Who's Gonna Have More Fun? Two PTR's for the Price of One!

Of course, it wouldn't be a party without Aerosmith!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Wow the crazy Disney dreams have started early this time!! I dreamed the other night that you and I and all the kids were on a scavenger hunt (don't know where that came from ;)) all over the monorail resorts and we came across a housing development right by the CR. Then we talked about moving there. :lmao::rotfl:

Loved all the updates on how these trips came to be!! HOW EXCITING!!!

CONGRATS ON 100 days Jo!!! YAYYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!

:cool1: :rotfl: :banana: :woohoo: :dance3: :yay: :cheer2:

YAY to Jo 100 Days!!!!!!!!!!!! you will love GF. I still have a while before I can start thinking about what resort to stay in.

Where did Bret Michaels come from??? lol Only Jo would have a dream like that...

Shelly - you are funny. Can u imagine moving closer to disney..... hmmmmmm

Of course, it wouldn't be a party without Aerosmith!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Wow the crazy Disney dreams have started early this time!! I dreamed the other night that you and I and all the kids were on a scavenger hunt (don't know where that came from ;)) all over the monorail resorts and we came across a housing development right by the CR. Then we talked about moving there. :lmao::rotfl:
Good Night, what a dream. Oooh, a scavenger hunt! FUN!!! :lmao: If there were houses near the CR I could walk to work when I drive the monorail!!!!:banana: I can't wait to see what other kinds of dreams we come up with. Long as I'm in clothes and not a robe in the dreams I'm good.:rotfl2:

CONGRATS ON 100 days Jo!!! YAYYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!

:cool1: :rotfl: :banana: :woohoo: :dance3: :yay: :cheer2:

Thanks so much!!! 100 days sounds so far away still!! :faint:

YAY to Jo 100 Days!!!!!!!!!!!! you will love GF. I still have a while before I can start thinking about what resort to stay in.

Where did Bret Michaels come from??? lol Only Jo would have a dream like that...

:lmao: Mari-- it's true- only I would dream about Bret Michaels. I'm surprised it wasn't Slash.:love:

You have awhile to think about the resort--- it will be fun to think of all the possibilities!!!!:cool1:

Thanks Jen! :goodvibes

Yes I can. ::yes:: :rotfl:

Good Night, what a dream. Oooh, a scavenger hunt! FUN!!! :lmao: If there were houses near the CR I could walk to work when I drive the monorail!!!!:banana: I can't wait to see what other kinds of dreams we come up with. Long as I'm in clothes and not a robe in the dreams I'm good.:rotfl2:

I thought you gave up the dream of driving the monorail to become the gingerbread house builder???

:laughing:

Yeah for 100 Days !!!!:banana:

:scared1:I'm sorry--- I thought it was SiriusXm on my Dish satellite but it's on the Audio channels. It's not on my radio in my car. I looked on the Sirius/XM channel lineup and they don't have it. If you have Dish though, you might can get it on one of those audio channels!
I turn it on every morning and the kids all roll their eyes.:lmao: I don't think they like waking up to some guy yelling about going to the Hokelau at 6 AM.:rotfl2:

Oh horror of horrors, I am :rotfl: and :rolleyes1. My mom had a thing for Hawaiian music and played it a lot, when she wasn't playing polkas or Andy Williams(I had nightmares of a surray with a fringe on top) But............the..........worst .........was when I had friends over and she would decide to play that hawaiian music, oh and I forgot to mention she had a ukeleli (sp) too

Wowzee!! :eek:.....that has to be a legitimate word - I played Scrabble, or Words With Friends, with my DD on her IPhone today. Did you know that xi, za, de, and li are words? No? Me either, and guess who lost. :rolleyes:

Anyway,..... wowzee, I've been away for only a day and a half and I am so far behind! "Two For the Price of One" also means "Twice as Hard to Keep Up With" :laughing:

You two are pros at getting the best deals on rooms and airfare! :thumbsup2 Seriously, y'all should have been travel agents. I know who to call for advice when I'm planning my next trip. Don't laugh, Shelly. I know you're thinking, "She's not going anywhere." Remember, I gave you my DH's number to call and help me make it happen. ;)

I think it's great how y'all have your favorite resorts but also are open to trying new places. I think it would be boring to stay at the same place over and over. To me, that's part of the fun of Disney. Especially it you go almost every year, it makes the trips a little different each time. And Shelly, I think a split stay is perfect for you this time! You get the tried and true plus the brand new! I'm so happy for both of y'all that you are staying at 2 (IMO) dream resorts - the Poly and the GF! It should be wonderful!

OT....I hope both of you and all your readers are out of harm's way with these terrible storms.

That sure was fun reliving all that with you Jo!! :goodvibes

You guys are going to have so much fun. I'm sure you will love the GF, how could you not?

I am still a little worried about the rooms being so dark at the Poly. :scared: But hey, even if they are the rest of the resort being so wonderful will make up for it! :cloud9: I am a little worried about the resort and the pool being crowded. I have heard that comment several times. I guess we will just have to make sure to enjoy the uncrowdedness (is that a word? :laughing:) of CBR on the first half off the trip! That place never seems crowded, even when it's booked solid!

Here's an idea for the pool, Shelly. The night before you want to spend some time at the Poly pool, why don't you go down and put a few towels and things on several lounge chairs. The next morning, people will know they're "saved" and you can just go down whenever you feel like it!

;) :lmao:

Forgive me, it's after midnight and I'm a little sleep-deprived. :upsidedow

Wowzee!! :eek:.....that has to be a legitimate word - I played Scrabble, or Words With Friends, with my DD on her IPhone today. Did you know that xi, za, de, and li are words? No? Me either, and guess who lost. :rolleyes:

Anyway,..... wowzee, I've been away for only a day and a half and I am so far behind! "Two For the Price of One" also means "Twice as Hard to Keep Up With" :laughing:

You two are pros at getting the best deals on rooms and airfare! :thumbsup2 Seriously, y'all should have been travel agents. I know who to call for advice when I'm planning my next trip. Don't laugh, Shelly. I know you're thinking, "She's not going anywhere." Remember, I gave you my DH's number to call and help me make it happen. ;)

I think it's great how y'all have your favorite resorts but also are open to trying new places. I think it would be boring to stay at the same place over and over. To me, that's part of the fun of Disney. Especially it you go almost every year, it makes the trips a little different each time. And Shelly, I think a split stay is perfect for you this time! You get the tried and true plus the brand new! I'm so happy for both of y'all that you are staying at 2 (IMO) dream resorts - the Poly and the GF! It should be wonderful!

OT....I hope both of you and all your readers are out of harm's way with these terrible storms.

wowzee :rotfl2:

You just better plan on keeping your behind home more often for the next 3 months if you want to keep up with us!! ::yes:: :laughing:

Yes, whenever you (or should I say your DH?;) ) are ready I will be happy to help you plan and look for deals!! :thumbsup2

I am very excited to be trying a new resort! :yay: You never know until you try something for yourself, right?! :cool1:

Here's an idea for the pool, Shelly. The night before you want to spend some time at the Poly pool, why don't you go down and put a few towels and things on several lounge chairs. The next morning, people will know they're "saved" and you can just go down whenever you feel like it!

You are so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

This is going to be awesome and definitely a good read! popcorn::

:welcome:

And of course... CONGRATS ON HAVING LESS THAN 100 DAYS TO GO YOU 2!!! :cheer2::cool1::woohoo:

Thank you so much!! :cool1:

Well before we get into talking about what we plan to do at each park I thought I'd give you a little insight into which parks are our favorites and why:

So what are our favorite parks? You might be surprised.....

MK is not the favorite park for any of us! :upsidedow

DS12 & I are thrill ride seekers. :woohoo: At least we always have been. But the older I get the more I realize that I can only take about 1-2 rides in a row of some of our favorites. I just can't seem to keep up with DS anymore, who would ride 12X in a row if I let him! :faint: Actually he did ride EE about 5X in a row last year one day when there was no wait in the single rider line! So we love things like RNRC, TOT, EE, Space, TT, and anything else that goes high and/or fast!!!!!!!!!! :banana: DHS is definitely our favorite park. We love it! Love the rides, love the atmosphere, love the shows, love Sci-Fi Dine In, love it all! :thumbsup2 Epcot is next up on our list with TT, Soarin, and exploring WS as our favorite things there. Then MK, of course we love it, everything there is so awesome and magical. pixiedust: And AK is last for us. We usually don't spend more than a few hours there. Honestly if DS didn't want to ride EE so badly we would probably skip it this summer.

DisneyNovember2009390.jpg

DisneyNovember2009389.jpg

15be3f4c.jpg

DS9 & DH on the other hand, are not thrill ride seekers in the least. :sad2: They are more of TSM, Buzz, Gran Fiesta Tour, and Soarin type of people. They also love just getting a snack and sitting on a bench and people watching while waiting for DS12 & I! :upsidedow They do get a little wild occasionally and will ride TT, BTMRR, and Barnstormer, but that's about it! :cool1: Their favorite park is Epcot, followed by MK probably, then DHS, and AK being last. As a matter of fact they have already said that they may not even go to AK with DS12 & I when we go.

DisneyNovember2009381.jpg

DisneyNovember2009824.jpg

ce4af124.jpg

Our favorite family rides are TT and Soarin. :cloud9: They are fun for us because we can all ride together and we all love them so much! So we usually make a few trips to Epcot during our stay. Actually last year we went to Epcot 4X!

3573ca8d.jpg

So there you have it -- our favorite parks and attractions at WDW!! Next up we will begin to discuss our plans for MK! :yay:

:scared1:I'm sorry--- I thought it was SiriusXm on my Dish satellite but it's on the Audio channels. It's not on my radio in my car. I looked on the Sirius/XM channel lineup and they don't have it. If you have Dish though, you might can get it on one of those audio channels!
I turn it on every morning and the kids all roll their eyes.:lmao: I don't think they like waking up to some guy yelling about going to the Hokelau at 6 AM.:rotfl2:

Drats!! We don't have satellite TV any more when we did have it, it was DirectTV. VerizonFiOS has music channels but not like satellite did. Oh well.

I wonder how many people have DHS as their favorite park? Maybe it's more than I think, but I would have thought it was behind MK and Epcot for most people. I don't why I even think that, since it does have some of my favorite attractions! I would have to put Epcot as my fav, followed by MK (but now after giving it more thought I may have MK and DHS tied for 2nd ;)) and last, agreeing with you, AK.

In my family, DH is the only one who won't even talk about thrill rides. :laughing: We talked him into RNRC last time and he still hasn't forgiven us. The only way we were able to convince him to go was that he couldn't see what he was getting into!

You need to tell your first-time readers how your daredevil DS12 first came to go on ToT!

Notice I got on here in the morning. No more falling behind for me!

Awesome favorite park rides!!! I have a little thrill in me but not where I would do them more than once LOL!!!!

YAY for TT and Soarin...aren't they great rides!! I too have found that EPCOT keeps creeping up on the list as my favorite park! I can't wait to step foot back there in 6 days WOOT WOOT!!!

Can't wait to hear more about your trips!! You guys are going to have a blast!!!

I thought you gave up the dream of driving the monorail to become the gingerbread house builder???

:laughing:

Well duh, it's the monorail uniforms that sucked me back in. Nothing screams sexy like double knit polyester.:lmao:
Besides, I'd never build anything with the gingerbread- I'd be too busy eating it.

Yeah for 100 Days !!!!:banana:

Oh horror of horrors, I am :rotfl: and :rolleyes1. My mom had a thing for Hawaiian music and played it a lot, when she wasn't playing polkas or Andy Williams(I had nightmares of a surray with a fringe on top) But............the..........worst .........was when I had friends over and she would decide to play that hawaiian music, oh and I forgot to mention she had a ukeleli (sp) too
:rotfl2:
Sorry to give you nightmares from your childhood! Did your mom play tiny bubbles on her ukelele????:rotfl2:

Wowzee?
Not wowwee??
:rotfl2:
I admit-- I stink at Scrabble. I get beaten everytime by my 12 year old.:rotfl2: I'm a Lo-Ser.

Well so - since you brought it up-- when are you gonna go back to WDW? Shelly can help convince your DH it's a good thing and find you a resort. I can keep an eye on flights for you... and then we could both fret over dining and change them 100x for you... then, all you'd have to do is show up!:lmao:

And OT--- we are all okay here! Hope you are as well!!:thumbsup2

Wait, is that bad to do? You mean we can't do that????????????:confused: There goes my strategy.:rolleyes1

This is going to be awesome and definitely a good read! popcorn::

:goodvibes Welcome!!! Glad you're here!

Shelly---

Great post on your favorite parks!

That is such a fun picture of you and your oldest at DHS--- that was a good photopass photographer. Check out the guy in the background waving.:rotfl:

I love the pic of you guys on TT... you and your oldest are all smiles in the front seat, the back seat riders don't look so enthused.
:lmao:

And I'm with ya on the not being able to ride a bunch of wild rides before stopping. I don't think I like this getting older stuff---- It hinders my good time.

A lot.

:headache:

Shelly, my daughter who is also 12 and I are a lot like you two. We LOVE to get our ride on and will ride it all! Morghan would also ride a million times in a row if you let her. We also plan to check out AK for just a few hours and then get outta there. EE is one of her favorites though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter