Wife has Ophidiophobia, places to avoid?

I have the same phobia. None of the fake snakes in the parks really affect me. Most are fake looking and far away enough. Even the giant one at Indiana Jones in Disneyland and DisneySea isn’t so bad. The two that would get to me are both gone: Honey, I Shrunk the Audience and the Great Movie Ride.

As for real ones, the one on the Gorilla Falls trail are pretty easily avoided. As others said, the entrance faces the exit so in one door and out the other. I’ve felt uncomfortable at Rafiki’s before when the cast members have a snake out, but you can step outside to the petting zoo area. They usually stand in the middle of the room and most of the displays are around the room so it’s pretty avoidable and usually so many other guests surround it that you can’t see it unless you get close. Just don’t stand by the door when they are bringing it in or out. Rafiki’s is pretty cool and I would not want to miss it. I’ve never eaten at the Rainforest Cafe in AK or DS, but I know many locations in the chain do have snakes they bring out, but in my experience only in the gift shop. I ask not to be seated by the animatronic snake.

In my many years going to Disney parks, I’ve only encountered 1 wild snake. We saw one on one of the backstage trails when we did the Wild Africa Trek at AK. The guides saw it first and warned us. I got super tense and was almost about to run the other way, but when I saw how small it was, I relaxed. We kind of waited for it because it was just hanging out in the middle of the path and eventually it moved on. In all honesty I was kind of glad it was there since it made our trek unique, but I wish they hadn’t taken pictures of it since they were included in our photo package.

I had one come straight down the sidewalk toward me at FW and he wasn't going to yield so I had to cross the street. It was very embarrassing. :o

Well it's nice to know what I have....
but i cant watch any on tv and such......I am cautious out at Disney...but i want a villa with inside hallways...for the most part

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter