Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread #3-book @ 180 Days Now!

I understand from other sites that only people with tickets to the MVMCP can go to the TTFP on Party nights; how early do people usually realize this or are we likely to find cancellations the day before the Party by people who are just realizing it? And does that mean there may be walkups?

(In other words, we're hoping someone cancels for 2 people for 12/7.)

I was actually surprised when we attended this back in October how many "no shows " there were. There was one table labeled for 8 people who did not show up - and knowing that you still pay for it unless you cancel several days out? Ouch.. We saw at least 5 or 7 empty tables that had names on them..

I understand from other sites that only people with tickets to the MVMCP can go to the TTFP on Party nights; how early do people usually realize this or are we likely to find cancellations the day before the Party by people who are just realizing it? And does that mean there may be walkups?

(In other words, we're hoping someone cancels for 2 people for 12/7.)

I just wanted to say don't give up! I just found room for 4 on 12/9! :cool1: Funny thing is I saw it the night before but I wasn't logged in and I lost it... Rookie mistake! I was so sad and refreshed it a hundred times hoping but no luck. Then I woke up at 4am (not on purpose!) and checked again.... And there it was! Hoping we will have a birds eye view of the parade, though, since I'm pretty sure we won't make it until the second one. Anyone know?

Has anyone had any luck adding a person at the podium? Basically i have two reservations of 4 people each, but we have 9 in our party. The one I havent added yet is an infant. I tried calling but basically the CM told me they just look for a new reservation for 5, they cant just add one on? It's not like a baby could just find something else to do for the hour or so we are there :) I know some restaurants are much more flexible than others. Thanks!

I had had my reservation for 6 people for around 2 months when my SIL decided to join us, with my other SIL as well. I called and they were able to add the 2 of them.

I was there tonight and I saw several no show tables.

I had had my reservation for 6 people for around 2 months when my SIL decided to join us, with my other SIL as well. I called and they were able to add the 2 of them.

Thanks that is reassuring! We're a party of 9 (including three infants). Right now I have two reservations for four each, not including one infant, and will try to add the baby at the podium. If they dont let us the adults will just take turns strolling him around and eating. But I cant imagine they will turn it away if there are no shows. Any one have advice on watching the Christmas Parade and doing the dessert party together? Can you see anything from the terrace? Or should we plan on trying to get a spot on that side of the street and book it over to the party afterwards. Dont think the kiddos will make it to the second parade. But dont think we need to be close, either.

The problem though is that "no show" isn't like in other restaurants....since this is prepaid, and you're allowed to enter at any time, they can't give those seats away to someone else because what if that family shows up late, since they paid for the seats you can't tell them sorry too bad. And Disney certainly doesn't want to tell another family to go away even though we gave you those seats.

AND....collecting money at the entry would slow down the long line.

Thanks that is reassuring! We're a party of 9 (including three infants). Right now I have two reservations for four each, not including one infant, and will try to add the baby at the podium. If they dont let us the adults will just take turns strolling him around and eating. But I cant imagine they will turn it away if there are no shows. Any one have advice on watching the Christmas Parade and doing the dessert party together? Can you see anything from the terrace? Or should we plan on trying to get a spot on that side of the street and book it over to the party afterwards. Dont think the kiddos will make it to the second parade. But dont think we need to be close, either.

You can't really see the parades from terrace.....you can see the tops of tall floats, but the street dancers or characters that are walking, you won't even know they are there. If the parade is important I would definitely stake out a proper viewing place and then head over to the terrace. I don't think you need to "book it over"...because the parade usually finishes and then there is a bit of time before the fireworks start. Not to say you can lolly around, but a stroller dodge run isn't necessary, lol.

I have a reservation for this Saturday(12/6) and it shows up as 6pm in MDE. I called this evening and the CM said the party was 6pm. I don't see how that's correct since Wishes is listed at 10pm. Shouldn't the dessert party start at 9pm? I'm confused. I wouldn't really worry about it but we have a 6:35 FP for 7DMT.

I have a reservation for this Saturday(12/6) and it shows up as 6pm in MDE. I called this evening and the CM said the party was 6pm. I don't see how that's correct since Wishes is listed at 10pm. Shouldn't the dessert party start at 9pm? I'm confused. I wouldn't really worry about it but we have a 6:35 FP for 7DMT.

You are correct. The party is 1hr before the fireworks begin. 6pm is just the default time of all party dates. The CM was misinformed. Have fun!

I just read in today's DIS update email that if your reservation is between 6pm and 6:20pm, you need to check-in for the dessert party 1hr before the fireworks. So for example, if the fireworks are on at 9pm, you could check-in at 8pm. The email made it sound like this is a change in protocol, but isn't that what we've been doing all along? I always recommend that people get there just over an hour early. Am I missing something? :confused3

I'm trying to book the dessert party for this summer and the dates stop at July 3rd. Anyone know why?

In previous years July 4th was released later as There is a special Fireworks display and later hours. keep checking

In previous years July 4th was released later as There is a special Fireworks display and later hours. keep checking

Thanks. I can understand them blocking out the 4th (although the 3rd is open and there are special fireworks that nice as well.) It's the fact that you can't book anything after July 3rd that is confusing.

I think the issue might be that you can't book until it's 180 or 180+10 for Disney resort guests.

I was thinking the same thing. Even though I am a resort guest, it might be a hard 180 days and not the +10, BUT it will let me book any day up through July 3rd, which is 186 days out for me. :confused3 Weird.

180 days is now July 5th and it still will not book past July 3rd. With my current resort reservation and the 180+ 10 rule, it should be letting me book through July 15th. I really hope they are not canceling this.

I'm looking to book this too. Today is my 180 +10 day and I cannot book a single day for my entire trip.

180 days is now July 5th and it still will not book past July 3rd. With my current resort reservation and the 180+ 10 rule, it should be letting me book through July 15th. I really hope they are not canceling this.

I'm looking to book this too. Today is my 180 +10 day and I cannot book a single day for my entire trip.

A few weeks ago when my 180+10 window opened up, Disney's website would not allow me to book anything other than my 180th day. I finally called and was able to book all my ADR's including the Wishes Dessert Party. The CM said that it has been a very common problem with booking online at the 180 + 10 day mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter