Wk of May 31 - WISH Team Walkers and Runners

:goodvibesI just started a thread...challenge to get everyone to run a little tomorrow for Running Day. Please post on the other thread tomorrow!

OK...so I have an idea...
National Running Day is June 3. It doesn't matter if you run or walk or jog or amble....Let's try to ALL move tomorrow!

I am challenging the WISH team to 500 miles. (I'd actually like to challenge 1000 miles, but I don't have any idea how many Wish members there are.)

Come here and post your run or walk miles for June 3, no matter which "team" you are on, if any. Even if you just go walk one loop around a track, come on and post your 1/4 mile. It's ALL good!

I'll total up the miles and we can see how far we can go.

Who's with me?

I will join in for the National Run Day!

Hey Liz!!!

I did 4.10 miles tonight, the last .10 was just that I kept going till I got to the car as it was raining!!. Rain wasn't too bad and didn't rain the entire 4 miles, but towards the end it just kept getting heavier and the lightening was starting to show itself.

Tracy

Hi All! I just did the San Diego Rock 'n Roll marathon, so the thought of running tomorrow scares me half to death! I will try to do something, even if its just a long walk with the dog... did I just say long? Making it from the bed to the bathroom seems long right now... seriously, I hope to feel better by tomorrow!

Still waiting to sign up for the Princess half, but I've got the Disneyland/Trek duathlon in 2 weeks! It'll be my first attempt at a duathlon, and I've done ZERO biking... should be interesting, to say the least. I figure if I come in last place I can only improve for next time, right?:rotfl2:

Tammy, How was RnR San Diego? I heard it was hot.

As for me, I did just over 3.75 miles in just under 30 minutes (about an 8 minute pace). I've gotten my speed back in the heat, but the endurance is still taking a while. I know I'll adjust to it by mid-June at least.

Best,
Jennifer

3 miles yesterday for national running day, only 2 miles walking tonight. I'm having a hard time coordinating running with biking and now swim classes. My next duathlon is not until Oct but I really want to work on the swim thing in case I can actually do a tri. I need fewer days at work or more hours in my day :thumbsup2

I would also be interested in hearing what you thought of the race Tammy. I have run Nashville twice and Elite put on a good race both times. I will be doing two more of theirs in September (VA Beach and Phily) so am interested in how their other runs turn out.

I didn't get to do any running yesterday but got out and did a short tempo run of 3 miles tonight. I am heading off first thing in the morning to run the Sunburst 10K in South Bend.

Yesterday took the dog for a jog, 1 mile for National Running Day.

Today, 8.25 miles in 1:13. Followed by 1,000 meters in the ocean, 30 minutes.

Happy Aloha Friday everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter