• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Will Disney Start Excercising Right of First Refusal?

Disney Adventurer

Mouseketeer
There has been much speculation on the sell out date for VWL and presale for BCV, it looks like they will only be a couple of months apart at best, but what about when BCV sell out, it appears there may be a longer lag between BCV sell out and VEP sales. During that time do you think Disney will start excercising their right of first refusal more often? It might help Disney in several ways.

1) It gives them inventory to sell, I know there will not be
enough inventory to satisfy all the buyers, but it gives
them something.
2) It gives the sales force and accounting/finance etc.
something to do.
3) It can artificially raises the resale price which in turn makes
for an easy lead in for a price increase when VEP finally
go on sale.

Just food for thought (and as always, comments and opinions) !

I'm not sure if they will or they won't, but I don't think they would do it for the reasons you have outlined simply because I don't they could buy enough points to keep the sales staff busy. Also, with the resale market going through the roof, I am not sure that they will be willing to pay the price that would be required. Pure speculation, but that is my opinion (today!).

"Right of first refusal" means that if the DVC thinks that someone is selling their points for too low of a price, they have the first option to buy them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter