Wilma-Bride's Trip Report - Sep 04 (Day 4)

wilma-bride

<<This space intentionally blank>>
Fred and Wilma’s Honeymoon – 7-21 Sep 04

CAST

Me – Joh (31) – Slightly neurotic (DH would say very), VERY impatient and extremely over-exciteable
DH – Gary (37) – Pretty laid back, a bit of a ‘Peter Pan’, mad about Tigger!

Day 4 – Fri 10th Sep

Today’s plan is to hit Epcot and Magic Kingdom. I wonder about the wisdom of trying to do the two parks in one day but, according to my faithful Brits Guide both are lightest crowds today, so we decide to go with the flow and see how we get on.

Epcot

We arrive at Epcot just after 9am, courtesy of the Mears transportation from the hotel (we had to pay extra for this, mind, as transport to WDW is not provided from Lo-Q). We go straight through the main entrance, stopping only to take some pictures of the ‘golf ball’ and have the obligatory arrival photo taken by a friendly CM.

Our first stop is the golf ball itself and Spaceship Earth. Now, I don’t know if it was the emotion of the last few days catching up with me, the excitement of finally being at Disney or what but this ride actually brought tears to my eyes towards the end. I found it very magical. Not heard anyone else say this so maybe it’s just me.

From here we went to Mission:Space. Me and DH had both been really looking forward to this ride and it did not disappoint – fantastic, amazing, literally out of this world (pardon the pun). Then we rode test track which we both really enjoyed as well. We were disappointed that Wonders of Life was closed as I’d heard good things about Body Wars and The Making of Me (and, I have just recently found out that it will be closed again this September so I will miss out again!).

We cross over to Imagination to watch ‘Honey I Shrunk the Audience’. We both really enjoyed this (even though I hate the ‘Honey I…’ films). We took some pictures outside by the Serpentine and Jellyfish fountains and then, much to DH’s delight, we bump into Tigger and Eeyore outside Imagination. We have some photos taken with them both (see, DH just needed the right character!)

I still can’t believe how few people there are around – I think we definitely picked the right day (maybe even the right time of year). We decide to bypass The Land and Living Seas although I suspect this may have been a mistake, especially as The Living Seas will also be closed this September.

So, off we go to World Showcase. We stop for a drink and sit by the lagoon, taking in the view and the sheer size of the place (I don’t think you get a true picture of how big Epcot is until you go through to WS) and trying to work out just how far the walk round WS is. We toss a coin and decide to walk round clockwise, starting with Mexico.

Now, each to their own, but I have to say we weren’t that impressed with WS. It seemed a bit of a disappointment after Future World. Whether it’s because we’re more into the thrills and spills or maybe because it didn’t feel very ‘Disney’ (we didn’t see a single character in WS) or even because we just got sick of shops. Whatever it was, by the time we reached Japan we had decided to call it a day and caught the boat back across the lagoon.

There were some highlights of Epcot WS, namely the boat ride in ‘Mexico’, Maelstrom and the yummy pastries from the Kringla bakery in ‘Norway’ and the baseball-player Tigger that DH found in ‘America’.

Magic Kingdom

Having caught the monorail from Epcot (and had a well-earned sit down), we arrive at MK refreshed and ready for our first experience of ‘THE’ Disney park.

Nothing has prepared me for my first glimpse of Cinderella’s Castle. DH is suitably unimpressed (must be a bloke thing) but I find it truly amazing – I feel like I’m really here now. This is what Disney is all about for me.

We gape at the Castle for a bit and take plenty of pictures, then head to Adventureland where we decide to climb the Swiss Family Robinson tree house. Big mistake! My tired legs can barely cope with the steps, so we decide to go to Jungle Cruise for another sit down. Then it’s onto Pirates of the Caribbean. OK, so I’m a heathen – I really am not impressed with this ride (although I’m willing to acknowledge that maybe we were just too tired to appreciate it). After agreeing that we are ‘parked out’ we decide to ‘do’ Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain and head back to the hotel. We both really enjoy Thunder Mountain but the 40-minute queue for Space Mountain definitely wasn’t worth it. I much prefer The Black Hole at Alton Towers. That done, we set off for the journey back to our hotel and I tell DH that I want to come back again when we are feeling less tired.

Arriving back at the hotel, we decide we really ought to eat somewhere different tonight so we go to TGI Friday’s. OK, so not very different but maybe tomorrow we’ll venture a bit further afield. Tomorrow, being Saturday, we’re having a ‘quiet’ day so, hopefully, will feel rested for our trip to Animal Kingdom on Sunday.

:rotfl: you did VERY well to attempt both parks in one day ( sept 10th is my birthday !)

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for posting.

Spaceship earth had that affect on me too! I seemed to like the rides that I imagined Walt had most input on ( Carousel of Progress - brilliant).

By the way, we were THERE for Frances!! Aug 29 - Sep 12.

Another lovely report, thank you.

I am not a big fan of the World Showcase either, probably because we tend to just walk round it not stopping. We were not going to do it this year but DS14 really wanted to, and I am glad we did it was very scenic. He bought a hidden Mickey book so spent time looking for these.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter