Why is trying to register for DAS so frustrating? NOTE FROM MOD: this is about OPTIONAL VIDEO DAS Registration

Morning Everyone - this is all really helpful. We did an online registration for DAS back in November and had a similar experience it seems folks are having today. We have another trip coming up in March and need to renew our DAS registration.

Are there are tricks to either maintaining an active online DAS registration or doing a renewal before the current one is expired? or is it starting from scratch each time?

DH did his yesterday and in total from start to finish was about an hour. He didn't get on until 8 AM pacific time and was done with the advanced selections by 9 AM.

Wow, that's.... something. And definitely against the policy Disney has held for DAS. Thanks for sharing.

We were never asked why at WDW either, all 4 times we went and used a DAS there. I thought it was odd. Visits were in 2011, 2012, 2016, and 2018.

We are asked at Disneyland every single time, every 60 days when we have to renew, for the last 6 years of having annual passes.

You also have to factor in the number of non US resident who are using vpnto register. That adds to the number of people requesting chat each day. Disney should know better.DAS registration without looking someone in the eye and return times without having to say it to someone? People are going to do what people are going to do. UK residents are going to circumvent the location filters and people are going to suddenly need the DAS pass. Any casual stroll through the feed of a regular Disney Facebook group will demonstrate both of those things.

We were never asked why at WDW either, all 4 times we went and used a DAS there. I thought it was odd. Visits were in 2011, 2012, 2016, and 2018.

We are asked at Disneyland every single time, every 60 days when we have to renew, for the last 6 years of having annual passes.
We have yet to make it out to WDW, so maybe that's why the shock, but we've visited a number of times as part of a DAS party and can say the same thing; always been asked.

We have yet to make it out to WDW, so maybe that's why the shock, but we've visited a number of times as part of a DAS party and can say the same thing; always been asked.

WDW doesn't seem to care. It was literally like this:

"How can I help you today?"

"We need to get a DAS."

"Okay, who needs the DAS?"

"My son, right here."

"Sure thing! I just need to take his picture. *Snap* Do you know how it works?"

"Yes, we are familiar with it."

"Great, just click here that you understand the terms and conditions. What ride do you want to start with?"

Literally every time at WDW.

We did it this morning online for my daughter and even though I was nervous, it went well. we got on at 707 am eastern and was done at 750 am and we were done with the advanced selections by 750 Am. It only took about 40 minutes.He saw that my daughter had it in the past and said she qualified.

I did the video chat this afternoon.
After clicking to agree to the terms and condition, you need to go back to the page where the video chat is started. I started the chat at 3:31pm and was transferred to the attraction selection chat at 3:43pm
I was done with choosing the DAS Advance Selections and signed out of chat at 4:08pm.

I did the video chat this afternoon.
After clicking to agree to the terms and condition, you need to go back to the page where the video chat is started. I started the chat at 3:31pm and was transferred to the attraction selection chat at 3:43pm
I was done with choosing the DAS Advance Selections and signed out of chat at 4:08pm.
Seems like they really have fixed a lot of the hold time issues for this at least.

This will be my first time going with a possible DAS (T1DM and new epilepsy/trying to find my triggers is not a fun combo). Waiting for a chat right now. I'm surprised Disney doesn't send links every 30 minutes while waiting on chat to subscribe to Disney+ to "quickly pass the time". :rolleyes1

Edit time: Okay, not even 30 minutes in line and already got logged out by the website. Going to try replying in the chat every 15 minutes to see if that keeps my session active.
I hope things worked out and your trip is great. We spent a total of 8 hours over 2 days to get to the chat but it was worth it in the parks,

We are going to WDW this October with some friends, one of whom uses DAS at Disneyland. I’ve told him about the recent challenges with the video chat thing and he said, “Forget it. I’ll just sign up in person at the park just like every other time at DL.” I really appreciate this thread…it’s been very helpful!

I hope things worked out and your trip is great. We spent a total of 8 hours over 2 days to get to the chat but it was worth it in the parks,
We ended up waiting ~30 minutes at City Hall on our fifth day at the parks for a DAS. Wish my ego wasn't as bad, or I would have gotten a DAS the first day. It would have saved us so much with how Disney was sending my blood sugars crazy (like drinking full bottles of coke to bring up lows :vomit:)

We did the online chat Saturday evening. I logged on a little after 8 pm Eastern. Total time for EVERYTHING, including the wait was 9 minutes. My husband has had the pass before but they still asked why it was needed. We explained, they took his picture, set us up for our 2 rides, done super quickly. I'm glad we did it, I was just going to sign up in person to avoid the long waits online but it was super quick. We're only there for 1 day this trip so I'm glad we don't have to waste any park time standing in line at guest services

The online registration has gotten better it only took about 20 minutes for me to be connected. Much shorter than waiting inline at Disneyland guest services.

The online registration has gotten better it only took about 20 minutes for me to be connected. Much shorter than waiting inline at Disneyland guest services.

We had to renew a DAS last Saturday. Walked into DCA at about 10:45 and had zero wait at the Guest Relations. Just walked right up to a CM and had our DAS within 2 minutes.

Also, you don't have to do it at the main guest Relations locations. Any of the in park kiosks can issue a DAS. We always just find one with no line when we need to renew.

We had to renew a DAS last Saturday. Walked into DCA at about 10:45 and had zero wait at the Guest Relations. Just walked right up to a CM and had our DAS within 2 minutes.

Also, you don't have to do it at the main guest Relations locations. Any of the in park kiosks can issue a DAS. We always just find one with no line when we need to renew.
I've never had much of a wait in person either, even on a busy HS morning it was maybe 10-15 minutes. But the online registration was really nice for the 2 advance return times and with a 9 minute hold time...I'll definitely do the online registration again in the future.

Yep - I’ve even seen people heat post that they never needed a DAS before, but that they’ll “need” it now that free FP is gone…

I posted that I had never needed it before, but it had nothing to do with the free fast pass. We purchased the genie+. My MS has progressed. However, I can see people trying to get it to "replace" the free fast pass which makes it harder on those who actually need it.

Totally same. Disneyland asks the reasons everytime I renew. At WDW, I say I need to renew it and they ask do I remember how it works? I say yes and they get it set up. My March trip to WDW starts 3/4 so I will be trying the online check this weekend.

I am looking to get a DAS for my younger son. I rather not speak about his issues directly in front of him. He is only 5 years old I know he has to be present for a video chat so I think its in his best interest not to do the video chat but what about in person how do I discreetly explain this to a cast member while he is next to me. Has anyone ever had this issue before and what is the best way to go about it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter