Will the new banking rules RUIN your DVC?

With a December use year, I think we are ok. Most likely we will travel in May for about three years until our youngest enters high school, then switch to Mardi Gras week (February). High schools here get the entire Mardi Gras week off, grammer schools only two days. I am past the point now of yanking kids out of school for a trip although I did it when she was in kindergarten through fourth grade.

I think it unlikely we will go again in July/August, too dang hot.

September is not the best month for a short trip due to hurricane issues both at home and in Florida; however, this year I am going on September 8th for the Race for the cure in Orlando. If I return during September I'll opt for cash AP rates.

Ultimately (in about 7 years;) when we no longer are constrained by the school year I want to travel in early December to take advantage of the low point requirements, wonderful weather, and hopefully lower park crowds. One of our trips was during Thanksgiving, and I loved seeing the Christmas decorations. I prefer being at home with the family for that holiday, so I think early December will be perfect, except for not being able to swim (not a biggie for me.)

By accident we ended up with a December use year (resale). I think that use year ended up being the best choice for us for both the near term and long term future. It was blind luck and maybe a touch of pixie dust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter