Will Disney make a Figment movie in the future?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
With the return of the Figment character to Epcot last year and the popularity of Figment merchandise selling at ShopDisney is it possible that Disney will make an animated Figment movie in the future? I think a Figment movie would be amazing to watch and I can tell you if a movie about Figment were to be made it would be a !!! GIANT !!! hit especially for Journey To Imagination fans and Figment fans everywhere

I love Figment however, I don’t think you can say it will be a GIANT hit in this day when they are cranking out movies with terrible storylines. What would you propose the storyline be? What about Dream Finder? Shouldn’t he be key to it?

I would like to see something like that, maybe for Disney+ or maybe even a 4D enhanced short film for the old Magic Eye Theater in Epcot. They did a comic book a while back and it did have Dreamfinder, but also ties to the current ride, like references to Medfield College. It could certianly be fun.

With the return of the Figment character to Epcot last year and the popularity of Figment merchandise selling at ShopDisney is it possible that Disney will make an animated Figment movie in the future? I think a Figment movie would be amazing to watch and I can tell you if a movie about Figment were to be made it would be a !!! GIANT !!! hit especially for Journey To Imagination fans and Figment fans everywhere
The Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise movies didn't do well, and waaaayyy more people know about those rides than about Journey Into Imagination. He's only at WDW, right? I know he isn't at DL and I'm pretty sure he isn't at any of the overseas parks. Very limited exposure.

I love Figment myself, but I can't see how a movie about him would pull in many viewers.

The Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise movies didn't do well, and waaaayyy more people know about those rides than about Journey Into Imagination. He's only at WDW, right? I know he isn't at DL and I'm pretty sure he isn't at any of the overseas parks. Very limited exposure.

I love Figment myself, but I can't see how a movie about him would pull in many viewers.

That's why I thought something smaller scale for D+ or even just for the parks. I feel like that has a better shot of working.

The way I see how Disney could make a movie based on Figment is starting off with the first half of the movie with Dreamfinder being in live-action when suddenly something happens and suddenly Dreamfinder is somehow turned into an animated character and that's when he meets Figment who takes Dreamfinder on a journey through his imagination and somehow discovers the key to make Dreamfinder human again and it would be a marvelous movie. For an actor who can play Dreamfinder I would go with Pedro Pascal and he would be great in this movie if it was made

Wasn't it previously reported that Disney would be producing a Figment movie with Seth Rogen attached?

I recall seeing this story reported quite a bit a year or so ago but nothing since. I wonder if they decided not to move forward, or if it was really just a rumour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter