Why is it.. (media rant)

ConcKahuna

<font color=darkorchid>Corn was on sale, 10 ears f
That the news is covered with the talks of John Edwards' affair that happened 2 years ago, but there's nothing on the fact that Russia invaded Georgia during the opening ceremony of the Olympics???

I hate the US media.

That the news is covered with the talks of John Edwards' affair that happened 2 years ago, but there's nothing on the fact that Russia invaded Georgia during the opening ceremony of the Olympics???

I hate the US media.

Or that McCain "met" his current wife while he was married to wife #1! :confused3

ooohhh this has been my pet peeve........the media!!!!! I am sick of hearing about Edwards affair, and really who cares?? he lied, most politicians do.

oh and did anyone see the president talking to bob costas during the olympics last night? did anyone else feel costas was grilling him a bit too much on the china controversies??
I mean I am not a george W fan, and I hate china's history of human rights abuses too, and disagree with most of what they do, but come on, its the olympics and i felt like he really pushed the limits. like ok mention it but move on, lets talk about swimming, beach volleyball, gymnastics, what we are there for.

I hate the US media.

Don't worry, it won't last long. Plus he'll be absolved of all responsibility by his colleagues. And BTW, the affair is going on right now. It was a hotel security guard that found him half-naked in a broom closet hiding from the press that broke the story. That was 2 weeks ago. I just love how he made his wife's condition such a central point of his campaign, then turns around and treats her like this. What a stand-up guy.

And yes, npmommie, I was thinking the exact same thing about the interview. I have never been a Bob Costas fan, but the whole idea of the Olympics is to at least try to set politics aside for 2 weeks in the name of friendly competition. He has been an Olympic media mainstay and knows better. But then again, I'm not surprised at all of any biased treatment against W.

The Olympics always were intended as a time of peace, where countries, despite their differences could come to a common place, in safety and without concern to compete against each other in friendly competition.

Unfortunately the intent this year has been constantly shrouded under violence and politics.

Don't worry, it won't last long. Plus he'll be absolved of all responsibility by his colleagues. And BTW, the affair is going on right now. It was a hotel security guard that found him half-naked in a broom closet hiding from the press that broke the story. That was 2 weeks ago. I just love how he made his wife's condition such a central point of his campaign, then turns around and treats her like this. What a stand-up guy.

And yes, npmommie, I was thinking the exact same thing about the interview. I have never been a Bob Costas fan, but the whole idea of the Olympics is to at least try to set politics aside for 2 weeks in the name of friendly competition. He has been an Olympic media mainstay and knows better. But then again, I'm not surprised at all of any biased treatment against W.

I think China should keep "W" -
he's done all the "good" he can for us already-
maybe they'd like a turn. :rotfl:

"Take my president ... PLEASE!" -
Henny Youngman

Yes, I agree with you ConcKahuna! Russia's invasion of Georgia is much more important a matter than who is sleeping with whom. :headache:

The Media do nothing to further intelligence or understanding in this global society of ours.

I'm sick of seeing Georgie on the screen too. I'm tuning in to watch the Olympics not a lame duck. :confused3

No No No Conc, you've got it all wrong.

I got a very nice press release today from the Russians and they said they are stopping a genocide, not invading a country. Everything is hunky-dory, lets talk about Lindsay Lohan!

Exactly. Geez don't even get me started on that one....:sad2:

I liked Lindsay before she was an annorexic-cokehead-I'mALesbian'CauseIt'sCool.

And even though McCain's affair is slightly more valid of a point than Edwards' (since McCain is running for pres) who really cares about either?

Edwards isnt running for Pres this time, he's a political nobody for the most part. McCain is 72 years old, if he can get action at his age I'm happy for him.

Yeah, it's been downplayed real bad, I don't have a good feeling AT ALL about the Georgia-Russia thing. I don't feel like we're being told anything about it that's really happening. WHY do the Russian's want Georgia back? Why don't they recognize that Georgia is a sovereign state separate than them?

I thought I heard today that there has been an agreed upon cease fire? :confused: Not positive as I didn't hear the full report.

There was supposed to be, but I just heard today that Russia ignored the truce, and advanced tanks. Oy. Oil isn't as bad over here as it is there, they have so many taxes on the oil pipeline over there that the Ukraine can't even afford to let the oil go through their country. Either way Russia isn't one of my favorite places right now. That and Panama due to Prison Break. LOL.

I agree with pretty much all the posts above.

I just wish the affair would have come out long ago - we would have a different democratic nominee if it had . . .

And yes, I am bitter about hillary losing! :snooty:

"McCain is 72 years old, if he can get action at his age I'm happy for him."

Call me ridiculous, but I thought this was a great comment...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter