Will we be allowed?

Allie in Wonderland

DIS Veteran
I am sorry for posting on this board because I am only a senior in high school but thought you guys would have more experience with this subject because some of you have already experienced it. My school will NOT take students for grad night at Disney World but my friends and I really want to attend. Being a DVC member we were going to use points and pay our own ways down there. Provided the principal will sign a form that we graduated and all that, will they let us participate in the grad night activities or do you have to be with a group? If anyone been and can give me information on this night it would be greatly appreciated because I am just begining my research. Thank you so much!

Also I was wondering if we only have 3 of us, how do we get home.. I hear there are busses but i am figuring that not many grads will be staying at the boardwalk so I am wondering how that works.... Like I said before any tips and suggestions would be amazing!

It also says that a chaperone is required for every ten children. The chaperone needs to be over 21 so I am wondering if because we only have three we don't need one. (wishful thinking)

I do know, because I checked this out when I graduated HS too, that if your school isn't going as a group, they will not allow you to attend. That might have changed now though, that was four years ago. I would call and ask.

I just went to Disneyland a few weeks ago...and I'm sad to report, unless you have a group of 10 or more with a supervisor (and an organization to sponsor you)...you can not go. As a homeschool student, I wasn't very happy.

That is, until I saw the groups that were there. They were awful and totally took the magic of Disney away. They were responsible for many rides breaking down, security running around, trash, fights, etc. It was a pain to have to deal with them...especially when a ride was shut down because some jerk decided to stand up and try to get out of the 'cart'.

In short, don't stress about it. Grad night isn't as fun as going during the day. ;)

I went a few years back in '03, and even then, it was just ok. I mean, there were tons of people running around making a mess of things, no one really appreciated the idea of it. I mean, it was cool having your friends there at night like that, but the restrictions and stuff just weren't fun. Nevermind the fact, that after it all, our bus to get back to the hotel disappeared. We were all in our dress clothes in the parking lots for 2 extra hours at 5 in the morning!

Trust me, just go and have a good time on your own. It will be so much better. :thumbsup2

Not sure if you can go for grad night or not . . . but if you can't that doesn't mean you won't have an amazing graduation trip. I went with three friends to WDW for 9 days, and we had a blast. I have so many hilarious memories from that trip . . . and now all of us (and a few others) are hoping to make a return trip when we graduate college. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter