Windsor Hills Information Station

Would you perfer that the new WHIS 2.0 be removed from WHIS or left tide to the orginal tread?

• Keep WHIS 2.0 with orginal thread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move WHIS 2.0 to it's own thread

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • End WHIS 1.0 & 2.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So...on the buying front. What would you do?

Would you buy an older place (18 years old) in the best location that has a bunch of updates but still needs new: paint job, appliances and furniture. Needs weeding and power washing of lanai and new furniture there too plus need to buy a hot tub for out there. But the place has 1st floor bedroom for the grandparents if they visit.

Or...a place farther out and not as rentable but is newer (10 years old) and all updated and really cute plus already has hot tub on lanai. Though don't know how well 10 year old hot tub is working or AC and hot water heater (other place has 4 years old replacements of those). And all 3 bedrooms are up stairs. But it would be like 5-8K less to buy.

Both communities have similar amenities though I know older place stuff is all open and usable where the newer place stuff is still closed (worry some may not ever reopen, specifically the bar/restaurant).

Last edited:
So...on the buying front. What would you do?

Would you buy an older place (18 years old) in the best location that has a bunch of updates but still needs new: paint job, appliances and furniture. Needs weeding and power washing of lanai and new furniture there too plus need to buy a hot tub for out there. But the place has 1st floor bedroom for the grandparents if they visit.

Or...a place farther out and not as rentable but is newer (10 years old) and all updated and really cute plus already has hot tub on lanai. Though don't know how well 10 year old hot tub is working or AC and hot water heater (other place has 4 years old replacements of those). And all 3 bedrooms are up stairs. But it would be like 5-8K less to buy.

Both communities have similar amenities though I know older place stuff is all open and usable where the newer place stuff is still closed (worry some may not ever reopen, specifically the bar/restaurant).

If I were buying a second home that I hope to rent out a bit to offset my expenses, I would buy the less expensive, newer, farther out place.

If I were purchasing an investment property that I expect to at least pay for itself and possible generate income above expenses, I would go for the better location and put the work into it.

If I were buying a second home that I hope to rent out a bit to offset my expenses, I would buy the less expensive, newer, farther out place.

If I were purchasing an investment property that I expect to at least pay for itself and possible generate income above expenses, I would go for the better location and put the work into it.
Thanks for input. We are the 1st...just want place for us that we can rent out some. Don't need to generate a lot of rental income.

It already sold again. It was on Sir Kaufmann. There are only 2 now listed and priced high. The Fitzclarence looks lovely but has been sitting there a while. Not sure why? Gotta look at HVAC, pool equipment, appliances, flooring, hot water heater and the like. Most are original and have issues. I can chat via PM or email or FB message if you like. I have lots of info collected. My good friend closed on one (end unit on Maneshaw) recently. ANd I have been chatting with 2 other ladies who just bought as well. It is a very friendly community.

Yikes - hopefully the new buyers found out about all the items that needed to be fixed before they bought it. I am finding the owners of the homes and townhomes to be very unreasonable when it comes to what they want for their homes. Some of the homes want nearly what they were going for new and they need at least $60,000-$100,000 of work.

We put in a very reasonable offer on one of the townhomes that is sitting on the market and the owner turned it down and said they were going to wait for a higher price. Our offer was at the top of the comps for the last 3 months.....he wanted $35,000.00 more that what we offered. Their agent said that there have been several offers on the home and none "have worked out".

Last edited:

Should mention my DH likes the older better location place. He likes the location being near a lot of dining and near our friends who bought in WH. Plus it seems like a more friendly tight knit area...big FB groups and whatnot.
Yikes - hopefully the new buyers found out about all the items that needed to be fixed before they bought it. I am finding the owners of the homes and townhomes to be very unreasonable when it comes to what they want for their homes. Some of the homes want nearly what they were going for new and they need at least $60,000-$100,000 of work.

We put in a very reasonable offer on one of the townhomes that is sitting on the market and the owner turned it down and said they were going to wait for a higher price. Our offer was at the top of the comps for the last 3 months.....he wanted $35,000.00 more that what we offered. Their agent said that there have been several offers on the home and none "have worked out".
We are offering on one today. Actually, from my post above, are going with the better location but needs work. It is priced 23K too high based on comps. We are offering 17K below list. Which is pretty good deal for them. But based on the comp the sellers are showing us...they think their place is sparkling updated like the comp and it's not. And even the comp went for 11k under what they are listed at. Our offer of 17K under is fair considering it needs to be painted and new furniture and the tile grout is all crumbled and needs redone and stairs have metal edges that need repair. And fixtures need to be replaced. Lanai needs a clean up. The comp they are showing us had all that done.

Should mention my DH likes the older better location place. He likes the location being near a lot of dining and near our friends who bought in WH. Plus it seems like a more friendly tight knit area...big FB groups and whatnot.

We are offering on one today. Actually, from my post above, are going with the better location but needs work. It is priced 23K too high based on comps. We are offering 17K below list. Which is pretty good deal for them. But based on the comp the sellers are showing us...they think their place is sparkling updated like the comp and it's not. And even the comp went for 11k under what they are listed at. Our offer of 17K under is fair considering it needs to be painted and new furniture and the tile grout is all crumbled and needs redone and stairs have metal edges that need repair. And fixtures need to be replaced. Lanai needs a clean up. The comp they are showing us had all that done.

I just sent you a PM - check it!

Good luck - keep us posted. I had looked at that one and I wish I had kept my notes to share with you. I can't recall anything specific after looking at so many.

Good luck - keep us posted. I had looked at that one and I wish I had kept my notes to share with you. I can't recall anything specific after looking at so many.
Not going well. They countered at $500 off list (five hundred dollars). We re-countered our max which is added another 2K. But they keep stating it is identical to a certain comp (yet their counter is still 11K above the comp plus the comp was high end finished very well). We looked at one in there, back in Jan, that was finished very beautifully AND had a pool and it just closed last week at 10K under their counter, take 5K off for the pool and it's at what what we re-countered at and feel is very fair. It won't likely even appraise at that. Ridiculous. But we are already looking into another property. Have our other option mentioned up thread (not best located resort but cheaper and newer and has hot tub).

Help! So we had sticker shock for on-site hotels this summer($6000 a week!!!) started looking at rentals On VRBO. A question 2 rental companies Nova and I don’t recall the other magical something are requiring a $500 security on top of price. My concern is that these are rental homes and I dont want to lose that $500 over something that may have already been broken. So question should I avoid those homes? Or do they actually refund your security(no damage)

Most rental homes will require some form of a security deposit. Some will ask for an amount and some will ask for a CC to be placed on file in case of damage. This is to protect them in case someone comes in and causes some major damage. No owners WANTS to withhold money from a guests and I would not hesitate at all renting from someone who asks for one. I have rented many times and always got my deposit back within a week of leaving. But I would look for an owner and not a big management company such as Nova or Magical Vacation Homes. Try and rent direct if you can.

Most rental homes will require some form of a security deposit. Some will ask for an amount and some will ask for a CC to be placed on file in case of damage. This is to protect them in case someone comes in and causes some major damage. No owners WANTS to withhold money from a guests and I would not hesitate at all renting from someone who asks for one. I have rented many times and always got my deposit back within a week of leaving. But I would look for an owner and not a big management company such as Nova or Magical Vacation Homes. Try and rent direct if you can.

I agree with this! Yes, we have never had issues getting the security deposit returned. From this thread, I learned about the Windsor Hills Private Rentals site. I did some cross referencing of that site and VRBO and was able to find what I wanted then book directly with the owner. It saved us money. WH has so many options to choose from and the location is great. We will be there for 10 days over Easter and got a great deal on a condo.

Where is the best place to rent a place at Windsor Hills from? I've seen the windsor hills private rental website mentioned, but would like some type of "guarantee" in case something goes wrong.. We've never stayed at WH, but want to give it a try this fall!

Where is the best place to rent a place at Windsor Hills from?

Hi Disneygirl678
The best place to rent a Windsor Hills vacation propriety....
....Wow; that’s a tough one! Each person looking for the perfect place and best way to rent that place will have different expectations as to what they need to be comfortable with the transaction. Renting direct from an owner, the contract may be less than through a broker. Dealing with the owner, who most likely will only have that one unit will not have a comparable place for you to use if the unit becomes un-rentable three days before your check-in date. The broker will have many properties and may be able to come up with an equivalent rental three days before your check-in date. You like most people are hoping to create the best vacation without any hiccups. My guess this is what makes it so hard to decide what is best for you to do.

NOW FORGET ALL OF THAT STUFF!

The good news is chances that any major problems will never happen, that will “cancel” your vacation. Now you will need to choose owner or broker. I have used a direct by owner one time and local Central Florida Booking businesses for many other Windsor Hills vacation and all been without any problems.

By owner:
Search for: Use your preferred SE “VBRO Windsor Hills Central Florida” (Yes Vrbo calls it a resort:rotfl2:)
Search for: welcometowindsorhills.com (Windsor Hills Official Rentals – Broker/Owner???}

By Broker: Use your preferred SE
Search for: Windsor Hills Kissimmee Florida (I would pass on sites without a contact phone number listed)

Hope you find you’re perfect vacation in Windsor Hills.

G’day
Pulsar

Last edited:
Where is the best place to rent a place at Windsor Hills from? I've seen the windsor hills private rental website mentioned, but would like some type of "guarantee" in case something goes wrong.. We've never stayed at WH, but want to give it a try this fall!
There is a windsor hills guests- orlando florida facebook page as well

Neither site will have all owners listings though as an individual owner may opt to allow a management company to list their home (which is not allowed on the private rentals site)
Are there any reputable management companies people can suggest? For completeness, it would nice to check both the HOA site and one or more management companies. Thanks.

Are there any reputable management companies people can suggest?

Thanks for your using “reputable” in your question. Many times the question seeks information for the Good, the Bad and the ugly. Hopefully you will get responses to this question. I would gladly tell you about the company I used for many years, but they gave up and went out of business. My gut feeling is that the reliability of close to all of the Central Florida companies renting vacation homes are doing a great job. Like you I’ll be confronting that flicker of hesitation when deciding about renting from a company or direct from an owner. However, before I used the now closed down company I had rented by owner only once and different local companies many times and they all were greate, and I’ll power through that hesitation and feel confident and grab the Windsor Hills property that meets my requirements for that vacation.
......................Remember to have fun & create great memories on your vacation!
.....G’day
.......III

Are there any reputable management companies people can suggest? For completeness, it would nice to check both the HOA site and one or more management companies. Thanks.
Are you looking as an owner? I researched and had a list back in early Feb when we were under contract on a WH townhome. But then it fell through so I threw out my list. We close in 9 days on a townhome in Regal Palms which is like 15 mins away from WH and has different ManCos. So I have to research all over again. Haven't really done it. Not in a hurry to rent.

But I can go digging for the ones I found for WH....be back soon.

No, I'm interested as a possible renter. TBF, I quoted Tinkerbell because I was hoping she would provide her company. Perhaps that's not allowed, but I like the look of her place.

No, I'm interested as a possible renter. TBF, I quoted Tinkerbell because I was hoping she would provide her company. Perhaps that's not allowed, but I like the look of her place.
I will say that my friend bought a townhome in WH about 2-3 months back and rents it through Select Vacation Villas. They renovated it too. Can try that website. She is happy with the ManCo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter