Why do you keep going back?

kreckl

DIS Veteran
I’m curious as to what people who return over and over love about the parks.
We are DVC members and have gone to WDW often, but for us it’s not just- or even mostly- about the parks. Don’t get me wrong, we go, but we don’t wait in long lines and the past few trips we’ve found ourselves feeling sort of btdt.
We live in New England, so going to Florida is wonderful for us. We live near an ocean, so the pool time is pretty special. We have favorite places to eat, and just love resort time.
I love the whole world feeling of Disney, and returning to favs like carousel of progress and the haunted mansion and splash mountain- we have fun.
I’m starting to want to go back, but know that we again won’t care too much if we skip some rides or shows, or if we see them. I love walking down Main Street and poking in the shops, and get excited when we go, but then when I’m in the parks....?
So wondering what people who go repeatedly, and for long days, are going for? What do you do all day and what brings you back? ( especially you commando people)

I grew up in the 70s in Florida and it became a part of my upbringing. As I've aged, it gives me a connection to my childhood as well as the state I grew up in. Most of all, I just love it.

Why moved to a game/ pic thread?
Trying to get info about what people love about their park days.

I'm a show junkie so I typically go for the shows more than the rides. BATB and Finding Nemo are shows that I see at least twice every trip and I throughly enjoy them all each time. I could literally spend all day at HS seeing all the BATB shows for the day.

I did find going that going to see characters has recently become a must do for me as well. Not seeing all of them of course, but there are certain characters that I enjoy more than others (Gaston, Fairy Godmother, Peter Pan, Chewbacca, etc...) There's something very exciting to me about seeing my favorite characters and I found myself more than a little star struck and those were my best memories of my last trip.

For me it’s seeing my hubby relax and have fun, he is in law enforcement and his job his very stressful. He is not into many rides has a few he loves but most he has no interest. My ds in our upcoming trip will be able to ride just about everything any I’ll have someone to go on rides with him cause he is fearless. That said we very rarely wait in a long line. We go just about every year to every 2 years and are dvc so we know we will be back and can always do it next time. Our upcoming trip we are planning on less park time more resort time so we can relax.

...one of the main reasons we keep going back is because my DH has Celiac, and we know that we don't have to worry about food arrangements when vacationing at WDW....also there are a couple of rides that evoke fond memories of past visits...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter