Will the new state department warning affect your Europe summer vacation?

You know, I have had this conversation today with a few folks: Is going overseas any more dangerous than traveling the US? I think not, though I know some who insist that Europe is far more dangerous. Those people are in denial I think.

We get news coverage from all over the world and I hear far more stories about acts of violence coming out of the US than I do out of Europe. It seems like every week I'm hearing stories about an act of violence coming out of a different state, last week it was an active shooter on the UCLA campus, this week it's a massacre in Orlando.

Europe's population is 190 million, the U.S. 340 million. If you look at the last few mass shootings than you have to take the political correct glasses off and call it what it was......

Note: I teach in CA and we have active shooter training... I think I am in just as much danger at work.

There was a shooting at the university where I used to work. It's one of the reasons why I left. I have to say, it's definitely shaped my opinions on situations like these.

Just got back from a week in London. Thought about not going, but so glad I went. Been there many, many times and this time was just as fantastic as it always is. I think it's important to be vigilant, but as many have said, you can't stop living because of fear. And if you let fear stop you from living than the bad guys win, whoever they may be. And honestly, while there, you'd never know they are under a terror alert. Life was going on as usual. As the British so aptly put it...Keep Calm and Carry On. And enjoy your vacation! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter