• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Will you be shopping on Black Friday?

Nope, I will be in WDW this year! Usually I will end up going to a few stores on Friday afternoon just to look around and grab some cheap DVDs.

Yes!! We will be there at stores when they open! It is my favorite shopping day of the year. We don't need anything big this year but we go for the good deals. I will also do on line stuff as well. I do Kohls on line on the Monday before thanksgiving since they start their BF sales early.

My holiday shopping pretty much is done by then but I feel so lucky to be off on Black Friday and my mom is retired so we always head to a mall in the area we do not go to very often around 7 am and have fun walking around. Sometimes we might spot something at a store. We have lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Then we head to a shopping area near the mall that has a Walmart, Target, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and Petsmart plus a few other stores. Sometimes my husband joins us on this day. Next year we will be in Disney!

I'm opting out this year I think. There's nothing I need that I feel I won't be able to get at some point between now and Christmas at a similar price point.

In all honesty with all these horrific tragedies going on in this country, braving a crowd on a popular night/day is not something I'm interested in. I'd rather spend time with my loved ones safe at home.

I had knee surgery yesterday so I probably won't be up to hitting the stores. I may do some online shopping though.

As a former retailer, I refuse to go shopping in stores on black Friday because there is absolutely nothing that anyone wants or needs that badly!

Instead, I shop throughout the year for deals, and don't end up broke in Nov. & Dec. Plus, I can relax while others are out fighting the traffic, and the crowds.

I can also say that other than 3 gift cards, which I'll pick up at Kroger for the fuel points, I'm already done shopping AND everything is wrapped. :santa:

It’s not really a big thing here in the U.K., although it’s been made bigger in recent years by retailers as a marketing ploy I suppose. ;) I remember last Black Friday the shops in London were absolutely chaotic- lines going out the front door to pay, which doesn’t happen often here. I’m looking forward to it this year but think I will stick to online if possible!

As a former retailer, I refuse to go shopping in stores on black Friday because there is absolutely nothing that anyone wants or needs that badly!

Instead, I shop throughout the year for deals, and don't end up broke in Nov. & Dec. Plus, I can relax while others are out fighting the traffic, and the crowds.

I can also say that other than 3 gift cards, which I'll pick up at Kroger for the fuel points, I'm already done shopping AND everything is wrapped. :santa:

It’s a brilliant way to shop! I started my Christmas shopping in January- got to take advantage of those sales! It’s so much better on your wallet to spread the cost throughout the year.

Sometimes I do a little online shopping but I never brave the B&M anymore. There's no deal worth it to me to get up that early (or stay up all night) and deal with crowds.

Ordinarily, I'd say no. But I think I'll go to Home Depot and get poinsettias & wreaths. I end up getting them there anyway, so may as well get them when they're cheap

My mom, sisters and I used to love shopping on black Friday when the stores used to open at 5:am. Getting up at four, driving to the store in the dark, having breakfast there...it was a lot of fun. It all changed when stores started do do Black Friday on Thursday afternoon or evening. That ended it for us.

Last edited:
I'm not opposed to going out, if I find something I really want/need. But more likely, I'll be shopping online. Besides, our family is big on no Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving, so Black Friday will be huge for decorating. Also, DD22 will be home--only for a few days. She hasn't been here since January (although we've seen her--she just hasn't been HERE). Time with her is much more important than a ton of shopping.

I probably will. Usually my mom and I go out. It’s always fun for us. Now that so many big retailers are open on Thursday, the Friday crowds aren’t as bad. We aren’t looking for the “hot” items, so no need to be first in line.

Not at the stores, perhaps online. I went once many years ago in bad weather and the awful crowds, never again. I usually decorate on that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter