Who's Going To Stay at The Swan/Dolphin For the Cruise

We are DVC members as well, but quite honestly this deal is so good we are going to save our weekend points (which are higher than during the week) and stay at the Dolphin. We'll probably be coming in Friday night (5/8) and spending two nights there. After the cruise we'll stay 5/14 - 5/17 at the Dolphin and then depart.

We are DVC members as well, but quite honestly this deal is so good we are going to save our weekend points (which are higher than during the week) and stay at the Dolphin. We'll probably be coming in Friday night (5/8) and spending two nights there. After the cruise we'll stay 5/14 - 5/17 at the Dolphin and then depart.

Good point on the weekend points....I haven't even looked at a calendar yet to see what days of the week anything is....

As far as transportation goes, we love renting a car so we can get to port obnoxiously early.

We stayed at the Swan for 1 night back in '01 with the $99 teachers rate. We had lots of issues with the rooms and general lack of 'disney feel' at the resort. We were splitting our stay with the AKL and were used to the great CMs we encountered there. The swan felt more like any other corporate hotel we've stayed at on business trips.

Having said that, I've been intrigued by all the raves I've head about the resort on the podcasts and notice the rooms have been renovated. So we might give it another shot for a couple nights before the cruise.

That is a good point. I haven't thought about the weekends. We were planning on doing our Disney portion after the cruise. Maybe we'll have a day before

I vote that part of the post-cruise party (at least one night) be at the Adventurers' Club.

Kungaloosh!! :drinking1

Woo-Hoo great idea!!! We're in
marching along we're adventurers.....

:cool1:

We'll definitely be in for a night before and a night after (at least);)

In the podcast, Bawb (I think) mentions the dates as May 4-9, and 14-17.

Okay, I am behind on podcasts (three weeks worth to be exact!) so haven't caught the announcement yet. Is that $99 rate only good May 14-17? We were planning on staying the 14-22 post-cruise. If that's the case we'll do the Swan/Dolphin 14-17 and then switch-a-roo to a DVC resort.

Okay, I am behind on podcasts (three weeks worth to be exact!) so haven't caught the announcement yet. Is that $99 rate only good May 14-17? We were planning on staying the 14-22 post-cruise. If that's the case we'll do the Swan/Dolphin 14-17 and then switch-a-roo to a DVC resort.

BEHIND??? On PODCASTS?????

I do not understand this concept.

I think we'll end up renting a car as well. When I looked at the cost of transfers, I think we can actually save a few dollars using a private vehicle (even with parking charges at the port and Swolpin). Plus, it's going to be such a quick trip for us that I want to spend every last second I can at the parks before we head home.

Swan/Dolphin question. Which one did Pete say in a past podcast that he preferred? :confused: Anyone remember what podcast episode that was?

I think we'll end up renting a car as well. When I looked at the cost of transfers, I think we can actually save a few dollars using a private vehicle (even with parking charges at the port and Swolpin). Plus, it's going to be such a quick trip for us that I want to spend every last second I can at the parks before we head home.

You know, that's not a bad idea... That would certainly make my life a lot easier too. Anyone know how much parking at the port is?

Looks like it's $15/day for parking in an area that's gated and has 24 hr surveillance...not too bad.

Option #2 for us would be to make a reservation at one of the hotels near the port that offers free parking and a shuttle to the ship. This may actually be best as our flight gets in so late on Saturday afternoon that we really don't have time to go to WDW, so staying at a hotel there would kind of be a waste of time.

Hey everyone! I have details for you!!!

$99 per night at the Walt Disney World Dolphin
for DISUnplugged Podcast cruisers only

Available dates May 4-9 and May 14-17​

You will be required to put down one night's deposit per stay (so if you are staying before and after the cruise you need to make two deposits). The price is $99 plus tax for a total of $111.38 per night. This deposit is fully refundable up until 7 days prior.

To reserve your pre or post cruise stay, email Tracy@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com with the nights you are interested in staying. We (meaning Bawb) will set up your reservation for you and request payment of the deposit.

Looks like it's $15/day for parking in an area that's gated and has 24 hr surveillance...not too bad.

Option #2 for us would be to make a reservation at one of the hotels near the port that offers free parking and a shuttle to the ship. This may actually be best as our flight gets in so late on Saturday afternoon that we really don't have time to go to WDW, so staying at a hotel there would kind of be a waste of time.
I have option #3 -- rent a car from MCO that allows you to return it to a different location (such as the Port). Just drive the rental to the port and leave the rental car with the rental car company. You can get another rental car after the cruise from the same company (or a different one if someone else has a better rate) without having to pay for parking and a rental car while you are gone. We've done this option with success for our last two Disney cruises and plan to do it again this Oct for a Royal Caribbean cruise.

Hi "The DIS" Podcast cruisers:
John & Christy are going to stay the 4 days after at the Swan/Dolphin. Since we are driving the night before the cruise we plan to stay at the Hampton Inn at Cocoa Beach which would be a short drive to the port. The Hampton Inn because we get a free night on points. We will park at the port for about $15 per night.

For a party after the cruise how about Jelly Rolls on the Boardwalk?

Tracy doesn't Swan/Dolphin have a daily hotel add on for water,internet,
paper etc of about $10/day + tax? Also for those driving and parking at
Swan/Dolphin I believe the daily self parking is $9/day??? That could go
up by 2009?

Anyone who has any other info let me know.

We can't wait for the trip.

John from cold and snowy St. Louis. We just had about 10 inches of snow.

Stacy -- Thanks for option #3.

Gosh, I just wish we could stay longer but I'm already pushing it for my kids to be out of school a whole week. I just got our 2008/2009 calendar and of course, the next week they've got school holidays for two days. Grrrr!

John & Christy are going to stay the 4 days after at the Swan/Dolphin. Since we are driving the night before the cruise we plan to stay at the Hampton Inn at Cocoa Beach which would be a short drive to the port. The Hampton Inn because we get a free night on points. We will park at the port for about $15 per night.

Looks like the Hampton Inn will let you park for free if you want to keep your car there. They provide a shuttle service to the pier for $5 per person (sorry -- can't remember if that was one way or r/t).

For a party after the cruise how about Jelly Rolls on the Boardwalk?

Tracy doesn't Swan/Dolphin have a daily hotel add on for water,internet,
paper etc of about $10/day + tax? Also for those driving and parking at
Swan/Dolphin I believe the daily self parking is $9/day??? That could go
up by 2009?

Anyone who has any other info let me know.

We can't wait for the trip.

John from cold and snowy St. Louis. We just had about 10 inches of snow.

S/D does have a daily hotel add on for 2 bottles of water, internet, phone calls for $10 per day plus tax. The daily parking fee for registered guests is $9 per day.

I have option #3 -- rent a car from MCO that allows you to return it to a different location (such as the Port). Just drive the rental to the port and leave the rental car with the rental car company. You can get another rental car after the cruise from the same company (or a different one if someone else has a better rate) without having to pay for parking and a rental car while you are gone. We've done this option with success for our last two Disney cruises and plan to do it again this Oct for a Royal Caribbean cruise.

Transportation is the only part giving me woes!

If anyone is driving and has extra space for 2 people to/from the Port from the Dolphin, we'd be happy contribute $50 each way for a lift. :)

Or anyone interested in splitting a shuttle van? I've priced it out (the co Tracy recommended) and it's $260 for the van, return trip, fits 6 people. Works out to be $21/person/leg so seems a lot more reasonable. :thumbsup2

Post or PM me if you want to work out details :goodvibes

cheers,
:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter