Windsor Hills Information Station 2.0

YES! The place you are staying will have a Book/Document that will have a list of authorized pizza stores that have to the door delivery. Of course a bunch of other do's an general rules and need to know stuff, but at least there is no test required. View attachment 760267

G'day
WH Info
And of course have great adventures on your upcoming Central Florida Vacation!
1683271683924.gif

Thank you! Pizza, delivered, is usually our first meal as we check in and unpack.

There is a woman who delivers groceries, even stocks the villa prior to arrival. The official FB group for Windsor Hills has her info. I haven't used her, but she gets rave reviews.

I'm not sure why you would have this thread deleted. (If they can even do that.) (For that matter, I'm not sure why you made a "Version 2.0".)

I bet a lot of savvy people did a search, found the information they needed, and then did not post anything, because why would they? Leave the thread as it is, and hopefully people who have questions about WH will post here.

In the meantime, I will post a question! If your stand-alone home is far away from the main pool complex, is there enough parking there to drive and park there? Thanks.

I'm not sure why you would have this thread deleted. (If they can even do that.) (For that matter, I'm not sure why you made a "Version 2.0".)

I bet a lot of savvy people did a search, found the information they needed, and then did not post anything, because why would they? Leave the thread as it is, and hopefully people who have questions about WH will post here.
In the meantime, I will post a question! If your stand-alone home is far away from the main pool complex, is there enough parking there to drive and park there? Thanks.
I gave my reasons in my new #1 thread comments. My fist choice is for someone qualified take over WHIS 2.0, and plan to wait at least 14 days and hope some is willing to take it over. The track record of getting help so far been "ZERO"! My request for something simple as what users find as a good time to check-in at the WH Mail Gate and I'm still waiting for a response. Post #10 was my opening comments before opening WHIS 2.0 and in it is a statement "I Can't do this Alone"! For your comment as to users finding the information needed and moving on is differently correct.

Now for your question: My vacations have always been Late Feb. and it's not a super busy time for vacationers and the parking for the the Community Center & Pool Areas has never looked very busy. I hope someone that is a summer vacationer will have a better answer than I can provide. Please forgive my way to long answers for your comments & question, but they all deserved proper attention.

OBTW: The original WHIS DATA was 4 years out of date.

G'day
WH Info

Last edited:

Thanks. I doubt I would go in the summer. I would probably go in the spring (and usually avoid the busiest spring break weeks). Or late fall, not including Thanksgiving (skipping the rainy season). There is a chance that we would go during a February Presidents Day vacation week, but I personally would try to avoid that as well, given that I try to avoid very busy times. But I think, as far as vacation weeks go, Presidents Day is slightly less crowded, especially after that Monday.

Post #10 was my opening comments before opening WHIS 2.0 and in it is a statement "I Can't do this Alone"!
I guess I don't think you have to "do" anything. Look at the "We loooove CWBC" thread. I don't even know if the OP is even on Disboards anymore. If they are, they're not doing anything active in that thread. As far as out of date info, if you'd like I'm pretty sure you can edit posts almost forever, but I certainly wouldn't blame you if you didn't feel like it--I share your frustration that there are threads like this, and then people will post a whole new thread asking a question that has already been answered here, or that would be better to come here to ask.

Hi everyone. WH owner here, and if this post is not allowed by all means please delete.

Myself, with a group of owners, built an actual booking website for Windsor Hills Resort earlier this year. Prior to this website, WHR simply have a searchable (and very out-dated) rather clunky directory website with no way to directly book a property. The new website requires all owners to be verified and using the same, secure hotel-caliber booking software. We currently have 110 rentals listed.

www.WindsorHillsResortFL.com

Hi everyone. WH owner here, and if this post is not allowed by all means please delete.

Myself, with a group of owners, built an actual booking website for Windsor Hills Resort earlier this year. Prior to this website, WHR simply have a searchable (and very out-dated) rather clunky directory website with no way to directly book a property. The new website requires all owners to be verified and using the same, secure hotel-caliber booking software. We currently have 110 rentals listed.

www.WindsorHillsResortFL.com
So, could owners listed on windsorhillsprivaterentals.com also be included in your website? Didn't whpr also require owners to be verified? What other differences are there between the two websites?

Thank you for the great info in the main posts! We will be there in October for our 4th Windsor Hills stay. We always do condos or townhomes and we love it.

I just stayed at WH in a 3 bdrm condo this week, rented off VRBO. It was so quiet and low-key, I really liked it and would stay again. We checked in at 5:30 and there were 2 other cars checking in in front of us, so it was not bad at all. The pool was not too busy, there were plenty of chairs available. The location was close to the parks.

Thank you for the great info in the main posts! We will be there in October for our 4th Windsor Hills stay. We always do condos or townhomes and we love it.

It's always good hear that all my time was not wasted & WH bound visitors may find some need to know Info. before they arrive.

G'day
WH Info

I just stayed at WH in a 3 bdrm condo this week, rented off VRBO. It was so quiet and low-key, I really liked it and would stay again. We checked in at 5:30 and there were 2 other cars checking in in front of us, so it was not bad at all. The pool was not too busy, there were plenty of chairs available. The location was close to the parks.
The great thing about off season for Central Fl. vacations is LESS CROWDS!
My trips to CF tend to be a large group or just wife and my self; that tends to be Condo Time.
I guess your Park time was great also. :)

G'day
WH Info

Our upcoming trip over Christmas we'll be staying at a 2br here for 12 nights. Pretty excited! We always drive down from VA so have our car.

How's the pool situation in December/Jan? We'll get in the water with temps into the high 60s probably if the kid splash pad is available.

How is it taking a left across that road leaving the gate? It looks like there's no light there. That's my only fear, sitting there for 10 mins waiting on traffic to take a left.

I'll post up some comments/review pics here after we stay. Dec 20-1 Jan

Last edited:
Our upcoming trip over Christmas we'll be staying at a 2br here for 12 nights. Pretty excited! We always drive down from VA so have our car.

How's the pool situation in December/Jan? We'll get in the water with temps into the high 60s probably if the kid splash pad is available.
Weather in January can go either way, perfect for swimming or too cold for polar bears (almost), sometimes in the same week!
How is it taking a left across that road leaving the gate? It looks like there's no light there. That's my only fear, sitting there for 10 mins waiting on traffic to take a left.
There’s a traffic light that will allow a safe left turn there.
I'll post up some comments/review pics here after we stay. Dec 20-1 Jan

Weather in January can go either way, perfect for swimming or too cold for polar bears (almost), sometimes in the same week!

There’s a traffic light that will allow a safe left turn there.

Awesome, Google street view lagging behind years as per usual. I'm super excited to have a whole condo to stay in so close and it was cheaper than me staying at Shades of Green, crazy.

Awesome, Google street view lagging behind years as per usual. I'm super excited to have a whole condo to stay in so close and it was cheaper than me staying at Shades of Green, crazy.
You will love it. Technically it’s offsite, but it feels like onsite, especially if you have a car (other than not getting early entry or extra evening hours). And the 2BR is very spacious. Enjoy!

Second this. Last Christmas in Orlando, the first few days of our trip it dipped down into the high 30’s low 40’s and we broke out the winter jackets, the second half of the trip it got up to 80 and we went in the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter