Will dogs be allowed at a DVC resort??

Sent an e-mail to DVC...last week we witnessed dogs everywhere where they were not supposed to be .. on the BoardWalk, in the BoardWalk bakery. In the parks...have been visiting the world for more than 20 years...have not seen anything like this. A couple of new posters here seem to NOT be DVC owners. I've got nearly $100,000 tied up in DVC, plus dues. I encourage all DVC owners to contact DVC ...this is so unbelievable.

Yes, I figured the Yacht club trial would affect Beach Club and Boardwalk guests as well.

And as for the bakery, if I'd seen that I'd be finding out if that is a health code violation and reporting it to the health department.

...last week we witnessed dogs everywhere where they were not supposed to be .. on the BoardWalk, in the BoardWalk bakery. In the parks....

We were also there last week and I guess you and I were in different places. I saw a few dogs that appeared to be legitimate Service Dogs, but that’s all. This week we had one at Kidani who also seemed “legitimate”. But didn’t the new pet policy at Yacht Club go into effect last week? If so, I wonder how long before Fido poops on the Boardwalk.

As a previous thread appears to have been deleted... Some basic info for DVC owners. Be sure to read your "Declaration of Condominium" - a part of your executed DVC Contract.

If you have LOST this? Member Services appears happy to send you a new copy :). My wife and I received one today :).

Now, while MANY "Declaration of Condominium" documents are SIMILAR, they do not have to be identical. You should examine YOUR "Declaration of Condominium" for the contract YOU signed. It may very well be different than OUR Contract.

Ours was for the VWL (now BRV), at the Wilderness Lodge. In the case of OUR Contract, Section 12.9: "No pets. All pets are prohibited. No pets of any type are allowed on Condominium Property."

Scan enclosed....

Attachments

• VWLNOPETS.jpg
    VWLNOPETS.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 11
The other thread was not deleted, it was merged into this thread. The posts are all still here, in this thread, but were merged by time/date. No need to have multiple threads at this point since Dogs at DVC is still just speculation.

We were also there last week and I guess you and I were in different places. I saw a few dogs that appeared to be legitimate Service Dogs, but that’s all. This week we had one at Kidani who also seemed “legitimate”. But didn’t the new pet policy at Yacht Club go into effect last week? If so, I wonder how long before Fido poops on the Boardwalk.

We had a BoardWalk View room. My favorite spot in the morning and evening is our deck, watching the activity on the lake and boardwalk.

There also seems to be some kind of campaign to rope people into debating things like doggie vests and real or not real service animals. Don't take the bait....it ends up getting threads closed down. I'm really interested in people's experiences with the trial policy. Dogs may not be allowed at DVC at the moment, but the trial run is most definitely affecting these resorts.

As a previous thread appears to have been deleted... Some basic info for DVC owners. Be sure to read your "Declaration of Condominium" - a part of your executed DVC Contract.

If you have LOST this? Member Services appears happy to send you a new copy :). My wife and I received one today :).

Now, while MANY "Declaration of Condominium" documents are SIMILAR, they do not have to be identical. You should examine YOUR "Declaration of Condominium" for the contract YOU signed. It may very well be different than OUR Contract.

Ours was for the VWL (now BRV), at the Wilderness Lodge. In the case of OUR Contract, Section 12.9: "No pets. All pets are prohibited. No pets of any type are allowed on Condominium Property."

Scan enclosed....
Thanks for this!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter