Winter Magic Package-Should I go 1/04 or 9/04?

mlbretscher

Mouseketeer
I just got an e-mail about the Winter Magic Package (I assume it's similar to the FTP). Anyway, I was planning on taking a trip to WDW in 9/04, but now I am thinking about moving it up to 1/04. I know that January is usually not crowed, but can you still use the pools? Has anyone been in September & January and have any advise? If I go in January I would go 1/05-1/10/04 and thus, miss the MLK holiday time frame. I was quoted $2,315 for the Polynesian ($1,791 for POR) for 2 adults, 3 kids for 5 nights with the Ultimate 5-day Park Hopper Plus pass included. Does this sound like a good rate? Any suggestions on which is a better time of year to visit with 3 kids (age 3, 6 & 8). Thanks!

we went last year from dec. 31- jan 7th. There are a number of positive points to going durring this time. First off, we didn't have to wait in line for more than 10 minutes on any ride in any of the parks. Second, it's not too hot and it's not too cold. The parks are festive and in MK they actually have "snow" fall down mainstreet in the evenings. Make sure to take sweatshirts or light jackets with you though because it tends to get a little cooler in the evenings. Also, if your going for that many days, may want to invest in a AP. We stayed 7 nights at CBR and payed $79 a night, got discounts off shows, and still managed to stay way below budget. Best part is, we are going again on dec. 31st and using the current AP and renewing so we can use the benefits for the rest of the stay. Only downside to going durring this time, didn't get to use the pool as much as we would have liked.

My advice would be to check out some rates for other hotels in January. We are staying for 2 adults 4 nights at GF for $1520. Not all of the hotels released winter dream maker rates for all room types. For us, GF ended up being less than CR, BC & YC. Didn't check Poly. Also good deals available during that time for savanah rooms at AKL. We could have stayed there for $1399 for the same amount of nights. However GF is our dream hotel so we chose that. So my advice is to check some other deluxes.:)

Unless money is no object for your and your family (in which case are you willing to adopt me?) then for the amounts you were quoted originally, perhaps you would consider buying annual passes for your family, reserve room only rates at a moderate resort that can house 5 people and go in BOTH January and September.

It would probably end up at a similar cost for only going once at the Deluxe Resort Package price. If you're a bargain hunter like I am, do a little research and see if you can make two magical Disney Holidays happen for the price on one.

I'd much rather take several well-planned yet "budget" holidays then break the bank on just one.

---Andra
I'm not a cheapskate, but I play one on TV
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter