With all the bad wheather is everyone okay?

brat

DIS Veteran
Just wanting to send prayers to all liveing and traveling through the bad wheather.:hug:

Wild evening in Alabama.

I'm in Birmingham in the middle of the state (actually in Hoover a southern suburb).

A tornado went through Tuscaloosa to the west of us (50 miles away) my home town through downtown and up into downtown Birmingham and another 50 miles to the east at least.

A second tornado has passsed south of us about 15 miles around 6:30pm.

Last night we had more bad weather but it passed further north of us (60 miles north in Jasper/Walker County).

I have family in Tuscaloosa I'm still trying to get in touch with though.

Thanks for asking. I swear these tornadoes wear grooves in the Earth because they seem to travel northeast in the same 2 or 3 corridors around here. Luckily I'm not in them but the weather guys keep calling out the same community names ("Get to your safe place in Oak Grove").

Bama ED

Glad to hear you are okay.:hug:

Will keep your family in our prayer and pray you hear good news about your loved ones soon.:hug:

We are just soggy, but OK. The sun is suppose to be out tomorrow. :goodvibes

Wild evening in Alabama.

I'm in Birmingham in the middle of the state (actually in Hoover a southern suburb).

A tornado went through Tuscaloosa to the west of us (50 miles away) my home town through downtown and up into downtown Birmingham and another 50 miles to the east at least.

A second tornado has passsed south of us about 15 miles around 6:30pm.

Last night we had more bad weather but it passed further north of us (60 miles north in Jasper/Walker County).

I have family in Tuscaloosa I'm still trying to get in touch with though.

Thanks for asking. I swear these tornadoes wear grooves in the Earth because they seem to travel northeast in the same 2 or 3 corridors around here. Luckily I'm not in them but the weather guys keep calling out the same community names ("Get to your safe place in Oak Grove").

Bama ED

Ed, glad to hear you're okay. I kept thinking about you and the many other AL Fort lovers last night. TN got it bad, but AL got it worse. Even though it's supposed to be a beautiful day today, it's a sad time to think about all of the fatalities and destroyed homes the tornadoes caused last night.:sad2:

I hope others continue to "check in."

Everyone still okay, worried about you guys again last night hearing about more storms over night.We will keep you in our prayers.:hug:

We live just south of Shreveport and had a tornado pass 1.5 miles of our house. The wife was home, Im at work, still at work (I work 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, but Im away for my 2 weeks on) we still dont have power, going on day 2. wify is getting all the ice chests filled to start moving meats and such from freezers.

lots of fences down and trees snapped off. Wife has not gone to the lake property to see if any damage yet.

I wish I was home, Id get the RV and gen up and running so as to have AC and a freezer

All are fine just no power

It's really sad to see all this destruction and while be live in one of the more unfriendly "old folks" area (Northern Va. just outside of the D.C beltway) with the high cost of living we often think where would we move to that would be better. Over the past 40+ years we have live almost everywhere ... Ca - no thanks for the earthquakes, Santa Anna fires and mudslides ... South (I grew up in Biloxi, Ms) - no hurricanes for me, been thru Betsy and Camille back in the 60's and the summer humidity is a killer ... Mid West - floods and tornados and DW is from Chicago and I went to college there and the winters can be brutal. Even the popular NC/SC area for retirement can be brutal weather wise with the ice storms, hurricances and horrendous rain/flooding. Outside of the cost of living here and the traffic congestion we are thankful that we actually live where we now do.

My heart goes out to those in the Mid West who have had their unfair share of weather issues over the past 5 or so years with the flooding and tornadoes. However, with the exception of the whiners from Katrina, I'm amazed at the resilience of folks that just roll up the ole sleeves and get on with life when faced with such seemingly huge obstacles.

Larry

Since the stroms are bad again thought I would bump so see if everyone is okay?Sending hugs and prayers to all affected or worried about loved ones and friends.:grouphug:

I've been try'n to keep up with the happenings Missouri,,really really sad what has happened there.
My heart and prayers go out to those folks.

I can tell you that Joplin has seen enough - lives are rebuilding - it's going to take a while to get life back in some kind of rhythm. Any prayers for this town are greatly appreciated!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter