Why are those that choose the Disney Dining Package treated as second class citizens?

Lalita said:
So sorry that you didn't have a good experience. I find them quite one of the more "generous" restuarants with the extras.As for the light cubes, we only got that the first visit last August, and we didn't know until she brought it out that she was giving it to us. But our last meal there was not that great, esecially those scallops were jsut :sad2: . Will you be trying it out again for your upcoming trip? I recommed Spoddles for 1TS credit, loved it there! And alot of the extras are also included like the add on shirmp and scallops and the different smoothie drinks.

Currently, we are not planning on returning to Concourse. That is not to say we never will (DH and DS loved the ribs there). There are just so many places to sample that we're going to skip it this year. Then again, I have recently started second-guessing some of my ADR's so everything is up for debate! ;) I really don't want to discourage others from going though, I was just reporting our one experience and clearly the good experiences greatly outweighed our one bad. :wave2:

Used the DDP in March for a family vacation, there were 9 of us (5 of which were kids) and we never had any troubles on the dining plan what so ever. The wait staff at every restaurant we went to was wonderful, the best was Ohana....our waitress (can't remember her name) was just the absolute best! We gave her an extra big tip on top of the 18% she was already entitled to with the DDP. Never once were we treated like 2nd class citizens! Going again in September for the free DDP, plan on eating a different restaurants and just can't wait! We love WDW! :yay:

:wave: See you all there! :banana: :banana: :banana:

We used the DDP for a trip last month and service was as good as ever.

I have noticed a few posters who seem to treat the DDP with disdain. I think that is funny. :lmao:

But that is not to say it is for everyone. In our case, we usually do TS for lunch and dinner and often breakfast as well so learning about good CS reataurants was a challenge. Others don't like to do any or few TS restaurants so it is not a good fit for those families. But it sure does offer great value and flexibility for most I think.

We have never been forced to order everything at once. Frankly, I would refuse to do so if anyone in our family wasn't ready.

Some restaurants do request ordering desserts when you order your entree if some of the desserts have longer preparation times.....like souffles. Molten lava cakes probably require time too.

aubriee said:
I went during the free dining offer last Sept and then purchased the dining plan for May. I got excellent service everywhere we went (except San Angel Inn in Epcot). At CRT we didn't get bad service exactly, but did have a waitress who was very verbal about not liking the free dining plan, as she felt people were taking advantage of it and Disney.

I'm going again Sept 22nd-30th and expect to get good service.

I wonder what the waitress considered "taking advantage of". If something is free in the first place than I wonder in what way she thought people were taking advantage of it.

Anyway we had the dining plan in december and cannot say that we were treated bad in any way. We generally had decent service everywhere by the waitstaff and they were more than happy to answer any questions I had regarding the dining plan. The only time I was less than thrilled with a waiter was at CRT on christmas night. The service itself was not bad, but the waiter just seemed like if he could be anywhere else in the world he would have been, no personality at all, he almost seemed robotic at times and I dont think the man cracked a smile once. I considered maybe he was upset that he had to work on Christmas and chalked it up to that. I can say that made the experience a little less than magical, especially where the kids were so excited to eat in cindys castle on christmas. Other than that cant complain about the rest of our servers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter