Who's going for Mardi Gras?

Doc and Family

DIS, DVC, and Disney...To Infinity and Beyond...
Happy Holidays Everyone!

We are from New Orleans and will be spending Mardi Gras in WDW. (March 2-8 or so). Will anyone be joining us there?????

Glenn, Janet, & the boys :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Merry Christmas.

We will be there, third year in a row at Mardi Gras. Great time to be there. We will be staying at OKW, how about you??

Crowds normally are not too bad.

Have a great New Year.

Hello and Happy New Year
We will be there for Mardi Gras
March 2-6 WLV
March 6-13 AKL

We will be @ BCV on 3/2 thru 3/9. Last year we went during MG and I thought the crowds were heavy to moderate but I also think last year MG was closer to President's Day.
:jester:

Hope to see everyone there.
We will be "home" at the BCV.
Last year was crowded, as Mardi Gras fell during President's week.
Happy New Year!!!!!!

My family, DH & 2 DS, from Slidell will be making our third trip during Mardi Gras. We are going home to the VWL. We love it at that time of year, as long as President's Week holidays are not at the same time.

:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

Are you folks talking about a Mardi Gras festival at WDW? If so I never realized they had one. How is it?

Hey BobH

There isn't a Mardi Gras Party at Disney, except for at Pleasure Island. We are all from Louisiana and Alabama where Mardi Gras is very important and very hectic for locals. Some parades in New Orleans can draw as many as 250,000 people.

Since local schools are out, we are all escaping Mardi Gras.

We are arriving Feb. 28 to March 7. Staying at home Boardwalk Villas. We were never here for Mardi Gras and was woundering what special events goes on and where. :jester:

Have a great Disney Day

Sandy & Ed

The last couple of years there was a nightly parade of sorts at Pleasure Island. The staging area is in the parking lot for Downtown Disney nearest the West entrance ramp to PI, and as such, the crowd gets really thick in that area of Downtown Disney when the parade enters and exits PI. Get near the parades entrance area(it will be cordoned off) a little early if you want to see it enter and exit. I hopecthey still do it, but am unsure. :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

I am, 2/28 - 3/5. Splitting between All-Star Sports for the weekend and OKW. I'll be out at Pleasure Island for sure.

Hey Bayou folks, where are you staying for Mardi Gras? We're from Slidell-we're staying at the VWL.

Hey, docand family.You don't meet to many people from
our area that are DVC members.What part of new orleans
are you from?

Originally posted by Grumpy&Goofy
Hey, docand family.You don't meet to many people from
our area that are DVC members.What part of new orleans
are you from?

Your right Grumpy&Goofy! This is the most posts from our area that I've
come across yet.:jester: :jester:

WOW! This thread is almost two years old! Well, we will be returning again this Mardi Gras, staying at Saratoga Springs for the first time. Can hardly wait. Soooo who else is coming from the New Orleans area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter