Will the Poly be a half experience?

Well, in that case, if I was the original poster, I would totally either postpone My trip or book someplace else for the first trip. We want to try Riviera sometime!

I was supposed to be in a studio in January and as soon as she got the release about it, my TA contacted me and we switched (eventually to a Tower Studio at Riviera - works because I'm solo) because she knew staying there has been a dream and she didn't want it to be a partial experience.

We did book me for July 19-24 in a TPV room based on figuring worst-case they may still be working inside one of the longhouses. But I've definitely got my fingers crossed since it's for my 50th birthday. (I have said if I absolutely LOVE Riviera in January that would be the only reason I'll voluntarily change!)

I am going in January, and I plan to keep the Poly for 8 nights. We are going to be looking a real estate this trip, planning to buy a condo on this trip. While I love Trader Sam's and all the great things that will be closed, I am looking forward to this stay anyway, I just like the grounds and wandering around. We will be doing parks for a few days, but I think we will be fine with the limited things? As long as we can still walk over to the Grand, and walk to the TTC for the monorail if we choose, I think we will be fine. We drive most places. I will miss the fireworks the most! Is the Electrical Water parade still running?
I don't think it will be the best trip of my life, but I'll take it! I really like having the separate shower room, that makes us for a lot to me. It might be a good memory, staying when the hotel part is closed!
Did you go? How was your stay? If it was the first time to Poly, would you do it again? We are interested in staying there for the first time in a few weeks... I'm wondering if it would be too much for my 22 mo old to get to MK a few days from there, or if we should just go with BLT.

Just got back! It was a once in a lifetime I think, because there was such small crowds! No lines at the Pineapple Lanai, always chairs on the beach. The walkway to MK is great! For a 22 month old, maybe too long, but if you have a stroller, it's very peaceful. Probably 2 miles? Since everything closes early, it was just great to come home to a resort with so few people. We did a lot of working, so I would go out to the quiet pool at 8 and work at a table with just me and the ducks! In a pandemic, this just seems to be a great place to go. If you are at all uncomfortable with boats or monorails, the walking path is a great option. The stores are open, quiet pool is open from 7 am to 11 pm and the main pools is open 10-10. There are movies outside at night, socially distanced.
Go for it! Even for a first timer. The only thing missing is the luau, Trader's Sam's, Ohana, and fireworks, but we watched the Water pageant every night.

Just got back! It was a once in a lifetime I think, because there was such small crowds! No lines at the Pineapple Lanai, always chairs on the beach. The walkway to MK is great! For a 22 month old, maybe too long, but if you have a stroller, it's very peaceful. Probably 2 miles? Since everything closes early, it was just great to come home to a resort with so few people. We did a lot of working, so I would go out to the quiet pool at 8 and work at a table with just me and the ducks! In a pandemic, this just seems to be a great place to go. If you are at all uncomfortable with boats or monorails, the walking path is a great option. The stores are open, quiet pool is open from 7 am to 11 pm and the main pools is open 10-10. There are movies outside at night, socially distanced.
Go for it! Even for a first timer. The only thing missing is the luau, Trader's Sam's, Ohana, and fireworks, but we watched the Water pageant every night.
Hi, do you mind saying which building / room you were in and if you would recommend? We are going in April and trying to decide best room request for Poly villa. Thanks!

Hi, do you mind saying which building / room you were in and if you would recommend? We are going in April and trying to decide best room request for Poly villa. Thanks!
I can recommend Moorea 3022 as stayed in this studio last month . attached are views from room

tempImage3a3ULq.png

tempImageua7FyV.png

tempImageiw7CZ0.png

Ive been searching for Poly Villas very recent trip experiences. We have never stayed at Poly before (or any Disney resort for that matter, its our first family trip with our 7 year old son). We rescheduled our September 2020 trip to the last week of April 2021. I originally had chosen Wilderness Lodge after obsessing over which resort to stay at for months, this was before Covid came around, and WL was the top end of our budget. When WL ended up closing long term, I called and was thrilled to receive what I considered an upgrade, a price-protected standard view Poly Villa. Afterwards, construction/refurbishment were announced. Now I waver back and forth constantly on what to do. I really love Polys proximity to MK & the views & the “vibe”, obviously just from online research. I love heavy Disney theming which lead me to WL in the first place. It seems like we COULD still stay at Poly & enjoy ourselves from some reviews Ive read, but this thread is strongly making me question staying there. I dont have anything to compare it to, and for my family, if Poly was quieter bc of construction we would probably appreciate that. Never been to Ohana, so dont know what Im missing there. Besides Poly, Im not sure where I would love for us to stay. I liked the look of the WL regular rooms better than the 2 DVC options they have there, CCV & BRV. I like the atmosphere of being close to the water, having a boat to MK. Really torn about keeping Poly or moving... and where to move if we do...

Really torn about keeping Poly or moving... and where to move if we do...
Don't get caught up in trying to find the perfect place. If you look hard enough, you can always find some reason not to stay at any particular resort. But, there are many reasons why you might like any particular one too.

Instead, I try to think about what would be a really good place to stay. If something is a deal-breaker, that's a reason to take something off your list. But, if you have more than one resort left after pruning the set, just pick one and enjoy it.

Wow with the reviews feeling kind of ugh. My family will be their March 29th - April 2nd

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter