Will I be able to get 4th, 5th + fastpasses after 3 or 4pm at MK on a heavier crowd day?

Getting additional FPs seems to be the easiest at MK.
Even on busy days, we have been able to get a FP for every ride except 7DMT is very hit or miss, mainly miss.
As noted before, just keep refreshing. Grab a FP for the ride you want, even if its the wrong time and keep modifying.

I was there over Thanksgiving and we got TONS of good FP'S later in the day after using 3. You have to refresh A LOT, but new things would pop up when doing so. I also had luck making a FP and then modifying it, and would get something better.

I don't agree with the above responses. I was there over Thanksgiving and was unable to get additional fast passes. Everyone makes it sound like it is so easy, but I have had little success.

Same here. We were just there this past weekend. Friends had been telling me for months how awesome FP was and how easily you could grab additional selections after you use your initial ones.

And that wasn't our experience AT ALL.

We stayed on site and I'd say our initial FP selections we solid, but for the most part the only same day selections we were allowed to make were for attractions with no standby lines anyways.

Same here. We were just there this past weekend. Friends had been telling me for months how awesome FP was and how easily you could grab additional selections after you use your initial ones.

And that wasn't our experience AT ALL.

We stayed on site and I'd say our initial FP selections we solid, but for the most part the only same day selections we were allowed to make were for attractions with no standby lines anyways.

ok very discouraging

ok very discouraging

Honestly I would drink as little of the Kool Aid as possible. It will help you set expectations accordingly and probably make your trip more enjoyable.

I took the bait hook, line and sinker and expected an experience similar to what I'd had twenty years ago. But apparently the new normal is wall to wall crowds even off peak.

And the constant refrain of 'plan plan plan' only works to a certain extent to mitigate the crowd issues.

We still had fun here and there but it's definitely a grind.

My main advice would be to fast pass the main attractions even if you don't know if you'll want to ride them. You might change your mind when you get there and the dregs of the attractions will always be available even via standby.

I'll try to remember to check in between Christmas and New Years but I just took a look right now and had no problems finding FP's for 3 people for all the top rides in 10 minutes including FOP, SDD, & 7DMT most for within a couple of hours (except 7DMT but I was a bit lenient with that one since it's a party day and there are less times floating around). It does take some refreshing and larger groups will be more difficult but FP's can be found even for top attractions.

* Space Ranger Spin
* IASW
* HM
* Barnstormer (2x)
* PotC
* Magic Carpets
* Under the Sea
* Meet Ariel
* Meet Tinker Bell
* Pooh
* Mad Tea Party
* Speedway
* There was also a FP for PP available, but we didn't take it. And we got to do PhilharMagic, Laugh Floor, Shooting Arcade, Swiss Family Treehouse, Move It Shake It, plus dinner and dessert later. We also could have easily gotten in line for 7DMT at the end of the night but we ran out of steam. So yes, it's definitely possible to get a bunch of same-day FP even on a busy day. Just refresh, grab, modify (either move up what you have or find something else that's sooner). As soon as I scan into one ride, I start looking for another until it's time to board. Rinse. Repeat.

I think this is a reasonable expectation for people to be able to do pretty easily with persistence. If people Who haven’t spent time refreshing before expect this level of success you may be really happy. You may be able to do much better. You may be able to get all the headliners like some of the people here have success doing. If so, thank the Disney gods and enjoy it. But not everyone has that level of success. Don’t set your expectations that that will work for you that easily. Expect less and you’ll be happy if you get more.

I can refresh for half an hour and not get BTMR Space or 7DMT at a reasonable time. I have lucked into rides like that at a great time on occasion and I always try for them but I also limit my refresh time to 15 mins to avoid having my nose in my phone. I just don’t count on being able to get major Headliners in my planning.

Number of people searching for also has a lot to do with it. I know many people suggest splitting their groups but for families with small kids or families who prefer to stick together, not ideal. I assume the posters saying you can get any headliner are searching for party if 1. I don’t have that kind of luck for a family of 4 on a crowd level 9 or 10 day, very unlikely to get headliners, even if I tried for hours while kids were napping. L

Number of people searching for also has a lot to do with it. I know many people suggest splitting their groups but for families with small kids or families who prefer to stick together, not ideal. I assume the posters saying you can get any headliner are searching for party if 1. I don’t have that kind of luck for a family of 4 on a crowd level 9 or 10 day, very unlikely to get headliners, even if I tried for hours while kids were napping. L

I regularly do it with a party of 3. We did a trip with 7 and I was still able to get same day SDD and night before FOP along with the other rides day of. I often would look for 4 first and then find 3 to overlap when looking for any of the more difficult ones to find.

If you’re going at a time when there are no standby lines at secondary attractions, well, that’s amazing to begin with! :)

I find I have good luck refreshing at MK, but not so much at the other parks. If you are looking for headliners like BTM, SM, PP and Splash, pick a secondary attraction and just keep refreshing. It doesn’t always come easily or quickly, but it’s possible to get a headliner. I’ve never had luck getting Seven Dwarfs.

We were just there on Thanksgiving Friday. We didn't get to MK until about 4pm. We had Space, BTMR, and Splash as our advanced FP+. First FP window was from 3:45pm-4:45pm, and we left the park at around 11:15pm. We were able to get FP+ for the following after our first three:

* Space Ranger Spin
* IASW
* HM
* Barnstormer (2x)
* PotC
* Magic Carpets
* Under the Sea
* Meet Ariel
* Meet Tinker Bell
* Pooh
* Mad Tea Party
* Speedway
* There was also a FP for PP available, but we didn't take it. And we got to do PhilharMagic, Laugh Floor, Shooting Arcade, Swiss Family Treehouse, Move It Shake It, plus dinner and dessert later. We also could have easily gotten in line for 7DMT at the end of the night but we ran out of steam. So yes, it's definitely possible to get a bunch of same-day FP even on a busy day. Just refresh, grab, modify (either move up what you have or find something else that's sooner). As soon as I scan into one ride, I start looking for another until it's time to board. Rinse. Repeat.

How big was your party?

I don't agree with the above responses. I was there over Thanksgiving and was unable to get additional fast passes. Everyone makes it sound like it is so easy, but I have had little success.
Same here. I kept checking throughout the day and the only ones that ever were available was Pooh, Philharmagic, TeaCups, under the sea, carpets etc. definitely none of the major rides.

Keep in mind they’ve changed the app and now it’s harder to modify. You have to change the time or the ride, but not both at once.

Lots of great answers here, definitely agree with most of them - if you're not TOO picky and don't want to try only the most popular ones - absolutely. It also highly depends on the weather too, some may be just too crowded on a sunny day!

I was at MK on Monday on the 16th of Dec and the selection was awful. Ended up just fast passing Haunted Mansion at 10PM at night as everything was at 3 or 4PM.

So, I took a look around 4:00 yesterday being a Saturday, non-party night (Touring Plans put it at an 8 for reference). Here are a few that I found for 3 people. 7DMT I didn't bother trying to move up and I wouldn't have been happy with that if I were there but just showing that even 7DMT can be found later in the day.

Screenshot_20191221-160019_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20191221-160314_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20191221-160331_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20191221-160456_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20191221-160612_Samsung Internet.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter