Wifi and mobile data tips

Buzz18

lost my first account
hey

i have a few questions in regards to wifi and mobile date.

Never been a fan on using my mobile while on holiday but it feels now with online fast passes and booking meals etc it seems hard not to avoid this.

so whats the wifi like in the park? i used it in Disneyland Paris and didn't think it was that great.

i have looked at my sky mobile and they want to charge me £5 per day to use my uk data which is shocking imo.

so do you guys have any tips?

The WiFi is ok in most areas... for some reason last year it kept constantly kicking me out when I moved off the spot, but was fine on my boyfriends phone (we both have iPhones do not sure what the problem was for me) It was good enough to get by on, as long as I didn’t move much when using it!

This is my fourth year running using it and it’s not so bad that I would be tempted to pay a fiver a day!

I agree with @deno - I moved to Three when we went on a West Coast trip a couple of years ago, because we wanted to use Google maps and search for stuff on the go. I was also with Vodafone but didn't want to pay the amount they wanted to use data abroad. I have a PAYG phone so just got a free SIM from Three and just switched it out for the time we were there. But I was honestly so impressed I switched permanently and transferred my number over. I am still PAYG but I top up £10 a month and it gives me plenty of data, minutes and texts to last me. I like the fact that I can call home from the US or call other UK mobiles using my minutes for no extra. The only downside is that I have to add extra credit so I can text and phone my US friends as you can't do that within the allowance. But calls to the US or US mobiles only cost me 1p a minute, which is amazing.

I used an old iPhone 6 without a SIM card in it on the Disney WiFi for our 3 week trip last December without any problem at all. I am the main planner and used it to check ADRs and fps and wait times and make 4th and 5th fastpasses for the 14 of us with ease

I like the 3 PAYG idea I have a old iPhone 6 and I’ll see how I can get 02 to unlock it

Thanks for these tips. We are hiring a car and we’re looking at buying a sat nav to take with us but buying a SIM card and using Google maps would be much less hassle. I’ll look into the three payg sim. Thank you :)

I agree - it feels like you have to take it with you now for fastpass and reservations. That said we always turn all notifications off and move everything off the home screen apart from MDE and camera to avoid the temptation to check mail/web etc. when in lines.

My old phone has now been unlocked so just need to order my sim, think I’ll go with the three one.

I don’t go till September so should I wait till then or order it now?

3 is perfect for the job.

Just make sure you force the network to be AT&T. It seems to default to T-Mobile, which is terrible in the Orlando area.

Never had a problem with either the resort or park Wifi coverage, when we have been there.
We turned 3G / 4G on & off on our phones as & when we required it when we were offsite.

Thank you, it's great advice getting a 3 PAYG sim card. I'm not bothered about using the internet much, but I'll probably use Uber a bit, so I'd need to be able to use my phone for that. I've looked up the prices with BT that I'm with, and they charge £5 per MB :scared:

If it’s for Google Maps, remember you can download maps for offline use before leaving home.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter