Wine Package Research with 2022 Prices

As @jonmacintosh pointed out the Heitz Cab is the best deal on the entire ship. On a 7 day crusie we buy several bottles of that!

Wait..... have I missed this for years. :-). They charge a corking fee to open their wines? I thought the corking fee applied to wines that you brought on board to dinner?
No, you're right. Wine packages are charged an automatic 18% but they will bring you wines from your package to dinner at no extra charge. The corkage fee only applies to wine you brought on board.

I went back and did more research on the Château Peymouten Saint-Emilion Grand Cru and I actually can't find a good retail price estimate. One place said $12, but others said much higher. Also, keep in mind that you're going to pay restaurant markup on DCL. Lastly, I'll say that I have not yet tried this wine. I think I wrote it off too quickly. The 2020 recently received 93 points from James Suckling.

Regardless of what you can buy it for on land, DCL sells it for $65 in its restaurants, so to @elsawasajedi 's point, it actually would make a very smart choice if you purchased the Premium wine package.
I had this recently on a Fantasy cruise. I think it was the 2016 and it was average at best, MSRP my be $65 but it drinks more like a $20 dollar wine. The Heitz IMHO is much better.
No, you're right. Wine packages are charged an automatic 18% but they will bring you wines from your package to dinner at no extra charge. The corkage fee only applies to wine you brought on board
Thanks for confirming... thought I was losing it for a minute! haha!!

I had this recently on a Fantasy cruise. I think it was the 2016 and it was average at best, MSRP my be $65 but it drinks more like a $20 dollar wine. The Heitz IMHO is much better.

Thanks for confirming... thought I was losing it for a minute! haha!!
Good to know. And thank you. The Heitz is going to be my go-to red purchase for our cruise, and given that it's not available in one of the wine packages, I will most likely be avoiding the packages and ordering wine by the bottle.

No, you're right. Wine packages are charged an automatic 18% but they will bring you wines from your package to dinner at no extra charge. The corkage fee only applies to wine you brought on board.
We did not get the package. Just ordered one bottle Our bottle we got on the list was $60 but when I look at my itemized bill afterwards (screen shots) it was $80.24 I’m kicking myself for not paying closer attention. With 18% gratuity should only have been 70.80.

We did not get the package. Just ordered one bottle Our bottle we got on the list was $60 but when I look at my itemized bill afterwards (screen shots) it was $80.24 I’m kicking myself for not paying closer attention. With 18% gratuity should only have been 70.80.
Weird. I have no idea.

Good to know. And thank you. The Heitz is going to be my go-to red purchase for our cruise, and given that it's not available in one of the wine packages, I will most likely be avoiding the packages and ordering wine by the bottle.
Another somewhat affordable option if you are looking for a French Bordeaux is the Chateau Gloria. It is only on the Remy/Enchante wine list but you canb request it at Meridian/Rose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter