Wicked in Chicago meet-11/4/06

Dopeygirl said:
I've been reading occasionally too, mostly b/c I'm jealous!! Do I count? :D (Hi Kim...yes, I know I owe you an e-mail!!) I was coming ont he board tonight to look for an Atlanta meet and thought I'd finally say hello on this thread.

You know, you COULD bake some cookies and send them to us for the DIS meet. That'd help us remember you!

jfulcer said:
You know, you COULD bake some cookies
Do you really think that's a GOOD idea Jeff? For Tricia, I mean? :confused3 Her fingers, ya know. :teeth:

Jeff, if you pick up Kelly & I, I'll pay for parking AND make some cookies for you. How's that? Saves Tricia's fingers as well. :rotfl:

:wave:

:wave:
Thanks Princess Mindy for the work - - I just thought to check this thread! :blush:

Has the Walnut room changed?

Is there still a food court type area in the basement of formely known as Fields? That's a great close place to grab some food (The place formerly known as Field's that is - the walnut room, anything...)

I'm debating on getting a room and making a nice weekend of it!!

I was thinking walnut room because its nice-not too expensive, and its historical landmark which makes it cool. Its also right next door. If everyone is in let me know and I'll make a ressie. I don't think its changed-at least I hope not!

I'm not sure if this applicable to all year long, but last holiday season I tried to make a ressie there and they said they don't take them. It's first come first served. Maybe that was just for the holidays. They used to have the Walnut Room's phone number on the Field's web site. Don't know if that has changed either since the buy out?

Is there some place less formal that anyone has considered, just in case?

I called today and alas they do not take reservations beginning Nov. 1. How about the Marketplace in Fields? The one next to the Frango mints. Is that in the basement? The prices are reasonable and its a lot less stressful as far as planning goes. Everyone can get what they want and sit where they want, no reservations. What do you think?

There really aren't too many places to eat around the area that aren't fast food-most of the rest are upscale and probably not family-oriented.

I'm fine with the basement of Field's. Last time I was there they had a great Caesar salad. :thumbsup2

Is the basement eatery still there? Has anyone been there since Macy's took over?
Just trying to make sure we all don't meet somewhere that no longer exists!! :rotfl:

But the basement eatery is fine with us, they always have good food! :thumbsup2

from what I can gather it is open-there is also a food court on the 7th floor.
So lets plan on meeting in the basement of Fields (now Macy's) on State and Randolph around noon. Then we'll walk to the theatre which is very close afterwards

Sounds good to me! I did call Field's and they said the basement food court was still open.

Sweet! we'll do that then. Less work and more flexible-I like it! :)

Also, I got everyone's checks!! We are go for launch or something. I will send the tickets out to the addresses you provided on your letters probably today.

Sounds like a plan to me!! :thumbsup2

Leigh Thanks for verifying that Macy's hasn't done away with the Marketplace! :thumbsup2

Mindy Thanks for all your hard work!!! :cool1:

hi all Wicked meeters!

Just a note to say I mailed the tickets out today!! PM me or post when you get them

Princess Mindy said:
hi all Wicked meeters!

Just a note to say I mailed the tickets out today!! PM me or post when you get them
Will do! Thanks Mindy~!!!! :goodvibes :grouphug:

I'll keep an eye out! :3dglasses

2 1/2 weeks until WICKED!!!

For those of you who haven't seen it, I'm so excited for you! :banana: I know you're all going to :love: it!! ::yes::

I got our tickets today!!! Again, thanks Mindy for organizing this WICKEDly good meet!!! :teeth:

Here is a link to the theatre's seating chart for those who want to 'see' where their seats are at: Ford Theatre

Hey guys!!! Just back from the Motherland!!! Low and behold-WICKED tickets in the mail. Thanks Mindy. See you all there. DD is really looking forward to it. As am I.
Had a great (busy) trip, by the way. :thumbsup2

I got my ticket today, too! Thanks Mindy! :cool1:

Can't wait to meet everyone (and see some again)! :goodvibes

RECEIVED TODAY TOO, MINDY!!! THANKS! :cool1: :thumbsup2

Bunchkin said:
Here is a link to the theatre's seating chart for those who want to 'see' where their seats are at: Ford Theatre
Thanks Nicole! Kelly & I have aisle seats! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter