Wish splash pad ages

TinkB278

DIS Veteran
Hi! I’m planning to hopefully sail on the treasure next September and my boys will be 6 (turns 6 one month before the cruise) and 3 (2 at sail date but turning 3 on the cruise). I see an age limit of 6 at the splash pad. Does this mean 6 year olds are allowed? If not, how strict are they about enforcing this? My oldest will be so sad if he isn’t able to play in the water with my youngest. He loves doing everything with his little brother. Thanks for your help!

A 6 year old will be fine. They didn't say no to my 7 year old (who is as tall as an 8 year old), but the attendant was like "she'll probably be bored in there" and she was...

ETA: I should stipulate, my 7 year old went in to play with her 3 year old sister who wasn't fully potty trained. The older one just ended up riding the Rex slide a million times.

Last edited:
I strongly doubt they would check Key To the World cards at the Splash pad, which is the only way to check ages. As long as your older son is behaving politely, it shouldn't be a problem. The rule is to prevent older kids from bullying or bothering the younger kids for whom the splash pad is designed.

+1, a well-behaved 6 year old playing with a younger sibling (and with a parent there) should be fine. My kids are very similar in age and we've never had an issue.

6 is allowed but 7 is not and was, at least on my cruise, very strictly enforced. Went last year when my niece was 7 and her friends were 6 and 3. 6 and 3 went to the splash pad and I took 7 year old to the bathroom and then she went to join them - her friends were the only kids in the entire splash pad. We didn’t know there was an age limit. Attendant stopped her on her way in, asked her age, she was honest and attendant refused to let her in, even after we explained the other two were her friends and we’d tell her to leave if other kids came. Learned the age limit is posted on a sign outside the splash pad, which the attendant was standing in front of when we walked up.

6 is allowed but 7 is not and was, at least on my cruise, very strictly enforced. Went last year when my niece was 7 and her friends were 6 and 3. 6 and 3 went to the splash pad and I took 7 year old to the bathroom and then she went to join them - her friends were the only kids in the entire splash pad. We didn’t know there was an age limit. Attendant stopped her on her way in, asked her age, she was honest and attendant refused to let her in, even after we explained the other two were her friends and we’d tell her to leave if other kids came. Learned the age limit is posted on a sign outside the splash pad, which the attendant was standing in front of when we walked up.
Same experience. Only adult with my three kids (7, 4, and 2) and attendant refused entry to the 7 year old. Splash pad on the dream was up to 8, so came as a surprise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter