• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Why do the brilliant planning ideas always come too late??

riggins

You can't always get what you want, but if you try
I've been working for months on trying to figure out how to best use my points for a big family trip in September. There will be 6 adults along with my two kids (2 and 4). Thanks to a family trip last year with DHs family, we only have 33 '05 points left. I'm not opposed to borrowing all 200 of my '06 points if necessary, but even that only gets me a total of 233 points for 6 nights. So, I booked a dedicated 2-bdrm at BCV so all the adults can have a "real" bed. I've been fretting ever since about whether we'd have enough room. Then, we went out of town this weekend with the kids and had a terrible time getting them to sleep unless we were in bed with them. So, I'm now picturing 6 nights of 4 of us piled in the king bed (I know this is normal for some families, but we'll go nuts!!!). So, while laying in bed tonight trying to fall asleep, it dawns on me that I probably have enough points for an OKW GV for Sun -Thurs and we can take advantage of the AP rate and stay somewhere else Saturday night!!! What a brilliant idea. I jump out of bed to check the point chart . . . its only 180 points . . . I can do it. Then, the reality hits me . . . its 2 1/2 months away and there's no hope of getting a GV on that kind of notice. Add to that, its 11pm on Friday night, so I'll have to wait all weekend before I can call MS and even confirm that I can't get it. Why oh why didn't I think to do this 6 months ago????

Thanks for listening! You guys are the only ones who ever seem to understand the neurotic disney planning stress I go through!! Send pixie dust for my call to MS on Monday.

Leslie

Pixie Dust!

I have absolutely no experience with this, but maybe the fact that it's for September will help you.

Bobbi :wizard:

It's not necessarily a given that there wont be a GV available. Lots of folks cancel their ressies for various reasons, so give it a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter