Who Wants To Be A Millionaire CDROM from Disney Interactive

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
When Who Wants To Be A Millionaire was starting out as a hit game show for ABC Disney Interactive made the very Who Wants To Be A Millionaire CDROM game for the PC and it featured Regis Philbin as host and he was actually pretty funny in this game and the ending was so realistic when you won the virtual million dollars and based on it's success there was even a 2nd Edition and a 3rd Edition and even Sports and Kids Editions too. I remember being so addicted to this game and I won the virtual million dollars 10 times but the 2nd Edition of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire I really disliked it because it was so tough I actually would burst into tears and they made Regis Philbin such a bully in that version and ultimately I did win the virtual million dollars on it but I never played it on my computer again because the Gameboy Color version of that game was so much better. Why they made Regis a bully on that game i'll never know? But I had all the editions and still have them today
Did you ever play the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire CDROM game when it first came out?

The only thing I disliked about the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire CDROM was that the Phone-A-Friend helpers were actors and they should've used celebrity friends of Regis Philbin instead. But it would be cool to see this game done for Nintendo Switch

I managed to try winning the virtual million dollars when I first bought the third edition of the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire PC Game while on a trip to Atlanta Georgia when my dad went on a business trip and every day I tried to win the game but couldn't do it but when we returned from Georgia I finally won the virtual million dollar prize and I was so happy. But I was addicted to these games and wouldn't play anything else because this game WAS my favorite. I wonder why they never did a Meredith Veira hosted version? Because it would've been cool

It sounds like you had quite the journey with the "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" CD-ROM games! Winning the virtual million dollars 10 times in the original version must have been thrilling. It's a shame the 2nd Edition didn't live up to expectations, especially with the tough challenges and Regis being portrayed differently. It's great that you still have all the editions though, they must hold a lot of memories!
I was a Who Wants To Be A Millionaire fan since it came out when I had become a teenager at 13 and when I saw the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire CD-ROM advertised for sale I knew it had to be mine and the minute I got it I was addicted to it and played it every day but my aunt tried to play it when she visited me at my house and she had so much trouble playing I had to coach her but she got to the final question and lost and she told me that Regis was a bully and she never played again during the time she visited me and even today she still remembers playing Who Wants To Be A Millionaire with me on the computer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter