Wine & Dine Race 2024- Parks to Avoid?

dottieluv22

Earning My Ears
Going to be doing a split stay at the parks with 3 small kids at the same time as the Wine and Dine Half Marathon! We do like to rope drop, especially as the kids are early risers. I’ve heard the marathon is generally over by park open but that transport might be effected. We will be staying at the Riviera during that part of the weekend (the 31st- 5th). Wondering what specific parks to avoid during the half marathon weekend? For instance, I see that there’s a post race party at Epcot on Sunday the 3rd- so I’m thinking it’ll be best to avoid Epcot that day and maybe do Hollywood Studios?

Any tips or tricks to work around this race would be great!

I don't think they've released the course for that race yet. Last year, it went through Epcot and Hollywood Studios and the roads nearby, so getting to Magic Kingdom would probably not be a problem. Some races go from Epcot to Magic Kingdom and back, which would make that transit difficult, but that hasn't been case for W&D.

I'd say that, from Riviera, Hollywood Studios might be the best option since you can take the Skyliner. I think Epcot could also be fine. The party ticket doesn't allow people in until 5pm, so it might be more empty during the day. The last runner should be through Epcot by 8:15; worst case.

I don't think they've released the course for that race yet. Last year, it went through Epcot and Hollywood Studios and the roads nearby, so getting to Magic Kingdom would probably not be a problem. Some races go from Epcot to Magic Kingdom and back, which would make that transit difficult, but that hasn't been case for W&D.

I'd say that, from Riviera, Hollywood Studios might be the best option since you can take the Skyliner. I think Epcot could also be fine. The party ticket doesn't allow people in until 5pm, so it might be more empty during the day. The last runner should be through Epcot by 8:15; worst case.
Thank you! Yeah skyliner seems best! Do we know when they typically release the course? 🤔

Thank you! Yeah skyliner seems best! Do we know when they typically release the course? 🤔
Last year courses released 10/19 with the expo opening 11/2

The past couple years with this weekend the 5k was self contained to Epcot (park/parking lot/backstage) where the 10k & Half take place on adjacent roadways, boardwalk and studios

Here are last years 5 & 10k from my camera roll

Attachments

• IMG_0927.png
    IMG_0927.png
    430 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0933.png
    IMG_0933.png
    488.4 KB · Views: 6
Last year courses released 10/19 with the expo opening 11/2

The past couple years with this weekend the 5k was self contained to Epcot (park/parking lot/backstage) where the 10k & Half take place on adjacent roadways, boardwalk and studios

Here are last years 5 & 10k from my camera roll
Thank you for this! Very helpful! Looking like the skyliner will hopefully be a safe bet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter