Why did Disney Destroy the Magic & Wonder?

I honestly don’t even know what you’re talking about, but you should go on an Alaskan cruise for the scenery, not the ship. We did the Wonder last May and did RC (Radiance of the Seas) 10 years before that.

The ship was great, but the destination was what I remember. I don’t think I could tell you what the staircase looked like.

I liked the double staircases too but Disney Magic is still a beautiful ship. I also agree the new chandelier is nothing special versus the work of art it was before.

Because they needed room for the Christmas and Halloween trees. There's some pretty glass art up in Palo for viewing. Otherwise, I think the Magic looks amazing for a 25+ year old ship.

This is a pretty extreme view. I can’t speak to what the ships were like originally because I’m a pretty new cruiser, but I loved the Wonder, and I very much look forward to my upcoming Magic sailing. I was never like “wow, what a dump, if only there were a double staircase and some Chihuly glass this would be a palace, but now it’s a dumpster fire” 🙄
The Magic was amazing

Every few months someone posts with complaints about how run down the Magic & Wonder are. I think they are just baiting people like me hoping for a lot of responses. I'll bite. I've already typed a long response on an earlier thread so I'll just cut and paste that here:

Just got off the NY to San Juan repositioning cruise on the Magic. The Magic is just fine. I guess it can be like looking at a prism because my assessment is that for a 25 year old ship, it is in remarkable condition. I walk deck 4 often and the inside areas on the front and back are in pristine condition. Same for the adult pool area we're always at, especially when you look up at the radar and flag structure. As always, maintenance crew were crawling all over this ship.

The peeling orange bit on the chandelier is a film put over the top part of it to match the Halloween theme. Kind of like a window cling you might use oneself as a decoration. They'd probably need a crane to fix it so I guess they hoped (wrongly) no one would notice and wait until all the Halloween things were moved. It seemed like it would be quite a task to tear that off. The lesson to be learned is, don't use those filmy things next Halloween.

I also was paying attention to the light fixtures. I must have come across thousands of them and didn't see one that was broken or not operating.

The food was great. Nothing disappointed. I guess everyone has different expectations and experiences and everyone's opinion is just as valid as mine, yours or the OP. I'm glad my experience was a great one, and hope that the next one for the OP is just as good or better.

Or. Or, they love the two ships and they want a less crowded Magic & Wonder by dissuading others from choosing them. That has to be it, right?

Or. Or, they love the two ships and they want a less crowded Magic & Wonder by dissuading others from choosing them. That has to be it, right?
I think this has to be it. Spend a lot of time online maligning the Magic and Wonder and voila, lower demand = lower pricing and lower crowds for them! 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter