Will I EVER finish a full TR? - June 2023 PTR (Updated 6/13)

11 days until Disney
Another day closer to our trip! We had another quiet day again today in terms of Disney prepping.
I went with my mom and aunt to see the new Little Mermaid - we loved it! I really enjoyed the new songs and appreciate that they stuck closely to the original storyline.
Tyler and I went on a walk this evening to keep rebuilding my strength after surgery. We've also decided to watch one Disney movie each day up until we leave! Last night our choice was Peter Pan and tonight we're watching Lilo and Stitch.
Tyler just has 1 more day of work and then we'll be able to fully begin prepping for the trip!

10 days until Disney
Yesterday made 10 days until Disney! Today we're down into the single digits. Yesterday was Tyler's last day of school and we got to officially start summer break for the both of us. We made a trip to Walmart, watched One Day at Disney, and our new Disney puzzle arrived in the mail. I also continued chipping away at the huge pile of classwork I have to do before we leave and started making a preliminary packing list. We also priced out estimated costs of our table service meals, though I do still need to see where we may be able to get a discount with our Disney Visa. We spent the evening working on our puzzle (2000 pieces!) and watched the Muppet Movie. Our goal is to have the puzzle finished by the time we leave for our trip- we'll see how that goes!

9 days until Disney
We've made it down to single digits! Yesterday was the first day I've felt truly productive since having my surgery. I spent the morning working on my classes and attending a work meeting. I got a bunch of meal prepping done so I hopefully won't have to cook too much more before our trip. In the afternoon, Tyler and I worked on organizing and sorting out which of my pins I'll be bringing and trading in the parks. In the evening, we took another walk with our dog and watched Princess and the Frog as our movie. We made minimal puzzle progress - it's too large of a puzzle for our normal coffee table / puzzle board, so we'll need to move it if we want to keep working on it. Todays goal is to finish a significant chunk of the schoolwork I have left!

8 days until Disney
Getting closer and closer! Today we worked on our large Pixar puzzle and spent the day relaxing. It was a rainy day so nothing productive other than schoolwork and a bit of light housekeeping. I've made our packing lists and soon we'll be ready to start getting it all together!

hey:dogdance:

Just returning from a DISboards hiatus and so happy to see you and Tyler with more Disney trips (and one coming up so soon!) I am extremely out of the loop on social media rn and was unaware you were getting surgery, but I'm very happy to hear that it went smoothly and that you're healing up well and ready for an amazing trip!

I am extremely jealous of the plans you have for this trip!!! My family went to Biergarten for the first time a few months ago and it's our new favorite Epcot restaurant, so a night full of Biergarten strudel and Simple Plan is my dream come true. Steakhouse 71 is another favorite of mine and you'll have to tell us how Roundup Rodeo is!!!

hey:dogdance:

Just returning from a DISboards hiatus and so happy to see you and Tyler with more Disney trips (and one coming up so soon!) I am extremely out of the loop on social media rn and was unaware you were getting surgery, but I'm very happy to hear that it went smoothly and that you're healing up well and ready for an amazing trip!

I am extremely jealous of the plans you have for this trip!!! My family went to Biergarten for the first time a few months ago and it's our new favorite Epcot restaurant, so a night full of Biergarten strudel and Simple Plan is my dream come true. Steakhouse 71 is another favorite of mine and you'll have to tell us how Roundup Rodeo is!!!
Hey! Thank you <3 We're SO excited for Simple Plan and Biergarten! We just saw Blink182 on their tour and now we're on a little concert kick so can't wait!

7 days until Disney
We're officially less than a week out! Yesterday I did some more schoolwork, we went hiking, and spent the evening at our favorite brewery where we got married last fall. No big Disney updates yet, still just slowly chipping away at my to-do list for classes and testing the waters for what I can handle after surgery.

6 days until Disney
We're less than a week away! Today we continued working on housework, classwork, and planning our packing/shopping lists for the trip. Our Disney movies of choice were Princess Diaries 2 and Pinocchio!

5 days until Disney
Today we tackled our Walmart trip to buy all the smaller toiletries and park essentials! I also got my lashes done and a facial to get my skin prepped for the Florida sun. We had a productive day and chose Coco for our Disney movie this evening. Getting excited!

4 days until Disney
Another productive day in our house! We took care of a few errands this morning around town, I got my nails done, and we did a bit of book shopping at a local used book store. Packing has officially begun with us working on some laundry and packing up the few items we got at Walmart. I had a phone consult with my doctor yesterday and got official confirmation that I am permitted on all rides/pools, but need to be careful and pause if I feel like I'm overdoing it. Tyler ordered himself a new park backpack on Amazon that should be arriving tomorrow and I spent today breaking in my new Tevas for the park. Tonight we're watching Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers and finishing up the laundry!

3 days until Disney
Yesterday was a busy day of prep and relaxing for the trip! We worked on packing our toiletries and most of Tyler's things and finalized our list of items we still need to buy and/or find somewhere in the house. We made another Kohls and Target run for a few of the items we're certain we don't have and we watched Remember the Titans. In the evening, we went to a local brewery to play trivia with Tyler's parents and had a great time! Today our goal is to finish up the packing and find those last few things we're needing.

2 days until Disney
I'm officially finished with my packing and my classwork! I wrapped up my classwork this morning and finished packing this afternoon, minus those few last minute items I'll carry in my backpack. It's a challenge to keep my backpack under 10 pounds per my lifting restriction, but I put in mostly clothes/blankets so it should be lightweight enough for me. We're celebrating our packing accomplishments with Inside Out and Soul this evening! We do use EarlyBird check in via Southwest so we won't need to check in early tomorrow morning, it will be automatically done for us. Fingers crossed for the A boarding group!

1 day until Disney!
It's here!! We're Disney bound in the AM (a few hours)! Today we finished our final preparations. We spent the evening with Tyler's family - his sister and our youngest nephew are visiting from across the country and we were so glad to see them. We got a baby yoda birthday cake for Tyler, picked crabs, and just had a wonderful evening relaxing and visiting with family. This is where I'll leave the PTR, next update to come as the start of the official trip report!

August bonus!
I can't believe I did in fact actually finish the TR for this trip. I'm super proud of myself for finishing it in a timely manner while also taking 3 classes this summer and prepping to teach a different grade level this year.

We leave in just 6 days for our next Disney adventure, so here's a mini PTR for that.

Who?: Myself, Tyler, my aunt, and my 17yo cousin. I'm excited to visit with my aunt and cousin - I travelled often with them to Disney especially when I was in college. My cousin is an only child and wanted company when he was younger, which I was always more than happy to oblige.
Where?: Pop Century, preferred room. A long time favorite for all of us!
When?: August 10-14th
The Plans:
10th- arrive around 8:30am on our flight, head to Pop Century with hopes of an early check-in. We'll spend the day in the pool, Steakhouse71 dinner reservations, and then likely head over to the Poly or Disney Springs
11th- Sleep in, pool time, Boathouse reservations for later lunch/early dinner, and then we go to MNSSHP!
12th- Park reservations at Studios with an Oga's Cantina res around lunchtime, Yak and Yeti dinner reservations so will park hop to DAK for the evening
13th- Park reservations at Epcot with Via Napoli for lunch unless we just decide to fill up at F&W, will park hop to either MK or Studios

14th- Homecomin' for lunch with an evening flight home

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter