Will we be able to just go to one event?

dcedwards

DIS Veteran
I know last year that you weren't selling "single" tickets for any of the events. I did go to one small meet at Magic Kingdom and it was fun. I travel with my family each year when DISCON takes place but have several "obligations" and am not able to attend the "full event package." I would love to be able to just go to one function. Since you were talking about the nightmare last year with registration, I can understand why you wouldn't want to do this. But I would thought I would just mention it. You just never know.

Good question. It hasn't been announced yet how they're going to sell the events....packaged or single. I look forward to hearing more about this. Which event did you do last year? Did I meet you? :confused:

Tia

Hi and welcome, dcedwards!. I really don't know if they are going to sell individual event tickets. So far, I haven't heard anything about single event tickets.

The only things that we know is that the registration will open in or around June.

And that the registration will require a $100.00, non-refundable deposit. Pete said that this would help him to determine would was really serious about going to DIS-CON-II, and I guess this will help with him not lose money after making commitments to WDW.

But the nice thing is that the registration will be left open, instead of being restricted to a certain time.

Several months ago I started a list of those that will be visiting WDW during the time of DIS-CON-II at WDW, whether or not they participate last year.

Last year, we didn't have a list of the official attendees either and I felt sorta bad about not meeting everyone. This year, maybe I can meet DISers like you, too, although,I can be a bit shy.

And we had a lot of unofficial DIS mini-meets, before and after the official DIS-CON-II.

So although my list of DISers visiting WDW is very, UNofficial and the DIS mini-meets are unofficial; at least, I have a place to go look and see who is going to be there, when, staying where, etc.

When times come to go, I was going to choose the printer friendly form below and print this out to take with me to WDW.

Maybe this will help you, too.

I sure would like to meet you, too.

Ray :)

Ya know I'm not sure. Isn't that terrible. I did the meet at MK during the last parade for Mickey's very Merry Christmas Party on Nov. 29. I met princess angel, Beth and a couple other people, can't remember who now. My memory just isn't what it used to be. But, I would have liked to have gone to the illuminations get together or the breakfast or something like that. I might even be able to talk my hubby and son into going to one of those. I'm hoping they will sell single tickets but Linda last year said it would just be a nightmare -- and I can understand that having done convention planning before -- but one can always dream.

Lol, Tia! We must have been posting at the same time.

I wanted to ask that question, too, because I can never remember names.

I think that my favorite single event last year was the Illuminations Party on the French Island.

This year, I sure would like to see the Magic Kingdom's Spectromagic night parade and the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks with DIS friends and the Castle in the background.

I just noticed that that someone added colors to my "DIS Friends for Life" and added "Dreaming of WDW". They got me pretty good...hahaha. I like it. Thank you, whoever did it.

Ray :)

Ray, the tag fairies got you. They're who are changing everyone's titles by adding colors and adding little phrases. Isn't it pretty? I love all the different colors. :D
dcedwards, I doubt, too, that they will offer individual event tickets. But, as Ray said, keep an eye on this board. When we start planning the itinerary, you'll see lots of mini meets show up that won't require buying an event package. Pete said that he is concentrating more on the mini meets this year, so there will be plenty of meets for you to come to. Looking forward to meeting you. :D

I think the best thing to do is to wait and see what Pete comes up with for this years DisCon events...rather than speculating here, but I do think that we would like to make it relatively easy by not breaking up the events and selling them separatel.. So let's just hang in and see how it unfolds. Have a great weekend..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter