. They look very fun to me.
Me too, I'm really looking forward to staying in one of the lake view rooms one day. I just haven't been able to arrange it yet. I think comparing it to a prison cell is a bit much, though.

We just returned from our first stay at BLT. We stayed in a 2BR. Booked a standard, but received a free surprise upgrade to a 7th floor theme park view....WOW!!!! View was amazing and nothing beat watching the fireworks from our balcony every night. Room was ginormous and 3 had 3 bathrooms. The rooms were modern, with some fun Disney touches in the artwork. Cast members were top notch.

The walkway to the Contemporary/Monorail was very convenient & we loved taking the monorail and walking to the parks. We just booked again for next year :)

Me too, I'm really looking forward to staying in one of the lake view rooms one day. I just haven't been able to arrange it yet. I think comparing it to a prison cell is a bit much, though.

I bet you would love it. The galley kitchen area is absolutely wonderful. I use it as a private area with my own mirror etc. Even though we own at BCV/Poly, it's my husband's absolutely favorite studio to stay at. I love it also. And the one bedrooms cannot be beat. Definitely try to stay at BLT. Even standard.

I see the pull for those MK views, it's just not my personal style so we've never booked there. I'd opt for VGF much quicker!

Not fun at all, generic, tiny, no Disney feel at all. Go for the contemporary hotel.

Interesting point of view. We stayed here once and had a friend who was staying at the Contemporary. She dropped by our room and said the opposite - that our room was amazing while hers at the Contemporary looked old, worn and shabby. This was just last March, too. So it's interesting to hear your opinion is so different from hers.

We're owners at BLT and love that resort as well. With all the increased competition at 7 months its difficult to book 10+ consecutive night stays without home resort advantage so we are perfectly happy staying there for the rest of our contract.

I totally get that some people don't like the décor but whenever the topic of BLT comes up there always seems to be comments of 'lack of theming/no Disney theme' I've never understood this. BLT is modeled after the Contemporary. While I've never stayed at the Contemporary the pictures look the same as BLT.

Although he died before it was finished, Walt Disney designed the Contemporary and one of the first WDW hotels built in Florida. Taken from a different website "The birth of the Contemporary Resort Hotel came from Walt’s vision for his “Progress City,” as well as the involvement of US Steel."

So by this standard, the Contemporary has the most Disney Theming as Walt themed it himself!

My husband stayed alone in a studio at Bay Lake and hated it. We have dvc points there among other resorts but I would never stay in less than a one bedroom. I do like th decor and love the two bathrooms in a one bedroom. Also the proximity to MK is definitely a bonus especially if going to the Christmas party night.

We're owners at BLT and love that resort as well. With all the increased competition at 7 months its difficult to book 10+ consecutive night stays without home resort advantage so we are perfectly happy staying there for the rest of our contract.

I totally get that some people don't like the décor but whenever the topic of BLT comes up there always seems to be comments of 'lack of theming/no Disney theme' I've never understood this. BLT is modeled after the Contemporary. While I've never stayed at the Contemporary the pictures look the same as BLT.

Although he died before it was finished, Walt Disney designed the Contemporary and one of the first WDW hotels built in Florida. Taken from a different website "The birth of the Contemporary Resort Hotel came from Walt’s vision for his “Progress City,” as well as the involvement of US Steel."

So by this standard, the Contemporary has the most Disney Theming as Walt themed it himself!

The Contemporary has gone thru it's identity crisis with room décor over the years. Around 2000? Oh, barf. They didn't know what to do for a contemporary theme and somebody decided that a 5 year old kids room was a good "Disney theme". Red, yellow - maybe some blues and blacks to represent Mickey was what was called for. But what it always had was the concept of the resort - the A frame with the monorail zipping thru it. Nothing else like it.

BLT probably had the most subtle theme of existing Disney resorts when it was built and people complained about that. It was the first one that never had the bedspreads and coordinated without the mixy matchy clash of patterns that made up the earlier resorts décor. It's positively dripping in theme now compared to the refurbs going on.

I always find these threads to be funny to read.

Good for the OP to have the ability to stay for 1 month....looking forward to those days.

I have to point out that everyone has their opinion on where they stay and their own way of written expression on how to describe it. We LOVE OKW!!! There are many that have negative things to say about OKW, but it is our favorite.
We have stayed in a studio in just about all the resorts with the exception of Hawaii. Whenever possible we stay in a 1 bedroom as we find none of the studios to our liking. One of the "worst" would have been at Vero Beach, cramped, poor view, and just not a great space. On the VB lovers there are many that love the studios. I say we are all entitled to our opinions and I appreciate both the positive and negative to help me make wise staying choices.
Have a Magical day!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter