Wishes in Catsablanca: 7.22.13 Epcot Wedding PJ&TR! Updated 03/09/15

Oh, my! I have sooo much to catch up on! I will be back, as soon as my home doesn't look like a huge disaster from returning from my own honeymoon! popcorn::

Ok Nicole,

Loving your TR,

Would you do Victoria and Albert's again?? We don't have it scheduled because of the cost. We will be there for 2 weeks so all dining adds up. We are planning on getting the Tables in Wonderland card so we would get a discount. Just don't know if I can convince him to go. Maybe next time??

Soo looking forward to hearing about your MK photo shoot. I so want to have Cricket for our shoot. Wondering how much I could imply that to get her?? :)

Jodi

Love the picture of your leftover cake and your comments - so funny, though it still looks delicious.

It's a lot of fun to read the groom POV. :) As for your V&A experience, it sounds like you two had a great time. All of the food looked delicious, and it sounds like you had a lovely experience. Also, I think making the cork to the bottle of champagne you drank at V&A is a neat idea - not something you hear of people doing, and it's a cute reminder of your wedding. :)

Hi!
This is my first post ever on the DIS after a long time of lurking (and getting engaged in the meantime ;-)). When I found your pj I fell totally in love with your theme and you look so beautiful and timeless (and I adore your shoes!!!). I'm really excited to hear more about how your honeymoon and your portrait sessions turned out!

Congratulations to both of you!!!!

Oh my goodness!! This is such a phenomenal post! I can't wait for another.

Thank you! Another's on the way!

Sounds like your V&A dinner was excellent! I love your recap. I loved the preliminary...just a casual dinner at Vicky and Al's, too funny!

The rose and the transportation offer were nice touches. How nice that it timed out so you could watch Wishes from your room again. We LOVE Wishes so much, that would be wonderful!

Looking forward to hearing about your photo shoot...

Brooke

Thanks! One of the great things about getting back to the hotel room in time for Wishes on our wedding day was that it was exactly two years to the day that we got engaged during Wishes, so it's pretty special for us in a lot of ways.

Oh, my! I have sooo much to catch up on! I will be back, as soon as my home doesn't look like a huge disaster from returning from my own honeymoon! popcorn::

Haha! I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon! For us, getting back to reality was definitely the only downside.

Ok Nicole,

Loving your TR,

Would you do Victoria and Albert's again?? We don't have it scheduled because of the cost. We will be there for 2 weeks so all dining adds up. We are planning on getting the Tables in Wonderland card so we would get a discount. Just don't know if I can convince him to go. Maybe next time??

Soo looking forward to hearing about your MK photo shoot. I so want to have Cricket for our shoot. Wondering how much I could imply that to get her?? :)

Jodi

Hi Jodi! We'd definitely go back to Victoria and Albert's. Cost was definitely a consideration, but Tables in Wonderland helped. For practical reasons, fine dining meals aren't a frequent occurrence for us, so when we do go out to one, it's important for us to feel like we got our money's worth. We felt that way at the end of this meal.

Even though we submitted three photographer names at our planning session, we still made it plain to our Wedding Planner that Cricket was our FIRST choice. I hope you get her!

Love the picture of your leftover cake and your comments - so funny, though it still looks delicious.

It's a lot of fun to read the groom POV. :) As for your V&A experience, it sounds like you two had a great time. All of the food looked delicious, and it sounds like you had a lovely experience. Also, I think making the cork to the bottle of champagne you drank at V&A is a neat idea - not something you hear of people doing, and it's a cute reminder of your wedding. :)

Thanks! The sagging looks of the cake made it a little easier to stick a fork into it and eat it. I'm not sure I'd have had the heart to in its original pristine form.

Hi!
This is my first post ever on the DIS after a long time of lurking (and getting engaged in the meantime ;-)). When I found your pj I fell totally in love with your theme and you look so beautiful and timeless (and I adore your shoes!!!). I'm really excited to hear more about how your honeymoon and your portrait sessions turned out!

Congratulations to both of you!!!!

Thank you! Congratulations on your engagement!

Epic Disneymoon: Day 2

Bride POV: The Magic Kingdom Photoshoot

It was back to the early morning schedule as our alarm clock went off at 3:30am or rather Mike Wazowski called to suggest we get up and greet the day. I had to console DH that this was in fact "sleeping in" compared to when we girls had had to wake up for the wedding day beautification. I, more or less, just rolled out of bed and made myself (and our room) presentable. He, more or less, just rolled over into a chair and watched TV.

At 4:00am I got a phone call from Jenny at the front door because the doors to the rooms are locked at that point in the day, which makes sense, and I quickly ran down to let her in. The process carried on similarly to the wedding day. She had taken photos of my hair to replicate the look, and then just simply repeated the make-up. I think I even liked the make-up more on the photoshoot days, though the differences are quite subtle. We maintained comfortable small talk, while Cake Showdown (or Sugar Dome?) and Three's Company played on the TV. The infomercials started later.

DH himself started getting ready around 5:00am and we got the 30-minute warning call from Cricket at 5:30am. We were running a little behind and DH had to learn fast how to lace up my dress (it's not as though he could practice ahead of time!).

We met Cricket and her assistant, Amanda, in the lobby. As we drove over to MK, Cricket gave us a couple photos from the DP, including my favourite shot with the umbrella. It really built up confidence and anticipation for the photoshoot and how great our photos were going to turn out!

She drove directly into MK through a CM entrance between Adventureland and Splash Mountain. If you've ever been on the Keys to the Kingdom tour, this is where you go backstage to see the parade float building. She parked the car in Liberty Square near the Riverboat entrance, and grabbed her equipment. All employees have to wear orange work vests in MK before park opening, they're very strict about it. Apparently MK has the most strict rules, it's more relaxed at the other parks. I can probably understand why. There were a lot of trucks and workers everywhere: painting, hosing, building. In the dark and with all the work going on, MK was almost unrecognizable.

The first shot we did was the "moat shot." It was the only photo location I'd specifically requested. When we got to the bridge where she would take the photo, she pulled out her cell phone and dialed a number. Then she told me to press a number. At the touch of a button Cinderella's castle lit up! How magical! And later on I got to tell my family I had turned the lights on that morning... mind-blowingly awesome!

As we walked down on to the grass there was a family of ducks waddling around, and they made a cameo in our moat shot, which is so cute! Amanda helped us down and set up the lighting, while Cricket prepared up on the bridge. It took quite a long time to set it up (and to be fair, she had warned us about that during our phone call before the wedding). For us it was worth it because it was the only shot I really, definitely wanted, but for others you could probably do quite a few locations in the time it takes to set it up. Something to consider. One last comment before the photos. I brought a pair of flats with me, it was a really good idea for this one shot, because you are standing on the grass. And if you had a long wedding day, your feet might even still be sore from wearing heels.

1214_P354260713-1214_zps0f94c3ff.jpg

Teeny photo, but check out the ripples in the water on the left hand side -- our duck family!

1216_P354260713-1216_zpsb25d780a.jpg

1217_P354260713-1217_zpscb37e5dd.jpg

1219_P354260713-1219_zpse63b14f3.jpg

Next we hit up Main Street, because the lights were on, which Cricket said was unusual. I'm glad we did, because I love the photos we got.

1226_P354260713-1226_zps9739d3f3.jpg

1227_P354260713-1227_zpse42835eb.jpg

Next Partners Statue. Cricket asked to try another experiment, and I was all for it. She handed me a parasol this time.

1230_P354260713-1230_zps5c11a40a.jpg

1234_P354260713-1234_zpsde5623f5.jpg

1_PH354260713-0001_zps963936e5.jpg

1238_P354260713-1238_zpsfbe17d87.jpg

Outside the Castle...

1239_P354260713-1239_zps48db4865.jpg

1243_P354260713-1243_zpsde6b7031.jpg

Under the Castle...

1244_P354260713-1244_zps6fbef874.jpg

1246_P354260713-1246_zps63eca35f.jpg

In the Castle...

1249_P354260713-1249_zps81429450.jpg

Shh... I'm looking into a washroom. But I'm sure it's the most romantic washroom...

1254_P354260713-1254_zpsc92a4e49.jpg

1257_P354260713-1257_zpsf690b3cd.jpg

While we were inside the castle the Head of MK came in with a group of guests, who "oohed" and "ahhed" and congratulated us.

Next up Carousel... I believe I may have also requested the photo on the carousel if we had time during the phone call.

1259_P354260713-1259_zps61714664.jpg

New Fantasyland...

1263_P354260713-1263_zps5535fc89.jpg

When we got inside the Beast's castle there were a couple of ladies wandering around taking measurements. They were measuring the castle for its first Christmas decorations!

1266_P354260713-1266_zpsbbfe41b2.jpg

1269_P354260713-1269_zpsa596cb76.jpg

1277_P354260713-1277_zps44aeacfe.jpg

1280_P354260713-1280_zpsa8150f2f.jpg

1281_P354260713-1281_zps838129d5.jpg

1283_P354260713-1283_zpsf0b60c0c.jpg

Somewhere around the end of our Beast's castle shoot, people started coming up to Cricket and telling her we had to leave. And then the near constant P.A. announcements started up that cars needed to be moved and everyone needed to get out by 7:45.

1290_P354260713-1290_zps83e43e9a.jpg

Well... there was still time for a couple last photos.

1292_P354260713-1292_zps8ae5afdb.jpg

1293_P354260713-1293_zps10bc73e1.jpg

As we were leaving MK, the security at the entrance had really been increased with bomb-sniffing dogs and more. Cricket remarked that there were a lot of very important people there that morning, and unusually high security. Perhaps there was a VIP coming or something. We never really found out, but it felt like it made the experience just a little more cool, if that's even possible!

Cricket dropped us off back at the GF front entrance, and kept my bouquet for its refresh for our DHS shoot the next morning.

We took a bit of a rest after the photos, sleeping in a bit more until our breakfast reservation at Kona, and gearing up for the first of two days guiding my family (my parents plus 6 WDW first-timers). I left my hair and make-up intact (sans veil), so if anyone is wondering how well Beaute Speciale's work holds up you'll get a little bit of an insight here with photographic proof. And it was definitely put to the test - guiding a group of 10 (including myself and DH) around Magic Kingdom in July heat, rain and crowds. No breaks. Go!

GROOM POV

All right, all right, I'm going, already. Took the boat to the Poly and said "Aloha" to Kona Cafe. We were running a bit late but still had to wait for a table, despite several empty tables. Oh well. We needn't have hurried. Our server was very friendly and suggested celebratory mimosas. A fine suggestion that we took her up on.

DSC_0270_zps43c4a783.jpg

DSC_0271_zps4545902e.jpg

DSC_0265_zpsdf375b96.jpg

Nicole: I don't know how these things happen, but it may be why we're married. :lovestruc

Nicole ordered the famous Tonga Toast, and I had the less-famous Big Kahuna platter. At this point, Tonga Toast doesn't really need a description, suffice to say it involves stuffing bananas into French toast. Now, the French might bristle at having bananas all up in their toast, but one bite will tell you that such a combination was meant to be. You've heard of "Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité?" The holy union between bananas and French toast is the fraternité they're talking about. It's a big, heavy beast of a thing, though, and eating a whole one gets to be a chore in the last few bites.

DSC_0272_zps569dffa8.jpg

Vive le toast!

But those pineapple pancakes in the Big Kahuna are nothing to sneeze at! In fact, if you sneeze at them, you'll be less likely to eat them, so don't sneeze at them. You should eat them, because they're very, very good! In fact, Nicole liked them more than her Tonga Toast. Overall, I'd say that the Big Kahuna is a better meal, whereas Tonga Toast is three or four heavenly mouthfuls and then a long nap.

DSC_0274_zps1773de7e.jpg

Not that we needed more sugar-covered carbs, but our server brought us two chocolate cupcakes with adorable folding umbrellas. It was a lovely gesture.

DSC_0267_zpsd3806ca6.jpg

DSC_0276_zps32a8088f.jpg

Cheers! Let's eat!

Can I just say that Kona Cafe is very reasonably-priced? Even with booze, a plate of food called the Big Kahuna, and a brick-sized French toast, the price was comparable to my breakfast at Picabu. And that's with table service. Ugh! That place!

It was getting on in the morning, so we sped over to MK to meet up with Nicole's parents and extended family. It was an unnecessary rush, as they did not arrive for another hour or so. We bided our time by browsing the crystal shop and Main Street and taking in the morning parade.

IMG_9674_zpsc8c11291.jpg

It wasn't until after eleven that the others finally arrived. We're used to getting through most of the rides before that time, so the lackadaisical pace of this day would be a distinct change for us. Nevertheless, we'd resolved to make this a memorable Disney vacation for our guests, and if that meant moving at their pace, then that's what we'd do.

Nicole's father and uncle are great fans of thrill rides, so we headed over to Frontierland for Splash Mountain fastpasses, and the group split in twain, with Nicole and the bulk of the group (heretofore dubbed "Thrillies") queuing up for Big Thunder Mountain, and me leading the weak-stomached ("Queasies") over to Fantasyland. The Queasies took in the Enchanted Tiki Room and Pirates (a hit, even with Nicole's mom who hates rides.) We met back up again to get on Haunted Mansion (a nightmare of group-herding, if ever there was one) then split up again while Nicole took the Thrillies to cash in their Splash Mountain fastpasses, and I ran with a fistfull of room keys to get Space Mountain fastpasses.

You've probably noticed that Nicole and I were deliberately leveraging our resources (i.e. splitting up) to fully maximize our earning power (getting fastpasses.) Not to pat ourselves on the back but... oh, heck, I'm fully patting ourselves on the back, because I'm proud that we were able to get our guests on the essential attractions and they feel like they got their money's worth. Pat, pat!

The Thrillies didn't need Splash Mountain to get thoroughly soaked, because another rainstorm did it for them.

50068420134_zpsde703442.jpg

Even with a pre-soaking [note the welcome bag ponchos coming to good use!], Splash Mountain was fun, and Queasies were treated to It's a Small World. We decided to break for lunch in the Figaro room at Pinnochio's Village Haus, where this happened:

DSC_0296_zpsca57f889.jpg

Oh, would that our own cat, Kimchi, had the same refined table manners as Figaro!

DSC_0290_zps323789c8.jpg

Kimchi's fascination with ribbon is comparable, though...

DSC_0288_zps37a8063a.jpg

After lunch, I dashed to the Jungle Cruise for fastpasses while Nicole took the group to line up for Pirates--The Queasies didn't mind an encore, and the rest of the group loved it. The Jungle Cruise was another hit (they all loved the cheesy jokes), but there weren't enough fastpasses, so Nicole and I waited on the pier.

DSC_0298_zpse7a126d7.jpg

Then it was over to Tomorrowland via family castle photo-op. The photopass person even asked us where we got our "Just Married" buttons!

50068420160_zps80b4e594.jpg

With some time before the Space Mountain fastpasses, we stepped through the interdimensional portal to Monstropolis for a show at the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. With newly added Monsters U. alum, for a fully synergistic experience. Our last stop in the parks was Space Mountain--an A++ with the Thrillies if there ever was one.

50068420162_zpseb1a4d39.jpg

50068420163_zps5e979f46.jpg

Nicole: Ashley and I were photo-ready!

50068420165_zpsf9eccc9e.jpg

Nicole: I look like some crazy 1920s flapper lady... Where's the hooch!?

We beat it back to the monorail to get to our respective dinner reservation: we to our dinner at Ohana with my parents, Nicole's parents and brother's family, and Nicole's extended family to her aunt's birthday dinner at The Wave.

IMG_9677_zps120e3e3b.jpg

Predictably, the wait for our reservation at Ohana was a long one, and we were seated well after our reservation time. I realize an ADR isn't a typical reservation where they're holding you a table, but it seemed pretty egregious in this particular instance. Perhaps it was because my two-year-old niece was there and I didn't want them to wait for dinner longer than necessary. They seemed to take it in stride, though, so I think I was the only one who was aggravated.

171_zps1ea179e5.jpg

Nicole: Grumpy looking DH surrounded by happy looking family. Psst: It was just him.

Everyone in our party seemed to enjoy themselves, particularly Nicole's parents who really loved the food. There's no doubt that Ohana is a good place for big gatherings, because there's something for everyone, big pineapple drinks, and with the floor show, a lot to see and do. But I think I'm done with Ohana for a while. Enough, Ohana. Enough now.

178_zps60a98fb6.jpg

Eat...

IMG_9685_zpsbaa55239.jpg

Drink...

176_zps787089f6.jpg

Be married!

IMG_9690_zpsd6c1c28f.jpg

Bread pudding encore!

IMG_9694_zpsa98afe38.jpg

Nicole: Minnie and Yeti cat chat amicably while an exhausted DH falls asleep nearby.

IMG_9697_zpsa2a61466.jpg

Ohana means Family!

We'd made plans for to meet back up with Nicole's family after dinner for Wishes, but somehow when the monorail pulled into the Grand Floridian and the doors opened, Nicole and I just fell right out. Isn't that odd? In spite of ourselves, flop! We were on the floor of the monorail station watching the train pull away to the Magic Kingdom without us. And with literally minutes before the next train was due to arrive, we decided to go back to the hotel room instead. After all, we had another pre-dawn wake-up call tomorrow...

As the night drew to a close we were lulled to sleeping by the soothing sounds of the Electric Water Pageant....

DSC_0304_zpsb9f0fd5f.jpg

Next Up: An ominous morning in 1930s Hollywood...

I think it's great that you spent so much time with your guests and planned everything for them! And your MK shoots turned out beautiful - you two look so relaxed that one couldn't tell that it was practically in the middle of the night! I really like the shoots with the parasol, it looks like you bought it with the dress! Do you know if you can request such things for your portrait sessions?
And thanks for the congrats (perhaps I should mention: if my posting times seem weird or my grammar bad - I'm from Germany, so I'm posting overseas).

I kept meaning to reply to your last update (literally had the tab open 2 or 3 times!) but I never got around to it.

V&A looks DI-VINE. I love food so much, I would love to cross that off our Disney Dining bucket list someday. DF is far less of an adventurous eater than I am, so it might take a couple of years to convince him - maybe a 10 year anniversary?

Your MK pictures look so beautiful! I really think you lucked out having Cricket do your shoot. I love that you got some in the day time too, not all before sunset so it looks like the middle of the night.

Mmmmmm Kona and Ohana. Even with the poor Ohana timing those two have some of the most drool worthy food pics!

Sounds like splitting up when we do the parks with a large group is going to be necessary. Especially when everyone has different priorities and what they will or won't do! Love your system :)

Nicole--your photos are so gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can only hope that my pictures are as gorgeous! I think if I can have Cricket, I'll cancel the whole MK shoot. Seriously--she's the only person I want taking my MK photos.

Tiffiny

You two have so many wonderful pictures at the MK--I'm so excited for you! I love the ones inside the castle and BOG the most I think...your wedding clothes just look so perfect in those settings...

Interesting about the setup time for the one shot, I hadn't really thought about that, but it makes sense.

It was fun hearing about your day touring with your family groups at the MK--I like the way you divided every one up and each spearheaded your group. I'm sure they all appreciated getting so much time and attention from you both.

Thank you for sharing all your wonderful pictures and looking forward to more!!!

Brooke

Nicole,

Ok I'm in! We have a reservation for V&A, mostly thanks to your TR! I had brought it up but with the price of it we weren't going to, but what an awesome time to do it! Another reason why I wanted to do it now is the TIW card will discontinue the discount for it at the end of the summer of 2014!

I am in love with your MK pictures!! You've given me great inspiration! Interesting about the set up time for the moat picture but seriously it's a must!!

Now to pray,wish, hope and some how make it happen to get Cricket as our photographer!! :)

Jodi

I think it's great that you spent so much time with your guests and planned everything for them! And your MK shoots turned out beautiful - you two look so relaxed that one couldn't tell that it was practically in the middle of the night! I really like the shoots with the parasol, it looks like you bought it with the dress! Do you know if you can request such things for your portrait sessions?
And thanks for the congrats (perhaps I should mention: if my posting times seem weird or my grammar bad - I'm from Germany, so I'm posting overseas).
Thank you! I'm not sure about requesting props, but when you talk to your photographer prior to the wedding day you should definitely bring up any prop ideas you might have, or ask if they have any props they normally like to use. I didn't really think to even ask about props, it was all Cricket's idea, in the case of our wedding. :goodvibes

I kept meaning to reply to your last update (literally had the tab open 2 or 3 times!) but I never got around to it.

V&A looks DI-VINE. I love food so much, I would love to cross that off our Disney Dining bucket list someday. DF is far less of an adventurous eater than I am, so it might take a couple of years to convince him - maybe a 10 year anniversary?

Your MK pictures look so beautiful! I really think you lucked out having Cricket do your shoot. I love that you got some in the day time too, not all before sunset so it looks like the middle of the night.

Mmmmmm Kona and Ohana. Even with the poor Ohana timing those two have some of the most drool worthy food pics!

Sounds like splitting up when we do the parks with a large group is going to be necessary. Especially when everyone has different priorities and what they will or won't do! Love your system :)
We definitely recommend V&A, it is worth trying to convince your DF! And it's Disney World, so I'm sure they always have less adventurous choices.

We are very happy with the MK shots, and lucked out with the early summer sunrise. It's really nice to have the mix of day and night photos.

Splitting up was the best way for us to really maximize everyone's time. It was little strange to basically be apart for a lot of the day on the first couple days of our honeymoon, but they way my family keeps raving about the experience makes it all worth it!

Nicole--your photos are so gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can only hope that my pictures are as gorgeous! I think if I can have Cricket, I'll cancel the whole MK shoot. Seriously--she's the only person I want taking my MK photos.

Tiffiny
Cricket is truly amazing! Fingers crossed you get her for your shoot! :goodvibes

Awesome!!!
Thanks! :goodvibes

You two have so many wonderful pictures at the MK--I'm so excited for you! I love the ones inside the castle and BOG the most I think...your wedding clothes just look so perfect in those settings...

Interesting about the setup time for the one shot, I hadn't really thought about that, but it makes sense.

It was fun hearing about your day touring with your family groups at the MK--I like the way you divided every one up and each spearheaded your group. I'm sure they all appreciated getting so much time and attention from you both.

Thank you for sharing all your wonderful pictures and looking forward to more!!!

Brooke
Thank you for reading! I think Cricket did mention on the phone that the setup time for the shot would take longer, and it really does. It takes a while for them to get the lighting right and because the photographer and assistant have to be separated to setup the shot from the bridge and the lawn/moat communication between them also takes time. If you really want that photo it's worth it, but if you'd rather go to more locations, it may prevent you. We had to choose between BoG and the Little Mermaid area during the shoot, for example, because we only had time to visit one.

Nicole,

Ok I'm in! We have a reservation for V&A, mostly thanks to your TR! I had brought it up but with the price of it we weren't going to, but what an awesome time to do it! Another reason why I wanted to do it now is the TIW card will discontinue the discount for it at the end of the summer of 2014!

I am in love with your MK pictures!! You've given me great inspiration! Interesting about the set up time for the moat picture but seriously it's a must!!

Now to pray,wish, hope and some how make it happen to get Cricket as our photographer!! :)

Jodi
That is good to know about the TIW card discontinuing the discount. We used the card during our meal, and it definitely saved us quite a significant amount. So glad to hear you are going to go for it too! It's an amazing experience.

Fingers crossed you get Cricket! She is amazing and does amazing work :goodvibes!

A belated Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone! Oh and Happy New Year too! Congratulations to all the 2014 DisBrides who will be getting married this year, I'm so excited for you!

And now back to the report!

Epic Disneymoon: Day 3

The next morning began much the same as the previous day. I think we may have had an extra 15 minutes in bed because our DHS shoot meeting time was at 6:15am rather than 6:00am, but it was the hardest day of the three to get up. I think my body finally knew we were reaching the end and was starting to conk out. Since I was ready I went down to the lobby before Jenny called up and saw her just outside the door as I got there. She told me that was the first time anyone had ever done that. Well, I was used to the procedure at that point.

Finally all the early mornings and long exhausting days were catching up with me, so the small talk drifted off quickly and I mostly just sat and with my eyes closed, but I didn't sleep, because for whatever reason I can't sleep while sitting.

Things were going very smoothly, so we were all set to go a lot earlier. No rushing with laces, we finally had it all down! We got to the lobby and Cricket and Amanda were just arriving. Good timing.

On the way over Cricket told us that there had been an awful storm around in the early hours of the morning and she was glad they hadn't cancelled our shoot. So were we, since the storm was news to us... we hadn't seen or heard anything!

Just like MK, she drove right into the park through an entrance near Fairfax Faire and the other quick service restaurants on Sunset Blvd and parked on the street between the Beauty and Beast theatre and the Fantasmic entrance.

There were some seriously ominous clouds overhead.

When we had discussed with Cricket where I wanted photos at Hollywood Studios back in June, I told her Tower of Terror. And maybe Sunset Blvd. But I wouldn't be disappointed if all our photos were exclusively at ToT. With that in mind, she set our first shot up in front of the Tower.

1296_P354260713-1296_zps674a445b.jpg

1298_P354260713-1298_zps20b43ebb.jpg

With the ominous clouds and winds really picking up. Amanda leaned over Cricket's camera and said no one will ever have a shot like it.

1299_P354260713-1299_zps3bdd7479.jpg

1300_P354260713-1300_zps271150fa.jpg

Next we picked up our heels and headed over to the Tower itself via the exit. As we were walking a CM/worker drove by in a golf cart and literally said: "Storm's a-comin'!" We ran up the stairs to the terrace just making it before a massive downpour let loose from the skies. It was seriously ominous. The perfect atmosphere for ToT. Except for, y'know, the wet.

We started with photos in the entrance way to the ride. She did her best to get us in as far as possible, but it's a tough proposition to make it look we were actually in that lobby. Oh well, I knew how it would be.

1306_P354260713-1306_zpseb9d0a81.jpg

1308_P354260713-1308_zpsb998110c.jpg

1304_P354260713-1304_zpsa04833b7.jpg

1310_P354260713-1310_zpsee97bc43.jpg

I got the sense that the rain was throwing her off a little. There's was a lot more thinking happening than at MK, which had fled like a fluid flow from location to location. It was seriously pouring rain, so all our locations were somewhat limited. At least we'd made it to the terrace!

That being said, I am really happy with these. They are the perfect lighting for a dank 1930s Hollywood hotel, and I feel like I'm looking at the exact vintage look I was going for when I had devised the theme for our wedding.

1312_P354260713-1312_zps2fc56b69.jpg

1313_P354260713-1313_zps7e05a285.jpg

1315_P354260713-1315_zpsa71133d4.jpg

1319_P354260713-1319_zps3b2c4514.jpg

1323_P354260713-1323_zpsf62a121e.jpg

1327_P354260713-1327_zps58d456d6.jpg

1331_P354260713-1331_zpsf2d1836c.jpg

1330_P354260713-1330_zps35b9492f.jpg

1332_P354260713-1332_zpseb2376a5.jpg

1335_P354260713-1335_zpsab731e7b.jpg

1336_P354260713-1336_zps7a20e34e.jpg

Right around here the weather started to let up and Cricket asked if I wanted to risk possible getting dripped on by going under the trellis. You bet I did! It was my last day wearing the dress in Disney, there was no way I was going to let a little rain prevent me from getting my dream photos!

1339_P354260713-1339_zps32ecf11e.jpg

1341_P354260713-1341_zps8a25cf51.jpg

1342_P354260713-1342_zps2d75bf61.jpg

1343_P354260713-1343_zps8576b0e6.jpg

I can't believe we were allowed to do this. I love them!

1345_P354260713-1345_zpsea3e8058.jpg

1346_P354260713-1346_zpsa6fce9c0.jpg

1348_P354260713-1348_zps46416e9a.jpg

1352_P354260713-1352_zpsf935abd2.jpg

1350_P354260713-1350_zpsf243940a.jpg

Following that, we went back down the stairs to the courtyard.

1357_P354260713-1357_zpsed98eb5f.jpg

1356_P354260713-1356_zpsa830bd1a.jpg

We started over to a walkway near some drinking fountains. I'd never been over in that area before.

1363_P354260713-1363_zpsc12212a4.jpg

And then we went back into the courtyard. The rain was still spitting gently, but at this point, it didn't matter at all.

1364_P354260713-1364_zps74780c53.jpg

1367_P354260713-1367_zps3747e5a5.jpg

1370_P354260713-1370_zpsa5f5d9cf.jpg

1371_P354260713-1371_zps868eee6e.jpg

1372_P354260713-1372_zps4a6155e1.jpg

1373_P354260713-1373_zps0c4404f4.jpg

After that we headed to do a couple last shots on Sunset Blvd.

1377_P354260713-1377_zpsfc786de7.jpg

Apparently DHS is the only park that will open early if they are all ready to go, so with the pre-opening cast members quickly clearing out, Cricket was starting to worry she might need to move the car. Amanda offered to go take care of it while she continued photographing us.

1378_P354260713-1378_zpscedcb438.jpg

1380_P354260713-1380_zpse9d4421d.jpg

1381_P354260713-1381_zpse143e9c7.jpg

1386_P354260713-1386_zpsea151098.jpg

1390_P354260713-1390_zps5e0608cc.jpg

1392_P354260713-1392_zpsf63736fb.jpg

1393_P354260713-1393_zpsda91299e.jpg

1395_P354260713-1395_zpsfa347d54.jpg

And that was it! Amanda brought around the car and literally just as I was climbing in the came pouring down again! Lucky or what!! A CM in a shop door was congratulating us and Amanda was telling me what she was saying because I couldn't hear from the backseat. She was so sweet.

As we drove back to the GF we all remarked how lucky it was that today wasn't the wedding day! Back outside the GF we departed company from Cricket, thanking her profusely once again for all her work and saying a final goodbye. Sigh!

So I have the rest of the day's text ready, I'm just waiting for a couple of photos from my Mom to finish putting the photos in!

In the meantime, here is a link to the photobook that I made for our parents for Christmas. There are some more (and bigger) photos than I posted in my TR and other details from the wedding in it for anyone who'd like to see more photos. :goodvibes

Link: http://www.blurb.ca/bookstore/invited...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter