"Will it ever come?" Pre-trip (well just!) report

catkin

Mouseketeer
My first ever pre-trip report!:cheer2:
We've been twice before in 2002 (SL) and 2007 (HNY) but am new to the boards since then.

The Cast

Me (45 - for a few more weeks) DH (43) DS1 (16) DS2 (14) DS3 (11)

The Trip - 5 nights/6 days at HNY plus a pre trip stopover at HI Ashford.

We booked the trip in January when the 30%off sale was on, so it seems to have taken forever to arrive! We were originally planning to go to Cornwall this summer but when the dates for all the Scout camps came out we realised we didn't have any Saturday-Saturday weeks left except right at the end of the holidays and no-one wants to go on holiday then do they?:rolleyes1 So we started looking at going abroad in one of the other holidays however DS1 was taking his GCSE's this year (very good thank you, 11 of them and a double BTEC) and we didn't want to risk getting caught in an ash cloud and not being able to get back. Well we could always go back to DLP I pointed out to a dubious DH :angel: so here we are 7 months later poised to go - tomorrow!:dance3:

We'll be travelling along to Ashford at a leisurely pace having fed the guinea pigs and spruced up the house (well, hoovered the floor) ready for M-in-law. The plan is to eat somewhere in Ashford, the battle is still on as to where.

Sunday morning we'll be on the direct Eurostar and straight to HNY to check in and drop bags, I had really wanted to do the Steakhouse Sunday brunch but unless check in is super fast I think we'll be too late to take full advantage of it so I've booked Agrabah for an early tea so we can try and do the parades and then hopefully some rides when it's quieter.

We'll head into Paris on one of the days and probably along to Auchan and we definitely need to visit Salon Mickey - it would be rude not to as my card arrived at the beginning of the week! The children don't know about this or the shareholder discounts yet, well you've got to keep some things secret haven't you?

Mealwise we've also booked Cafe Mickey for Monday lunchtime and Cape Cod for the evening (bit dubious about this as although we really enjoyed the food here DS3 had an allergic reaction to something last time, at least then it was our last night, hasn't had a reaction since, so fingers crossed)
We also have plans for Parkside diner (after the glowing reviews by Ms Poppins) Walts and probably Inventions lunch the last 1 we'll slot in somewhere. Oh and have to try EOS they look so scrummy!

Look out for us if you're there at the same time as us I'll be the greying haired one being tripped over by an excited 11 year old and looking like I'm being flanked by bodyguards, in reality they are apparently DS1&2 but that's what it always feels like. DS1 passed the 6ft mark last year and I don't think it will be any more than a year before DS2 catches him up, at (nearly) 5ft6" I'm not short but I feel like it when I'm with them - anyone unfortunate enough to be behind us at a buffet will see why they're so tall (not fat, just tall)
Here's hoping the weather is kind to us and that I do actually remember to take all the right bits of paper with me - despite being a passionate list maker I live in fear of forgetting something important.
Have agreat time everyone else that's going and I'll write more next week.

Au revoir!

Sounds great :thumbsup2

Hope you all have a wonderful time :goodvibes

Hope you're having a great trip - can't wait to hear all about it! :goodvibes

Well we're back and boy what a trip! Brilliant weather, amazing staff etc etc will post highs and lows soon but thanks for all the tips/info that helped make our trip so great.
Now back to my glass!

Good weather + amazing staff is always nice. I'm looking forward to the report :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter