• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WISH - Disney Easter Eggs (warning: spoilers included)

Oh, please, man. that's ONE movie. I've liked plenty of movies that were big hits. I've also liked plenty that weren't. I just don't base my personal like or dislike of them on their financial performance.
Just saying you do not represent the normal movie goer, not by a wide margin. You also really liked The Marvels,,,,,,you and literally dozens of others.

Just saying you do not represent the normal movie goer, not by a wide margin. You also really liked The Marvels,,,,,,you and literally dozens of others.

Yeah, and I also liked Super Mario Bros. I also liked Avatar: Way of Water - both big hits. Do you like every big hit? Did you like Barbie? By your logic, you should have because it's what the normal movie goer wants.

Barbie was not made for me. Did you like the notebook? Because almost every female I know loves that movie? I did not see Barbie, but I am not surprised in the least it did so well. It was perfectly made for its target audience 30-50 females who grew up playing with Barbie’s. Same as Super Mario was perfectly made for generation Xers who grew up playing Nintendo.

You try and make it difficult, I just don’t think it’s that difficult.

Wish did fool me though, as early trailers looked really solid to me. I haven’t seen it so I have no idea if it’s good or not, just seen it’s rough early box office numbers. The reviews I have read said music was meh. It all goes back to hiring the most talented people…..that’s the key Disney.

Last edited:
Yeah, and I also liked Super Mario Bros. I also liked Avatar: Way of Water - both big hits. Do you like every big hit? Did you like Barbie? By your logic, you should have because it's what the normal movie goer wants.
Trick question! Obviously everyone who didn't like Barbie is an alien. It is known. 😉

We really enjoyed The Marvels, and we went in with a really bad attitude because we aren’t Captain Marvel fans - movie or comic-book character. My X and Threads feeds are full of people who liked it. (Way more than dozens.) I hate the Notebook, and I also hate romcoms and Hallmark movies, although those are apparently made for me.

Average Joe or Jill in a flyover state is the average / normal movie goer. They work hard and want to be entertained occasionally by going to the movie. That’s who Disney better be targeting if they want to win again.

Not the east Coast and West Coast elites that dominate social media. It’s been proven over and over that the people that stay on twitter / X all day do not in any way represent the average family in America.

Last edited:
Average Joe or Jill in a flyover state is the average / normal movie goer. They work hard and want to be entertained occasionally by going to the movie. That’s who Disney better be targeting if they want to win again.

Not the east Coast and West Coast elites that dominate social media. It’s been proven over and over that the people that stay on twitter / X all day do not in any way represent the average family in America.
So now normal ppl are those that don't have social media and only ppl who have social media like Disney. Oh, and ppl with social media don't work hard and want to be entertained.

Friend, you are reaching so high I am worried for your back.

So now normal ppl are those that don't have social media and only ppl who have social media like Disney. Oh, and ppl with social media don't work hard and want to be entertained.

Friend, you are reaching so high I am worried for your back.
Keep doing what Disney is doing then! The only reaching I am doing is wanting Disney to win again and get this stock price out of the gutter.

Last edited:
I don’t complain about Barbie, I gave that movie its due. They made a good movie that pleased its target audience.

Same exact thing that SMB did, and why the original creators of Mario were so insistent that it be true to the essence of those characters. Left to its own devices Hollywood would have screwed up SMB, but Nintendo didn’t allow that. Novel concept huh?

We're seriously doing this on another thread? lol

I feel like if anything audiences liked Wish as I haven't meet a single other person who saw it that didn't like it as much as I did. I went with my family and they all enjoyed it significantly more than I did and I would say they're "normal moviegoers" as they don't pay attention to any Disney news on social media.

The issue is two-fold. First off, the movies have not been very good so people are wary. Star Wars right now is a mess. Marvel is a mess. Disney paid a ton of money and invested a ton of money in these franchises and they seem to be losing value at this point. Other movies like Haunted Mansion and Indiana Jones were disappointing. And it costs more than a few pennies to take a family to the theaters. People don’t want to waste it on movies that aren’t going to be any good. So audiences are going to wait.

“Wish” is outside the those franchises and supposed to be more in line to Disney’s wheelhouse of fairytales and family storytelling. So a lot of people were looking to see if this movie could break the trend. But it’s poor numbers at the box office highlights the second problem…. This goes beyond Wish. It could be fantastic movie. But it doesn’t matter. It would still bomb. Why? Because right now the brand itself is toxic to a lot of people. Disney is in the headlines constantly lately, and for usually the wrong reasons…such as dysfunctional management issues, or fighting with politicians, or taking on controversies, etc. That then poisons the well. Now you got the vloggers and social media influencers talking bad things. You got shows like South Park and comedians making parodies. You got critics watching these movies with already a bad taste in their mouth. It just all snowballs negative word of mouth and controversy. So you got some people out there that just would rather avoid anything Disney right now. And that is enough people to make pretty big gashes in what would otherwise be a profitable customer base.

The issue is two-fold. First off, the movies have not been very good so people are wary. Star Wars right now is a mess. Marvel is a mess. Disney paid a ton of money and invested a ton of money in these franchises and they seem to be losing value at this point. Other movies like Haunted Mansion and Indiana Jones were disappointing. And it costs more than a few pennies to take a family to the theaters. People don’t want to waste it on movies that aren’t going to be any good. So audiences are going to wait.

“Wish” is outside the those franchises and supposed to be more in line to Disney’s wheelhouse of fairytales and family storytelling. So a lot of people were looking to see if this movie could break the trend. But it’s poor numbers at the box office highlights the second problem…. This goes beyond Wish. It could be fantastic movie. But it doesn’t matter. It would still bomb. Why? Because right now the brand itself is toxic to a lot of people. Disney is in the headlines constantly lately, and for usually the wrong reasons…such as dysfunctional management issues, or fighting with politicians, or taking on controversies, etc. That then poisons the well. Now you got the vloggers and social media influencers talking bad things. You got shows like South Park and comedians making parodies. You got critics watching these movies with already a bad taste in their mouth. It just all snowballs negative word of mouth and controversy. So you got some people out there that just would rather avoid anything Disney right now. And that is enough people to make pretty big gashes in what would otherwise be a profitable customer base.
Bingo! Perfectly said here.

Caught a Tarzan reference when they were swinging on ropes towards the end of the movie.

As for the movie itself, my wife and DD14, both thought "one and done." I'm not that far on it as I think some of the music was good and the villain was fun. I do agree that the subtle easter eggs were great, but some were too much.

Love this! Perfectly said! I love Disney
But a lot of bs right now

God almighty @mods can we get this thread shut down? Ppl are blaming Disney's issues on "controversial" political decisions again.

I mean, I would prefer the **** stirrers to get banned but we all know that won't happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter