Wilderness Lodge vs. Port Orleans French Quarter

I had this same dilemma...I was torn between WL, POFQ, or POR Royal Room. We ended up going with WL as I just really wanted DH and DS to experience a deluxe Disney resort, and I wanted to be close to MK as we plan on going there twice and the rest of the parks just once.

I had this same dilemma...I was torn between WL, POFQ, or POR Royal Room. We ended up going with WL as I just really wanted DH and DS to experience a deluxe Disney resort, and I wanted to be close to MK as we plan on going there twice and the rest of the parks just once.
Por ( preferred) is a fav mod of mine but agree WL is just lovely. Just think that entire “royal” room ( we got a free upgrade) was soooo far away, I think it was a Great Marketing for disney to get $$$ for a far away room. Would not recommend that to anyone.
The room itself was fun/cutesy but not worth the cost nor a good location.
Hope ur visit is/was awesome.

My heart would lean toward WL, and been there during Christmas makes it even more magical. Both resorts are great but that would be my pick. :love:

I'm going to join in on the unanimity on Wilderness Lodge. While we have not stayed at Port Orleans, we stayed at WL last April for our daughter's 4th birthday and our son was 5 1/2. It was great. My wife raves about the boat - it has been her favorite mode of transportation out of any we've done so far. We stayed at Poly the trip prior, and the boat to MK was nicer than taking the monorail. I think the last day ended up being the only time we waited for a boat for more than a few minutes the entire time.

The bus to Epcot was kind of crappy - one day we waited over 30 minutes for it to come, then it also stops at Fort Wilderness, which is a surprisingly long drive considering it's the next resort over (had no idea how huge it is). If I remember correctly, Animal Kingdom shares with Contemporary - same with Hollywood Studios, so I don't remember that being that bad.

Given the kids' young ages, we are still Magic Kingdom-centric (and to some degree, may always be), so it's great being so close with the dedicated short boat ride over.

We will actually also be there the same week as you! (knock on wood- don't like stating anything for sure that far out). We recently bought into DVC with Copper Creek as our home resort (that's how much we loved WL), and we will have that booked from Sunday-Sunday that time (I believe it falls as 11/28 - 12/5).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter