Will My Family Be Split Up? Nwa

tsapen

Earning My Ears
HELP! I NEED SOME RE-ASSURANCE! I PURCHASED MY AIRLINE TICKETS THROUGH PRICELINE FOR OUR FAMILY OF 6---MOM, DAD, 11 YR.OLD SON, 8 Y.O. DAUGHTER, AND 5 Y.O. TWIN DAUGHTERS. WE WERE ASSIGNED NORTHWEST FLIGHTS---BWI TO DETROIT TO ORLANDO--REVERSE ON THE WAY HOME. WHEN I CALLED NORTHWEST TO ORDER THE KIDS "KIDS MEALS" THE LADY SAID "SURE" UNTIL MY RESERVATION CAME UP! "OH, YOU'RE PRICELINE, MA'AM, I CAN'T DO THAT!" AFTER I INQUIRED ABOUT SEAT ASSIGNMENTS--AGAIN THE RESPONSE WAS "SORRY--YOU'RE PRICELINE."
THE ONLY RE-ASSURANCE I RECEIVED WAS THAT THE TICKET AGENT AT THE GATE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP. I'M NOT ASKING FOR 6 SEATS TOGETHER, 3 AND 3 WOULD BE FINE. DO YOU THINK EVERYONE ON THE PLANE HAS SEAT ASSIGNMENTS EXCEPT US? HOW EARLY SHOULD WE ARRIVE AT THE TICKET COUNTER? ANOTHER PROBLEM, PRICELINE BUYS ALL ADULT SEATS---SO NO ONE THERE REALLY KNOWS WHAT SORT OF CLAN WE ARE COMING WITH. WE ARE LEAVING JULY 2---BUT I'LL HAVE A STOMACH ULCER UNTIL THEN WORRYING THAT MY KIDS WILL SCATTERED. ANY RE-ASSURANCE OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS!

Arrive at the airport early (at least 90 minutes in advance) and I doubt you'll have a problem. One thing to remember is that the flights you get through Priceline are the airlines least popular flights ... that's why they're giving them to Priceline, so chances are it shouldn't be too full (though they can be). If you can't get seats together, just get the best seats possible, and I'm sure the folks on the plane will work with you to accomodate you. Just offer to take the less desirable seats (the only time I've ever denied a request to move was when some teenage girl and her friend were pouting about "boy troubles" and they asked me to trade my window bulkhead seat for a middle seat way in back ... that's just rude to even ask and try and make me feel bad for saying no).

As the previous poster said, get there early!. Many people do not have seat assignments before they arrive the the aiport. I would suggest going to nwa.com, look for the section on special service, punch in your flight number and find out what type of plan you have and check out the seat diagrams.

We were on a fully booked NWA flight to Orlando out of Mpls. with many kids on board. Much seat rearrangements were done by the attendants after all were boarded. If your not happy with your seats after board the plane, let the attendant know. They are usually accommodating.

THANKS FOR YOUR REASSURANCE! WE ARE SO EXCITED ABOUT THE TRIP---BUT I DIDN'T WANT ANY OF THE CHILDREN TO HAVE AN IDEA THAT WE MAY NOT BE ALL TOGETHER. THEY ARE WORRIERS TOO---AND MAYBE ALL WILL TURN OUT GREAT! THANKS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter