Who's packing what in their Owners Locker?

DISNEY FIX

DIS Veteran
We just signed up the other day!!!!! We will be filling the locker on our next stay this September.
What are you guys packing in your Owners Locker??????????
It just struck me as odd for us to be packing a Brita and toaster (for pop tarsts & bagels...). Any other oddballs out there?
Plus there might be something the studio we will be in might not have...
Thanks
Chris

I would not pack a toaster because they are in all units. Ours have usually had a bagel button, though I can't say that is true of every DVC toaster.
Here is our list. Some items are common to most lists I've seen posted by others. Some items are probably on noone else's list (e.g. Stir Crazy popcorn popper). In any event, you will think of additional things after you use it one time. Have fun!
after shave lotion
backpack
ball, beach
ball, foam floating
Band-Aids
candle
canvas bags, 2
chip clips
coffee filters and scoop
denim shirt, Bob’s
dental floss
deodorant, Jean’s
foil
graham crackers, 1 pack
gym bag
hairspray, Jean’s
ibuprofen, 1 jar
ice pack
lip balm
maps, Orlando and shopping guides
matches
mug, 1 Mickey
mugs, 2 Dixie Landings
mustard and ketchup packets
night lights, 2
pail and shovel, sand
peanuts, 1 jar
plastic bags, 4 sizes
plastic containers, 4
poncho, 1 child
popcorn salt
popcorn, 1 jar
Pringles, 1 can
q-tips
salt and pepper shakers
scissors
sewing kit
shampoo
shower cap
soap and bleach, laundry
soap, liquid peppermint
Stir Crazy
stools, 2 folding
suntan lotion
tape
tie wraps
toothbrush
toothpaste, Colgate
tube for swimming and patches
umbrella, 1 child
umbrellas, 2 folding
visor, Jean’s
wine glass, Mickey

Yes. ALL DVC units have toasters. If your unit is missing one for some reason, just call mousekeeping.

Hipp horray one less thing o clog up the OW with. I saw coffee filters on your list jekjones1558 how do you know what size or kind?
Thanks
Chris

The fluted, basket type filters, not the cone shaped ones. You will get one or two packs of coffee in filters, but after that you have to buy them at $3.00 each, so it pays to bring your own if you are a coffee drinker. We also buy coffee when we get groceries or, if I have my act together, I pre-grind a bag of designer coffee and bring it along. Packets of sugar and fake cream are provided, and if you run out you can get more for free from mousekeeping. If you use lots of sugar for cereal or pitchers of tea, etc., you will want to bring/buy it. Salt and pepper is not provided at all.

Please explain?!

Embarrassed to admit that our family is hooked on popcorn popped in a Stir Crazy popcorn popper. We like white popcorn, not yellow. We have it if we are in the villa at night and we take it to Fantasmic and Spectromagic. :rolleyes:

We just signed up the other day!!!!! We will be filling the locker on our next stay this September.
What are you guys packing in your Owners Locker??????????
It just struck me as odd for us to be packing a Brita and toaster (for pop tarsts & bagels...). Any other oddballs out there?
Plus there might be something the studio we will be in might not have...
Thanks
Chris

I would not pack a toaster because they are in all units. Ours have usually had a bagel button, though I can't say that is true of every DVC toaster.

Thank you Jean!!!!!!!!!!!
OK Toaster is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any one bring their own coffee maker it's gotta be a 10-12 cup maker with Brita filtered water.
I will also be attempting to bring a large container of International Coffee's French Vanilla stuff.:thumbsup2 #1 reason we bought a hard cover siute case.
Any help/thoughts/input is appreciated.
Chris

All units we have stayed in have had 10-12 cup coffee makers. I have heard of some units having the small 4 cup coffee makers, but just call mousekeeping to get a larger one. Bring your water filter (Orlando water is SO bad) or plan on buying water there (we get a couple of the big 2½ gallon jugs with a spigot when we go to Publix).

Thank you I went and bought paper filters and a Brita from Taget today. Anybody else packing some interesting stuff????????
Thanks
Chris

I'm sold on Owner's Locker (though my hubby is more skeptical). I'm letting the idea settle in with him before I sign up.

One of the things I plan on putting in there is foaming soap refills and 2 pumps/dispensers. 1 for the kitchen and the other for the "kids" bathroom. They make such a mess with bar soap, and the foam actually gets them to scrub their hands while singing their ABC's so they actually get clean!

I've saved a couple of empty pump dispensers here at home, and you can get refills, so that is my plan!

I have all the usual stuff in my Home-In-A-Box but I was lazy and didn't put my inventory online. Now I can't find my list :sad2: and I know I can't remember everything that's in there. Be sure to use the online inventory!

In addition to the regular stuff, I know I have a hairdryer with a diffuser, a curling iron, a good non-stick frying pan, wine stoppers and glasses. I have First Aid stuff and basic meds just in case. I also keep a swimsuit and a couple of beach towels in there along with a lovely selection of Sun Block. My crocs will spend the winter in the box because I sure won't need them up here in NH between Sept & April!

Toiletries, Laundry supplies and coffee filters are all in there I hope! It will be interesting to see what is actually there when I see it again next month! So, I repeat, USE THE ONLINE INVENTORY!

I'm sold on Owner's Locker (though my hubby is more skeptical). I'm letting the idea settle in with him before I sign up.

I'm in the same boat as you DH was like :confused3 what do we need that for? Well I've just drop discussing it with him. I just finished signing up for my own owner's locker just 10 minutes ago. I'll just tell him I used my own $ for it because I want it. Believe me I save us $$ with using the RR on SWA (we have not paid for a flight in three years) and I've save up enough Disney Rewards so we don't have to pay for any food on our next two trips. So I'm getting something I want. (Oh, wait we got DVC because I wanted it :upsidedow )

I'm in the same boat as you DH was like :confused3 what do we need that for? Well I've just drop discussing it with him. I just finished signing up for my own owner's locker just 10 minutes ago. I'll just tell him I used my own $ for it because I want it. Believe me I save us $$ with using the RR on SWA (we have not paid for a flight in three years) and I've save up enough Disney Rewards so we don't have to pay for any food on our next two trips. So I'm getting something I want. (Oh, wait we got DVC because I wanted it :upsidedow )

My husband says to tell your husband that the first time he does NOT need to go down to the gift shop (or worse, out to find an open drugstore) at midnight in search of "feminine hygiene products" :eek: he will be VERY glad you had an Owners Locker and had certain items in there "just in case". Happened to him and he is sold.:lmao:

Hey Disney Fix,
You can also find packing lists in the Community section of the OL site.

Teyedoubleguhrrrr, tell hubby you can get your money back if you all aren't convinced after trying it.
John

Hey Disney Fix,
Teyedoubleguhrrrr, tell hubby you can get your money back if you all aren't convinced after trying it.
John

Thanks, John. I think once he sees it in action he'll be convinced. This will be our first DVC trip and I think sometimes he thinks like it's still a hotel room! :lmao: :scared1:

mikesmom said:
My husband says to tell your husband that the first time he does NOT need to go down to the gift shop (or worse, out to find an open drugstore) at midnight in search of "feminine hygiene products" he will be VERY glad you had an Owners Locker and had certain items in there "just in case". Happened to him and he is sold.

I almost spit diet Coke on the monitor reading THAT one! LOL! :rotfl: :rolleyes1

kmermaid said:
I'm in the same boat as you DH was like :confused3 what do we need that for? So I'm getting something I want. (Oh, wait we got DVC because I wanted it)
Hmmmm sounds familiar in my house too! ;)

What is the smallest locker you can rent? Dh and I thought it would be handy to store our golf clubs down there at some point. Ok now that I see the size of the lockers it appears a set of golf clubs wont fit...will have to stick to renting.

Next trip down to Orlando (in October) I'm taking a terrycloth bathrobe and leaving that in the Owner's Locker. I really don't like those teeny tiny towels you get in a hotel room and need something to wrap myself in after a shower. Here at home DH and I use bathsheets and I have a terrycloth bathrobe that's not getting any use.

If you want to store golf clubs, contact John at Owner's Locker and see if he can do it for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter