Wifey's Gang Trip Report Updated post 71(we're in a Parade)

wifey

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone :wave2: we are back and we had a brilliant time:thumbsup2
DH has been organising the photos and I've been catching up with a bit of essential ironing etc. so where to start mmm.. let's see.

Wed 20th June
P6200001.jpg
We travelled down on the train to Manchester Airport and spent a noisy (thanks neighbours :mad:) night in our hotel room at Bewleys.
The room itself was well worth the money the room was very clean and all the bed linen was fresh and crisp. we hardly heard the planes with the windows shut.
There was a computer in the lobby which we used to check in online.
The restaurant was busy, we had taken snacks which we ate in the room, so we can't comment on the food there, the bathroom was easily big enough and there was hand/face wash and shampoo/shower gel in the bathroom too.
Check out was quick and the shuttle service (both ways) was excellent.

Thursday 21st June

Check-in at the Virgin desk was very easy too they had staff asking questions about what you were taking in the form of liquids and once we were cleared we were given tags for our hand luggage. Then we were allowed through and we had breakfast at the food court, the sandwiches were filling,DS managed to spill Cola all down his front:sad2: From the
food court we made our way through land side and had a look in some of the shops DS bought a couple of comics to read on the plane. After that we walked throughto the gates and watched the planes landing and taking off. The security was very good although the air near the smoking area (which is in a perspex walled room) was awful. There should have been air filters there it stinks. we watched "Ladybird" land and Ds asked if that was our plane we told him we we not sure and followed it down to the gate. It turned out it was for our flight but it was 12.20pm,we were due to leave at 1.30pm. After about half an hour they finally announced that they would start boarding soon and could people with strollers please hand them in at the gate to the staff. This went on for over 20 mins very boring for everyone still sat there and eventually they ended up calling for 4 families by name to hand in their strollers. Some of them claimed not to have heard the announcements:confused3 How I'm not sure even out parents could hear them when we rang to say we'd got there without any problems I guess there will always be some like this:headache: Once everyone had boarded,(oh we got the seats we picked both ways) it was raining outside,we had to wait 20 mins for a slot for take off and then we were away so we took off at 2.15pm
The flight itself was great until the selfish idiot in front of me started to prat about with his seat constantly. He refused to put the seat back into the upright position during the meal so I ended up with my meal at my chest:eek: not a single member of the cabin crew even noticed:confused3 Not content with that he reclined it further, when I went to get my pen out of my bag, crushing my head in the process I yelped in pain and DH had a real go at him for being such a selfish idiot and for not considering others or at least looking first before he made his move. That gave me a nasty headache for the next couple of hours. The in-flight entertainment was good
P6210003.jpg
but trust Ds to get the control which had a stuck button .. oh well.. never mind.
Once we landed (5.15pm)it was very simple to get through OIA and we found the Customs and Immigration Staff friendly and efficient. Then on to the Virgin desk where we picked up our vouchers and directions to the transport to the hotel. Well bless me it was Disney's Magical Express waiting for us and after about 30 mins we were on our way to the hotel.The driver played Disney cartoons on the entertainment system on the bus for the kids.
We were the second family to be dropped off and it took about 10 mins for CM Jenni to check us in. Our room number was 2953 in Mighty Ducks and we asked if there were any rooms available in Dalmatians so she checked for us but they were fully booked. So off we went and found the room on the top floor looking out on the front if the building with woodland in front of us, where we heard lots of birds and crickets throughout our stay and not forgetting all of the rabbits we saw around WDW. One of the mouse keeping
staff left a mickey made of towels and face cloths on the bed and in the window they left a "birds nest" complete with birds so cute.
P6220004.jpg
We had a meal on the food court and got 3 of the new mugs (which we made the most of during our stay) and we relaxed for a while and sent DS to bed by 9.30pm and we turned in around an hour later.

Photo's are coming soon we promise, along with more TRs. Next up June 21st Star Wars weekend!

Thanks-can't wait to read the rest.I had never heard of virgins LADYBIRD plane.And the seating is a different colour to babarella and Jersy girl.

welcome back
great report keep them coming
are you not jet lagged

Hello again, just got Sunday lunch in the oven ...mm roast lamb
We are not too badly affected with jet lag this time going either way it may be because we took the Jet Ease on the way out and half way back.
We didn't get much sleep on the way home a very boring idiot would not shut up until about an hour before we landed, then he fell asleep just as the cabin lights came on and we were served breakfast, we think he had been drinking a lot of alcohol on the plane.
Anyway back to business.

Friday 22nd June MGM and a Star Wars Weekend

we were all up by 6 am and showered and eaten our breakfast bars by 7 am. then caught the bus to the park and were at the front gates before 8 am.It was an EMH morning and everyone needed to show their resort guest ID before they would let us into the park. There was also some queues for guests to join if they wanted to get autographs from the special guest stars for the Star Wars weekend. So once we got through the turnstiles we were off straight to the Speeder bike for a photo of DS. Then straight on to the Star Tours ride with no queue!! It's a family favourite and we enjoyed it, then out into the Tatooine Traders shop where DH and DS bought a few items and were quickly served by the staff. I should let you know that DH was wearing a "Happy Birthday" badge and throughout the day he kept count of how many people wished him happy birthday.
Jim Henson's Muppets in 3D was next and we were first in the queue again, no cast member at the front so we looked about and Ds found the key under the mat we only waited about 5 mins for a CM to "open up" and then went through to enjoy the show which was great all the effects were working. After a quick restroom break we walked up the street to where the Star Wars events were happening. It was heaving with people but very well organised , however it could have been much quicker for folks who wanted photos of the Star Wars characters if people only took photos and not wanted several autographs from one character at a time. We saw one family hold up a line for what seemed like 10 mins by doing this. Ds waited his turn for Darth Vader
P6220013.jpg
for about half an hour that's a long time in line in the heat I think it was 32 deg C and not much shade to be had. Then we had a quick look in Jabba's Hut and then off to One Man's Dream and then off to ABC Commissary for lunch by 11 am. We walked around taking in the atmosphere and took a couple more photos of the characters as they walked by and decided to get ice cream for DS. the line for the Indiana Jones stunt show was long but we managed to get in but had to stand at the back of the theatre. It's another great show and makes us appreciate the role of the stunt men that bit more.
Next up was a new experience for us this trip we saw the Beauty and the Beast show, the warm up act before the show were so funny and down to earth it made the wait enjoyable in the heat. The show itself was very good for a condensed version of the tale and we heard some families declare it was miles better than the Broadway musical version they had seen.
By then it was getting close to dinner time so we browsed a few shops and i found a lovely Eeyore watch so I treated myself to it. The off to 50's Prime Time mmm we checked in 15 mins early as suggested and were seated just after our ADR time of 5.55pm
P6220109.jpg
The place was busy the staff shouted for "the smith kids dinner's ready" etc when the seated families at the tables.
We had "Cousin Sarah" she was a hoot (she kept telling DH off for putting his elbows on the table) we made our order DH had the pot roast I had the chargrilled pork and Ds had the kids chicken strips meal. She told us "mom" would get right on it and took our drinks order. Then she noticed that DH and Erica the girl at the next table were both celebrating their birthdays. She told all the diners that the day was special as it was a double celebration and asked at what time they were born. Erica was born earlier than DH so she exclaimed they were twins and gave us cards to sign and swap and they both got a free birthday cupcake with "Mickey" sprinkles
P6220108.jpg
later on. DH got told off for putting his elbows on the table again and "Sara" told him to stand against the door frame and hold a sachet of sugar there with his nose for 2 mins and asked everyone to pint at him and say "shame shame shame" to him before she would let him sit back down. All in all a fantastic atmosphere we split a dessert of "Dad's sundae" after "Sara" declared that we inhaled our dinner because the was nothing left on the plates so you can bet it was delicious.
It was about 7.45 pm when we left and slowly walked to the theatre for the Fantasmic show where you really do need to get your seat an hour before the show. There were lots of Brazilian and Mexican groups in the audience who were trying to entertain the crowd in their own way having daft dancing in the seats competitions and attempting to get everyone doing the mexican wave. DS didn't understand what was going on and said they were giving him a headache. So we explained what and why they were doing it. e wa ok after that. The show was amazing and very cleverly done we loved it Ds was so impressed that he actually bought a Fantasmic pin !
P6220129.jpg
the show it was bedlam trying to get back out to the bus the exit route went a long way around the park and lots of people were in a rush and the bus was very busy, folks were standing and some were sitting on the floor of the bus in the dark. It didn't seem like a good idea to me but it's their choice, we were lucky enough to get seats and soon back at the room and had hot chocolate drinks before turning in.
Total of "Happy Birthdays" was 17 not bad the CMS were friendly for the most part. Next up Epcot.

loving the reports - Fantasmic is awesome isn't it?:love:

More more more.......pleaaaaasssssseeee :)

Yes Carol I was very impressed:thumbsup2 We waited until DS was old enough to appreciate the show before we watched it so we've been waiting a while for it:love: I liked the effects more than the one of Davy Jones in the refurbed Pirates of the Caribbean ride (sad I know):rotfl2: Although I still think the version of Pirates at DLRP is better. There are a few 'firsts' on this trip so keep reading our TRs:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hi where did you buy the jetlage tablets - did you get them at the airport?

Great report by the way

Well here we go again gang:thumbsup2

Day 2 Saturday 23rd June Epcot

DH was up early and jumped in the shower and went out to the food court for our cups of tea, we were soon up too and grabbed some breakfast bars after a quick shower. We were soon downstairs and caught the Epcot bus which was not very busy and we chatted with another family who were on their first trip.
Once we reached the park and had the bags checked and entered we went straight on Spaceship Earth which was supposed to be closed for a refurb but we didn't complain it's another favourite of ours. From there we headed over to The Seas with Nemo and Friends which was another first for us! All we could say was WOW that was so much better than the way it used to be in Living Seas and way more fun.
P6230134.jpg

We also did the figment ride and Honey I shrunk the Audience Show We had lunch at the Garden Grill where we had seconds of the steak and the catfish.. mmmm.. yummy the potatoes however were way too cheesy and I like cheese:goodvibes Ds had the kids chicken strips meal which came with the decorate your own cup cake. He wasn't impressed.
P6230145.jpg

After lunch we headed to Test Track for fast passes the standby line was shut:confused3 Ticket time was between 6 and 7 pm so we went to Ellen's Universe of Energy which wasn't full. We had some time to kill so we decided to walk around the World Showcase. You guessed it another first for us the boat ride in Mexico, it is a great ride now and a wonderful improvement on the old one. Then off to Norway but the boat ride there had broken down not to worry we walked across to China and saw the Terracotta Warriors exhibit and kept walking. Have you ever noticed in the parks how the sun always shines on your left side when you walk around? I didn't think about it until my left arm started to itch and come up in heat rash, so more sunscreen was applied regularly. After walking through the Trading Post DS had a go on the drums we went in to Morrocco and a family asked DH if he'd take their picture so he agreed and then they took ours. Don't know why but no-one else seems able to take pictures properly with it but us.
P6230158.jpg

Headed to the American Adventure but it was closed for a private party so we kept going the Rose and Crown had no-one sat outside but they did have an outdoor beer stall. Someone should tell the staff at the Yorkshire Fish and Chip shop they need to change the oil more often, we could smell it from France and it was very unpleasant. Then we went back to TT and waited about 15 mins to ride but always worth it and walked back to Canada to see the Illuminations fireworks where a very kind man gave DS a better spot to see them from while he video taped the whole thing standing behind our DS. The fireworks have changed a bit since we last watched them but still a great show. By 9.30 pm it was all over and we made our way back to the bus stop where we eventually got the bus back to our hotel and another night cap of hot chocolate.

Total of "Happy Birthdays" from CMS only 6!

For those of you asking about the Jet Ease tablets we purchased them on line from The Garden Pharmacy their web site address was http://www.garden.co.uk
price was £6.50 plus £3.95 p+p for shipping (recorded delivery 2-5 days) so total of £10.45.

Are you sitting comfortably ??
Here we go...

Day 3 Sunday 24th June Magic Kingdom

Happy Birthday DH! We woke up a bit later this morning so we had a later start to the day but we were out for the bus by 9.45am. The bus didn't arrive 'til about 10.15 am we think it may have had something to do with scheduling the buses for the large touring groups I mentioned on Day 1. They were staying in the other Mighty Ducks building and in both Love Bug buildings too.
They didn't cause us any problems most of them were teens on a school summer camp type trip. They were well organised by the staff who accompanied them.
Once we got in we didn't pick up a map just the show times sheet and headed of to Tomorrow Land. We could see moderate queues everywhere so we got in line for Stitch while DH got fast passes for Buzz. Strangely the Laugh Floor was closed. When we exited from Stitch's great escape we.went on the TTA it's DS's favourite thing along with Buzz. By the time we got back off it was our time slot for Buzz which was great as always. As we left we notice that the Laugh Floor was open so we went in and really enjoyed it. It was another first for us and we liked it so much we did it again on another day.
Before we realised it it was lunch time so we grabbed a filling meal at Cosmic Ray's cafe and then made our way to the hub and waited in front of the castle for the 1pm show "Dream along with Mickey".
P6240166.jpg
It was a really hot day and everyone was melting but the show was excellent it gave me a lump in my throat.
Next stop was Adventure Land for Pirates and the Swiss Family tree house another one DS had to do again. We noticed the crowds were building up and went to Jungle Cruise for FPs and then off to Tom Sawyer's Island, there was new CMs earning there ears everywhere that day including on the rafts one wished DH a Happy Birthday, but to my horror no "Aunt Polly's" only vending machines for soda:scared1: what else will they get rid of? So we walked over to the fort and the boys had fun with the rifles shooting at the train and river boat. Then we headed back across to Frontier Land and managed to miss the parade (yep on purpose)and back to JC it seems to have had a refurb. We seemed to walk about a lot when I think about it next was Aladdin's carpet ride and then FPs for BTMRR. We browsed the shops until our time slot opened again when who do we see but that same CM from the raft who wished DH a second "Happy Birthday":thumbsup2

We decided to skip some old favourites due to the long queues 70-90 mins and went into PhilharMagic instead. We love that show but the noise can scare younger kids. When we left it was raining outside but to us it was just a shower and off we went on our way out to the monorail picking up a toy for DS on the way. It was close to 5 pm so we went over to the Poly and checked in to O'hana.

The staff were friendly and prompt, they gave us a window seat and as we ate we watched across the lake.
P6240191.jpg
The starters soon came DS got a coke and a chicken strip meal big enough for an adult. DH had a Bud Select and I had a "Sunken Treasure" very nice:thumbsup2 the salad was fine but we didn't like the peel and eat shrimp. The veggies were awesome delicious fresh and crispy and seasoned just right the meats were nice but for me the flank steak was a little too pink. The sausages were awful, but the dessert was lovely very filling and the sauce complimented the base well and the ice cream gave a nice contrast.
The in-house entertainer was not the least bit creepy he kept the kids amused with coconut races and limbo dancing, he didn't forget the adults he helped them celebrate up coming weddings and anniversaries and birthdays and handed out garlands of flowers, he even taught those who wanted to learn how to do a traditional dance (slowly).

By the time we were done we headed back to the park and caught the bus back to the hotel, actually it was quicker to get the bus to Music and walk across to the building we were in, and had a quiet night and turned in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter