Will this plan work?

mommy2allyandaveri

DIS Veteran
Would like to do a few days in SD next June.

Plan to get down there around 1 on Friday, doing WAP for the rest of the day, is this enough time?

Zoo on Sat

Sea World on Sun

Drive up to DL on Sunday after Sea World.

Would you suggest a different order? I'm kinda worried about the heat at the WAP...

With that plan, where would you stay?

If you plan on getting the WAP at 1, and they are on summer hours, you shouldn't have a problem, if they are still closing at 5, you will. The WAP is always warm during the summer, but there is a decent amount of shade. They also usually have misters going. Stay hydrated and it is bearable.
I think your order is probably fine, I do think the Zoo would be slightly less crowded on Sunday, but that goes for SW as well. Just plan out which shows you would like to see and get there a little early (SW) they you won't be disappointed.
As far as where you stay... personal choice. I would stay somewhere inbetween SW and the Zoo, the WAP is about 50 minutes from the zoo.

When in June? If summer night hours have started, you will have a lot more time at the WAP.

Again, depending upon when in June, the weather will vary, although coming from Sacramento, I do not think you will find it too hot. :goodvibes

Once I know your time frame, I can advise you better.

We are thinking mid-june, now thinking we may go down on Thursday, spend some time at the beach, do WAP on Fri morning then fri afternoon at the beach. Sound good?

I'd really like to stay in Coronado but seems pretty pricey, do you guys have any recommendations? Maybe near another beach that isn't to far from Sea World and the Zoo?

Thanks

Hi...we plan on going in July of next year as well. I've done a ton of research for San Diego and am caught between staying on Mission Bay or the gaslamp district.

The Dana, Hyatt Regency at Mission Bay and Pacific Terrace are my top three choices for that area. My only problem is that I plan on going to the zoo, spending time downtown, going to a Padres game, and possibly La Jolla as well.

For Seaworld and La Jolla Mission Bay seems a good fit, but for downtown..it would be better for me to be in that area. We plan on renting a car so the drive to SW or La Jolla would be ok. For Downtown, I've looked at the Mariott and the Hilton.

All of the hotels I've mentioned are around $200 per night without any discounts, etc. Keep in mind, I'm going over 4th of July though.

Let me know how your planning goes...I'm interested.

We are thinking mid-june, now thinking we may go down on Thursday, spend some time at the beach, do WAP on Fri morning then fri afternoon at the beach. Sound good?

I'd really like to stay in Coronado but seems pretty pricey, do you guys have any recommendations? Maybe near another beach that isn't to far from Sea World and the Zoo?

Thanks

This sounds like a good plan. The later summer hours at the WAP start sometime around the 3rd week of June, so this way you wouldn't have to worry if they haven't started yet. Plus, normal weather in June has overcast mornings, so if you didn't hit the beach till the afternoon, it should be clear by then.

While Coronado is great, it is pricey, like you have discovered, plus is not near the other places you wish to visit while in San Diego. I would definitely look in the Mission Bay area - it is relatively central for all your plans. If you do a search on this forum, there have been other threads with specific recommendations (I've not stayed in a hotel here, lol.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter