• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wish Check In Week 4-1

Jiminy102

<font color=blue>The TF is busy trying to tag peop
Happy April Ladies and Gentleman!!! How do you like my cruel April Fool's joke!!! I am making everyone check in the day after EASTER!!! How much worse can it get. Ok well I stayed the same this week. I think that is not to bad since I have not been on points since this Mcdonald's thing started. At least it is almost over!! I only need 6 more toys.

Gotta love my DH. He informed me Saturday that he wanted to know when I was going to start counting points again because I have been off them way t long for no good reason!! HE said he would ask me everyday if he needed to to make sure I was staying on points. I told him Monday so I guess that is today huh!! So I have to be good!!

How was everyones Easter????? Did you manage to stay out of those chocolate bunnies??

Ok everyone have a great weeek and drink that water and excercise!!!

Happy WISHing
Holly

I managed to lose another pound last week...although Easter did me in! It wasn't the chocolate though, it was the lasagna and the ham and the sweet potatoes and the candied ginger carrots and the stuffed mushrooms! ARGH!!!! But I did try my best to stick to my plan and managed to stay in the high end of my point total that day.

Good luck to everyone this week!

Woo-Hoo. Just got back from weigh-in. Lost 3.4 lbs of pure fat!! I'm stoked. I have to thank my new email buddy believe for helping me keep on track. Now I have 18 more to go by June 8th! Right now I'm feeling like it's going to happen. I've been doing really well for 2 weeks, but I was nervous about easter. I ate a lot of different things that are not the greatest for me, but I kept them in small quantities, so that must of helped.

Also, just made a terrific chicken salad that is creamy and good, and good for you. LMK if anyone wants the recipe. I also tried the new skinny cow fudge bars (fat free, 60 cals) Yummy!

I hope everyone is doing well and is staying healthy!

bekkiz, I would love that chicken salad recipe! You can PM me or email it to me at ilovedisneyworld@hotmail.com :) .

I am thrilled to say that I maintained last week. I really overate over my spring break vacation, but I stayed on the plan before we left and after we came back, and that offset the vacation overeating. I am very pleased with this result. :) Now on to losing at the next weigh-in!

Just back from a no holds barred 8 days in WDW! I only gained 3 lbs - and we ate like little pigs. Back on the wagon today!

Patricia

I weighed in at 255 so I lost 6 more pounds. (268->261->255) I am following my nutri/system diet to a tee. I did a lot of walking last week and I started to do sit ups. I feel great!

I avoided food on Easter Sunday by not going out with my wife and sons to an Easter buffet. I went last year and wound up going to the buffet table 10 times. I knew I would crumble if I saw all of that food. So I stayed home and ate my teeny tiny can of tuna.

Have a great week!

Let’s do it!

(lol jiminy)

O.K. I did it. I joined Weight Watchers (again) tonight. I am ready to get started. I hope everyone has a great week this week. By the way, if anyone is doing Weight Watchers, but not going to the meetings, I have the whole set of materials from the last time I joined. Week 1-6 and the Points finder and booster. If you would like it let me know and I will send them to you.

Happy Tuesday morning everyone!

I lost 2.5 pounds last week---yippee! For some reason, I'm always surprised when I get on the scale and see a loss. Isn't that silly? I'm so glad that I switched back to Weight Watchers instead of continuing to struggle with the exchange plan. It just never made any sense to me, and I had little confidence in my group's leader to boot.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful week! Congrats to all those posting losses! :D

I thought I had broken through this 4 lbs I have been bouncing around between for months now. But throw a week of special events and a holiday and I am still in my 4 lb votex.

I am happy that no serious gaining is going on, with only 10-15 lbs to go (although I have been here for over a year now) I still feel pretty good about where I am and what I have done.
Hubby and I are starting to talk about our Fall 2-week florida/WDW trip and I think we will be walking together to try to get ready for all the walking we will do on the trip.

Thanks all for sharing your successes, it is really encouraging.

I am so very discouraged!!! I have been going off my diet off and on. I need to get back on it, but I have been exercising my little buns off. I walk about 2.5 miles a day in the school gym during my lucnh. Then I go to Curves atleast 4 times a week. Last week I did a total of 470 crunches.

I stepped on the scale and I gained 4 lbs. I have gone off the diet a few times, but not enopugh to gain 4 lbs. I have not gorged myself. I ate only one bite size pepermint Pattie, and I had some squash on Easter. I am so upset, as I figured with all the exercise I would stay about the same.

I do not think that it is fat turning into muscle as that is an impossibility. YOu can get rid of fat, but it does not turn into muscle. So, here I am back to 143 lbs. I so want to weigh 125 by the summer. I want to be able to buy a bathingsuit that does not have one of those flouncey skirts to hide the fat. I am sorry to be such a downer.... :(

Hang in there glo!!!!!!! Maybe talk to the owner of your Curves and see what she has to say. I know that our owner did tell us that they say that you shouldn't do more than 3 times a week because of something that it does to your metabolism. So talk to your Curves owner and maybe she can give you some suggestions or some insight. I'm sorry you are so bummed about it...but I know I would be too if it were me!!!!

Well I weigh in in an hour so I'll check in tomorrow but I wanted to see how everyone was doing. I was sick last week so I missed a few meals (was too plugged up to be able to eat while trying to breath) and I had gotten on the scale (I know....DON'T DO THAT WHEN ON WEIGHT WATCHERS!!!! :D ) and my scale said I was down 6 pounds...but then Easter came...and I got some of my fav eggs and of course I couldn't just say...oh I won't eat those!!! ROFL So today, of course because I have to weigh in, I feel like (as I was describing to Jiminy this morning....) a giant mum!!!!!! But we'll see what the scale says tonight.

Good luck to everyone this week and nice to job to everyone that has lost and everyone that has stuck to it!!!!!

Last week I really caved and had a baaaaaaaaad week.I didn't exercise AT ALL and,though I drank my Slimfast,ate just about anything I wanted.On Weds of last week,I was all alone in the store with not a whole lot to do most of the day.Sadly,I admit that I caved and ate almost an entire box of chocolate eggs with almond butter that had been set aside for samples.:(This week,so far I"m doing better.Sunday was a bad day tho.I had a 1/2 a waffle with butter and syrup for breakfast,some horrible ham and veggies for lunch with cheesecake and cobbler for dessert,plus a handful of malted milkball easter eggs and some Peeps bunnies.Monday I walked around the mall after I got off,as well as trekked through the Lowes and the grocery store with DH,so I feel I got my exercise in.Today,I used the Sweatin To the Oldies tape my mom gave me on Sunday and felt re-energized.So this week I"m going to get back on track.:)
I've also heard that in May they will be opening a Curves near where I live.YAY!I'm excited about that and want to try it when they open it.Perhaps they will have a grand opening half price special??

Ursula

Don't despair, Glo!

You are right, fat doesn't turn into muscle. However, you are probably BUILDING muscle! Do not rely so much on the scale now that you are so close to your goal. You will probably notice that your body is changing shape and that anything that might have been flabby is now a little more tone. It takes time. Give yourself a month to really feel the changes (from working out at Curves) another month to see the changes and another month to have a "brand new body". :)

Muscle weight gain is good!!! Muscle burns more calories than fat. So when you put on muscle weight and you are NOT working out, you are burning more calories than you would if you had less muscle weight. Confused yet? :)

I have been lifting weights since January. I have only lost about 4 pounds (maybe!). ALL my clothes fit better!!! My "tight" pants are comfortable. My shorts are loose around my bottom! My arms are not waving goodbye along with my hands anymore! I can see my ribs again. I know that I have lost fat, although the scale does not show a significant loss of pounds.

Glo, I am stuck at 143lbs too. UGH! I hate that weight. I think I have a mental block about going under 140lbs.

My problem is my food intake. I do 5 workouts a week: cardio, free weights & pilates. Its the blasted chocolate. Everyday, I start out by eating well - lean protein with fruit. After lunch, I've been dipping into the chocolate bunnies. Its a horrible habit that I have to break. Tonight, I started eating some Easter chocolate. When I realized how much I had eaten, I got off the couch & jumped up on my cardio glider for 15 min. That immediately broke my 'eating trance'. I don't realize just how much I'm eating until I count the candy wrappers.

Tonight, Discovery Medical Channel replayed their Discovery Challenge. I find it very motivating. They took (I think 7) people & set them up with diet, exercise & lifestyle programs to see how much weight they can lose in 16 weeks. They all did awesome jobs. I've watched it before, but this time they've updated the program. Its on every night this week at 10pm.

Glo- Don't get discouraged! I think the closer you get to your goal weight the longer it will take to get those pounds off. I know so far this week I haven't lost anything. I seem to go from hardly any loss one week, to a bigger loss the next. I can't figure it out. I don't chage anything from week to week.

The person in charge of our Curves told us the same thing that December99 was told.

I am off to Curves soon!:D

glo, you CAN do it! You have done such a great job, and don't forget all that you've accomplished! I know just how you feel, as I have had SO many discouraging weight loss weeks. I have been on WW since July 2000, and have lost 13 lbs. total. At one time I had lost up to 20 lbs., but then I gained some back. The important thing is not to give up! I really admire you for doing all that exercise. It will pay off, even if it's not this week. Also, my WW leader has said there are just tons of reasons for myserious weight gain. PMS, eating a lot of salt, taking a new medication, being plugged up, etc. can all make you gain. Your hard work will pay off--just stick with it! {{{HUGS}}} for you!

Hello all. I enjoy reading your posts so much. I'm very proud of all of us.

I attended my regular meeting today and the leader mentioned for the first time how she became a WW lifetime member: she lost 20 pounds to meet her goal. You could see a lot of eyebrows being raised. I thought leaders were supposed to be "big losers."

I read an article this weekend on the epidemic of pre-diabetes (sp?) in the US. As our nation becomes heavier, the negative health effects are increasing. But losing 5-8% of your body weight can lower your pre-diabetes risks by 55%. We're really becoming healthier.

You may not believe what I've started doing. I try to power walk or do a tape -- every day would be a huge exaggeration. As I've become more fit, it's harder to get my heart rate up with walking so... I've started adding 30-45 seconds of jogging every few minutes!! I can tell I'm lighter as I run. I hated running the 300 yard test in HS and haven't run since.

I have a new personal goal. My 39th birthday is on May 20th and I'd like to lose 39 pounds by then. We'll see.

I ate too much in Orlando so I wasn't surprised to see that my weigh-in today showed a loss of only .4 -- my total is 32.6 since 12/3/01. I have 47 days to lose 6.4 to meet my 39/39 goal. I'm going to really try.

Take care.
Mary

Mary- You can do it!!! You are soooo close to your goal. I unfortunatly cheated tonight, but I am in my 12th week of WW and this is only the 2nd time I have cheated. I am not feeling very guilty. I was hoping to be at my goal by June 12th. I have lost 29.8 so far, with another 15 to go. Hopefully I can make it.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter